Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
3uSYsZc.gif

ReasonableMatic

Daps
#1 - A paying customer who shares with a friend.

Vs

#2 - A paying customer who pays too much and can no longer share with a friend.

Vs

#3 - An ex-customer who no longer pays for your platform and now pirates it with his friend.

Netflix scrapped #1 for #2 and got #3
sjdxse0rfs141.gif

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Netflix like most companies start off small and offering a compelling value proposition to consumers. Then the investor money starts to flow, and they become forced to chase the mythical goal of infinite growth. The company then blows up into something no longer offering a compelling value proposition to consumers.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Piracy is a availability and service issue. These streaming services had reasonable prices and sufficient content, while being available with very little effort. Then they started jacking up the price and limiting content, so what the fukk do they think people are going to do?
It's also an economy issue.

If all prices of everything stayed the same, but median household income was $95k, piracy would evaporate

Lots of people don't mind paying for things if they have money

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People should use free services like Kanopy. I would cancel Netflix but my mom and sister use it.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
They shouldn’t have got rid of shared accounts. That’s where it got to the point people are like “time to find that show on the internet”.
Exactly. They maybe could get away with price hikes if sharing was still an option.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
piracy is as easy as downloading Netflix on your phone these days. since you not a brokeboy, i hope you pay for all the streaming services and have satellite for now fukkin reason :pacspit:
I only pay for YouTube

I don’t watch tv like that.

:umad:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
People should use free services like Kanopy. I would cancel Netflix but my mom and sister use it.
Low key I think that is the reason it’s working. For every person in a household who is like “let me go find this show” there is a someone else in that house who just wants to watch it so families continue to pay.

Over time I think this changes as pirates start to create better streaming options, but ease of use is why the apps survived the bullshyt they did.

Daps
I use the RD account thru Kodi, what is Streamio? Is it an app similar to Kodi? Just a video streaming app I can use the RD account in directly?
Yup exactly like Kodi breh. Never tested Kodi myself but it seems that if you are not using Real Debrid you can still find somme free movies on Stremio when you have less chance of finding that on Kodi.