Millennials are becoming more resentful of their parents for not being able to babysit their grandchildren

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Millennial and Dad here…both sides literally have to beg us to keep our son…and we turn them down every single time:yeshrug:

Some of yall probably think I’m 🧢 but my wifes
Mom literally threw a bytch fit cause we said no to overnight visits
Why?

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
A lot of those parents expected the kids to watch their siblings. One of my friends married a single mom who had 2 teen daughters. He had two additional kids with her, and the teen daughters were expected to watch the little ones. Then, the older daughter ended up a single mom, and asked for help watching her 2 kids, and his wife says no. I don’t think that’s fair.
Its not fair but its not surprising either. Like expecting relatives who always got they hand out to actually pitch in when the time comes u need some change.

That mother has already designated their role. Had she been willing to return the favor, she would have likely never put that on them like that to begin with. :francis:

Daps
I'm very particular about this because I've seen folks I grew up with have children and drop them off on their parents (the grandparents) to raise them while they're out living their best life.

I have a problem with that. I don't plan to ever drop my children off with my parents. If they come get them, or tell me to bring them by, that's one thing. But I'm not going to force my parents to be babysitters.
Yeah this is unfortunately an all too common dynamic and has been for some time. Usually see it with the babies having babies, where the grandparent lowkey the one who ends up raising them. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
R.i.p.my Granny she was mean as shyt.

Sicilian born in Detroit 1933

My ma n pa ( great grand parents) born in Palermo sicilia (Italy)

Registered @ Ellis island NYC in 1902

My pa bootlegged in the 30s Detroit .. passed in '89 with a bullet in the shoulder

Fam alwTs told me he went to "college" but was in the klink for 3yrs

My pop gave me his '22

Last edited:
Daps
R.i.p.my Granny she was mean as shyt.

Sicilian born in Detroit 1933

My ma n pa ( great grand parents) born in Palermo sicilia (Italy)

Registered @ Ellis island NYC in 1902

My pa bootlegged in the 30s Detroit .. passed in '89 with a bullet in the shoulder

Fam alwTs told me he went to "college" but was in the klink for 3yrs

My pop gave me his '22

You a mafia breh :ohhh:

Daps
Its not fair but its not surprising either. Like expecting relatives who always got they hand out to actually pitch in when the time comes u need some change.

That mother has already designated their role. Had she been willing to return the favor, she would have likely never put that on them like that to begin with. :francis:
And it was for stuff like socializing. She wanted to have a life, but won’t help her daughter.

Daps
And it was for stuff like socializing. She wanted to have a life, but won’t help her daughter.
Yeah. Sounds pretty on brand for that kinda parenting unfortunately.

All thats left is for one or both those younger kids to be boys and the spoiled apples of mama's eye and whole cliche dysfunctional cypher will be complete.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I wish my mom would say she can’t babysit her grandkids, I babysat her bad ass kids. But my parents and in laws always want to watch them.