AceAge

Pro
Daps
What's up coli fam, I just moved to New Jersey in east ironbound, and I'll be working in midtown Manhattan. I'm 27 and travel a lot for work so I'll be going to CT, PA, DC, etc, but most of my time is going to be in NJ and NY.
I'm new out here so I'm working from a blank slate trying to get into activities and meet people and trying to make associates or maybe some friends. I don't know anybody out here, or what to get into off top, so I'm trying to be social and enjoy what's out here.

I'm in a groupme with a few NJ posters on the forum, and if any of the other NJ/NY posters have suggestions for a young business-breh who just moved, can you help out? What areas to avoid(that aren't obviously run down), what areas are good for young professionals, what gyms are good, etc?
What's the move?. :feedme:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's up coli fam, I just moved to New Jersey in east ironbound, and I'll be working in midtown Manhattan. I'm 27 and travel a lot for work so I'll be going to CT, PA, DC, etc, but most of my time is going to be in NJ and NY.
I'm new out here so I'm working from a blank slate trying to get into activities and meet people and trying to make associates or maybe some friends. I don't know anybody out here, or what to get into off top, so I'm trying to be social and enjoy what's out here.

I'm in a groupme with a few NJ posters on the forum, and if any of the other NJ/NY posters have suggestions for a young business-breh who just moved, can you help out? What areas to avoid(that aren't obviously run down), what areas are good for young professionals, what gyms are good, etc?
What's the move?. :feedme:

Iron bound has a lot to do, idk what race u are but that's Portuguese / Brazilian Town, things can get a bit sketchy with the racism. Other than that it's a relatively safe area. Outside of that you got downtown Newark right there which is gentrificating quickly. Don't know how street savvy u are but just use your good judgment and you'll be fine. Other than that of course is the monster that is NYC which is where you'll probably be spending most of your time.

Either way you won't be bored for lack of options. Women wise if you have any game your going to get any type of chick you want from exotic to plain old vanilla

AceAge

Pro
Daps
Iron bound has a lot to do, idk what race u are but that's Portuguese / Brazilian Town, things can get a bit sketchy with the racism. Other than that it's a relatively safe area. Outside of that you got downtown Newark right there which is gentrificating quickly. Don't know how street savvy u are but just use your good judgment and you'll be fine. Other than that of course is the monster that is NYC which is where you'll probably be spending most of your time.

Either way you won't be bored for lack of options. Women wise if you have any game your going to get any type of chick you want from exotic to plain old vanilla
I'm street savvy enough, I'm not a suburbanite, grew up in a big city. I do see a lot of different types of women over here, but I wanted to get my bearings before I started looking at dating. I'd get a girl and she'd be the one showing me all the places to go. :pachaha: Which actually wouldn't be that bad now that I think about it. :ehh:

New York is going to take some time to learn. I still haven't made it over to Long Island.

Daps
Are you black?
Car?
Money?
Own crib?

Harlem isn’t “Black” anymore but you can meet a lot of upwardly mobile black people there at restaurants and bars. You need to get into a meet up group or get with a promoter that does upscale get togethersa, brunches and dinners. Get biz cards and network.

BKN is a journey to get to but that’s the most popping area in the tristate. Tons of women of all races and bars, clubs events galore. My advice is to rent an Airbnb for the weekend out there maybe with a wingman and just network especially if you can connect with college friends or coworkers.

North jersey is cool af if you have money and a car. Dymes all over but hard to meet them if you not used to approaching in public. Malls bars and restaurants galore. Hoboken JC edgewater weehawken has tons of those Instagram models types at the bars.

If you looking for Dominicans head to the heights and Bronx.

You in the iron bound with Brazilians and Portuguese, they will fukk with you if you have paper and a crib. Most of them stick with their own so you gotta be the fly guy to pull one.

Central Nj has bad bytches but is even more suburban than NNJ.

No need to ever go to south Nj.

No need to ever go to LI or Staten Island.

AceAge

Pro
Daps
Are you black?
Yes.
2017 Coupe.

~90k/year.

Own crib?
1 bedroom Apartment in east Jersey.

Harlem isn’t “Black” anymore but you can meet a lot of upwardly mobile black people there at restaurants and bars. You need to get into a meet up group or get with a promoter that does upscale get togethersa, brunches and dinners. Get biz cards and network.
I'm on Yelp and am supposed to go to a meetup next week, I heard Harlem was gentrified just like BK.

BKN is a journey to get to but that’s the most popping area in the tristate. Tons of women of all races and bars, clubs events galore. My advice is to rent an Airbnb for the weekend out there maybe with a wingman and just network especially if you can connect with college friends or coworkers.
that's where a few of my coworkers live. But for $2.5kmonth for a one bedroom, I'll take the train and chill over there when something's going down. I'm going to have to get into things over there, everybody raves about it.

North jersey is cool af if you have money and a car. Dymes all over but hard to meet them if you not used to approaching in public. Malls bars and restaurants galore. Hoboken JC edgewater weehawken has tons of those Instagram models types at the bars.
I can tell Hoboken is preppy just by the people that get on the PATH in the morning. That's the stop when all the good looking people get on the train in the morning and get off in the afternoon. :dead:

If you looking for Dominicans head to the heights and Bronx.
I was originally going to live in the Bronx, but couldn't find a nice building for under $3k a month. So many Dominicans. :wow: Bronx was kind of dirty though.

You in the iron bound with Brazilians and Portuguese, they will fukk with you if you have paper and a crib. Most of them stick with their own so you gotta be the fly guy to pull one.
I got money, a cool car, good physique and a nice apartment. Mouthpiece is :flabbynsick: though.

Central Nj has bad bytches but is even more suburban than NNJ.
what area you talking?

No need to ever go to south Nj.
Where's that? By the airport?

No need to ever go to LI or Staten Island.
They trash? :patrice:

Daps
Yes.

2017 Coupe.

~90k/year.

1 bedroom Apartment in east Jersey.

I'm on Yelp and am supposed to go to a meetup next week, I heard Harlem was gentrified just like BK.

that's where a few of my coworkers live. But for $2.5kmonth for a one bedroom, I'll take the train and chill over there when something's going down. I'm going to have to get into things over there, everybody raves about it.

I can tell Hoboken is preppy just by the people that get on the PATH in the morning. That's the stop when all the good looking people get on the train in the morning and get off in the afternoon. :dead:

I was originally going to live in the Bronx, but couldn't find a nice building for under $3k a month. So many Dominicans. :wow: Bronx was kind of dirty though.

I got money, a cool car, good physique and a nice apartment. Mouthpiece is :flabbynsick: though.

what area you talking?

Where's that? By the airport?

They trash? :patrice:

South Jersey is past exit 7a on the turnpike and ain’t shyt down there but Italians, the beaches, red necks and Atlantic City. If you want to go ride dirt bikes or some outdoor shyt that’s the spot.

Central NJ is anything in the Rutgers New Brunswick/Princeton area.