AceAge

Pro
Daps
South Jersey is past exit 7a on the turnpike and ain’t shyt down there but Italians, the beaches, red necks and Atlantic City. If you want to go ride dirt bikes or some outdoor shyt that’s the spot.

Central NJ is anything in the Rutgers New Brunswick/Princeton area.
I need no redneck activity in my life. :heh:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
better stay outta Newark, lady got murdered last night for her Kia

her nephew was in the car

If he stays downtown and Ironbound near the PATH, he'll be fine.

As long as he stays north of Market St, he'll be fine.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
What's up coli fam, I just moved to New Jersey in east ironbound, and I'll be working in midtown Manhattan. I'm 27 and travel a lot for work so I'll be going to CT, PA, DC, etc, but most of my time is going to be in NJ and NY.
I'm new out here so I'm working from a blank slate trying to get into activities and meet people and trying to make associates or maybe some friends. I don't know anybody out here, or what to get into off top, so I'm trying to be social and enjoy what's out here.

I'm in a groupme with a few NJ posters on the forum, and if any of the other NJ/NY posters have suggestions for a young business-breh who just moved, can you help out? What areas to avoid(that aren't obviously run down), what areas are good for young professionals, what gyms are good, etc?
What's the move?. :feedme:

I would say the areas to avoid are mostly in the city you are in now which is Newark. NYC hoods are dead these days so you can be chill and enjoy your time anywhere in NYC just as long as you dont find problems.

As far as gym goes, it all depends on your budget. The best gyms are more expensive, and then you got the cheap ones like Retro, Planet and Crunch.

Also as a black young professional you should def spend time in areas like Harlem in Manhattan or pretty much any spot in Brooklyn except for Brownsville/East NY.

Also I like going to eat on the weekends and I would say explore all the ethic communities in Jersey and the other 4 boroughs (Aside from Manhattan) from some good well priced ethnic food.

NYC and Northern Jersey are extremely diverse and active so you'll never be bored and always have something to do.

AceAge

Pro
Daps
I would say the areas to avoid are mostly in the city you are in now which is Newark. NYC hoods are dead these days so you can be chill and enjoy your time anywhere in NYC just as long as you dont find problems.

As far as gym goes, it all depends on your budget. The best gyms are more expensive, and then you got the cheap ones like Retro, Planet and Crunch.

Also as a black young professional you should def spend time in areas like Harlem in Manhattan or pretty much any spot in Brooklyn except for Brownsville/East NY.

Also I like going to eat on the weekends and I would say explore all the ethic communities in Jersey and the other 4 boroughs (Aside from Manhattan) from some good well priced ethnic food.

NYC and Northern Jersey are extremely diverse and active so you'll never be bored and always have something to do.
Good stuff breh, thanks. If anybody drops in with specific places I can hit the spot up and post pics and reviews.:leon: I don't mind rolling solo, so no doubt I'll bump into some people while I'm out here.

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
What's up coli fam, I just moved to New Jersey in east ironbound, and I'll be working in midtown Manhattan. I'm 27 and travel a lot for work so I'll be going to CT, PA, DC, etc, but most of my time is going to be in NJ and NY.
I'm new out here so I'm working from a blank slate trying to get into activities and meet people and trying to make associates or maybe some friends. I don't know anybody out here, or what to get into off top, so I'm trying to be social and enjoy what's out here.

I'm in a groupme with a few NJ posters on the forum, and if any of the other NJ/NY posters have suggestions for a young business-breh who just moved, can you help out? What areas to avoid(that aren't obviously run down), what areas are good for young professionals, what gyms are good, etc?
What's the move?. :feedme:

Bases on the bolded I'll just say don't be food.

On the real though, the PATH train is your friend. Take advantage of the fact that it runs 24/7 if you hit up the city on weekends.

AceAge

Pro
Daps
Market St is fukkery central. :snoop:

And also do NOT go anywhere near Clinton Avenue too breh. :snoop:
I took one loop around downtown Newark and that was all I needed to see. :camby:

Bases on the bolded I'll just say don't be food.

On the real though, the PATH train is your friend. Take advantage of the fact that it runs 24/7 if you hit up the city on weekends.
I brought my pistols but I've kept them in the apartment so far, but I keep a switchblade on me on the daily. I got a good eye for trouble and don't even get in position to be food. The PATH is cheap and takes me right to the city, I like it so far. Penn Station is a dump though.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I brought my pistols but I've kept them in the apartment so far, but I keep a switchblade on me on the daily. I got a good eye for trouble and don't even get in position to be food. The PATH is cheap and takes me right to the city, I like it so far. Penn Station is a dump though.

DO NOT CARRY A SWITCHBLADE. EVER. Cops tried to give me weapon possession for a home depot box cutter, that i actually used for work, that they found in my car. Judge dropped the charge but a switchblade wont get dropped.

cafe nuñez on 35th btwn 8th and 7th has good happy hour and mad dominicans. whole vibe is dope.