Nets Still Plan To Build Around Mikal Bridges

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Mikal Bridges averaged 26.1 points per game with the Brooklyn Nets last season following his trade from the Phoenix Suns. Over the first 34 games of his first full season with the Nets, Bridges' scoring has dropped to 20.9 while his True Shooting Percentage also fell from .607 to .568.

Bridges is clearly one of the NBA's best two-way wings, but he most likely will not be the primary scorer on a true contender. Despite a recalibration of his role, the Nets continue to see Bridges as a player to build around.

"I believe Brooklyn’s intent remains to build and add talent around Mikal Bridges," wrote Adrian Wojnarowski on Wednesday.

Last February, the Nets were reportedly offered four future first round picks in exchange for Bridges.

Man, trade that nikka…

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
OKC should play out the season with their MVP candidate, potential ROY & potential COY. See how their team performs under high pressure in April before they swap out multiple picks for decent to good contributors

OKC has more picks than they can manage over the next few yrs and they'll eventually be dumping them for Pennies on the dollar

They need Bridges to be a 2015 Iggy...guy that can score 15, handle a lil, and most importantly defend

Bridges, Shai, and Jalin Williams would be a nightmare trio for any wing in the League on both sides of the court

Daps
Dort ain't Bridges breh

Bridges shooting at his leisure in a Brooklyn uniform wouldn’t be the role he plays on OKC.

He would have to revert back to his Phoenix days to gel with OKC’s hierarchy which has already been established. He’s an overrated defender that gets bullied by wings with size…Seen it before. Might as well go with what they have in Dort

Bridges isn’t the move that makes it real

Daps
It's a conundrum...... Bridges defense is gonna take a hit if he has to be relied upon as a #1 option offensively.

His best fit is how he was used in Phoenix, a guy who can contribute offensively and lock up the opposing team's best wing

I’m racking my brain to recall Bridges ever “locking anyone up” Bron, Middleton, Luka, BI & PG pretty much did what they wanted against him

lol

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Bridges shooting at his leisure in a Brooklyn uniform wouldn’t be the role he plays on OKC.

He would have to revert back to his Phoenix days to gel with OKC’s hierarchy which has already been established. He’s an overrated defender that gets bullied by wings with size…Seen it before. Might as well go with what they have in Dort

Bridges isn’t the move that makes it real
even if it wasn't, they have 13 firsts. If all it cost them was their backup PG, expiring deals and 2 of those 1's, it's something worth investigating, right?

Daps
even if it wasn't, they have 13 firsts. If all it cost them was their backup PG, expiring deals and 2 of those 1's, it's something worth investigating, right?

I hear you but I’m just against wasting equity on bullshyt.

The daniels kid? Herb Jones? Aaron Gordon? Philly Thybulle? Sure

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Brooklyn low key is a horrible team to watch. Can’t stop a nosebleed and their offense looks like shyt without a clear #1 option. Hell they don’t even have a #2.(Bridges is the third best player on a contender) Vaughn dumb ass still won’t trust Cam Thomas. Blow that bullshyt team up. They got twenty million redundant wing players