Remember when Alex Da Kid tried tanking Nicki’s first single?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

:gucci::gucci: What the fukk was this??? Sean Garrett was also a co-producer on this, but the song was so bad and underperformed so terribly that it had him like “:whoa:it wasn’t just me, I did all I could:damn::laff: The beat was all over the place and Nicki tried her hardest to make something of it. The video was really the only redeeming quality of it, as you can tell they obviously had a big budget behind it. 106 & Park tried to aid in helping the song as well, but people couldn’t even fake interest in that song. Little did we know, this song would kick off a wave of Alex Da Kid stinkers of varying degrees of success, mostly for Eminem (“I Need A Doctor” :scusthov:). Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you feel about her music), she was able to have a complete turnaround after this. I hadn’t listened to this song in ages, and hearing it again from start to finish teleported me back to 2010 and I’m glad there aren’t real time machines. Alex Da Kid :camby::camby:and take Rick Rubin with you :pacspit:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Rick's work for Eminem may be garbage and "99 Problems" is overrated, but Rick Rubin is a legendary Hip Hop producer.

Alex Da Kid has contributed nothing, but "Airplanes" pt. 1 and 2 were dope and that's probably the only songs he produced that I like.

He’s a legendary producer, but as far as hip hop goes, he’s been garbage for 20 years.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I think the beat isn't that bad, they just didn't turn it into a good song.

I think Busta could do something cool with it.

Also Breezy could have pulled something off.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Didn't Hall Berry dump this dude and leave him stranded in tahiti or something a few year's ago :mjlol:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He’s a legendary producer, but as far as hip hop goes, he’s been garbage for 20 years.
he has been living off old accomplishments in a way that only a white man can... that privilege

I don't see no nikkaz pulling out Easy Mo Bee from obscurity and having him sitting in a studio on a yoga mat sage burning. or passed out on your couch while you recording. :skip:

the fukk is Rick at this point a mascot? let me find out Jay was paying him consultation fees for magna carta.
jay-z-rubin.jpg

As fas as Alex da kid him on a song, Skyler Grey on the hook and Eminem rapping is probably the holy trinity of garbage hip hop. How dude had a whole run as a very obvious pop producer in the rap arena is beyond me.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see no nikkaz pulling out Easy Mo Bee from obscurity and having him sitting in a studio on a yoga mat sage burning. or passed out on your couch

Not a good comparison at all. Rick Rubin was very instrumental in the early days at Def Jam and produced some iconic Hip Hop albums. He doesn't ride off on white privilege, he actually did contribute to the culture. Its crazy to me that The Booth stans Alchemist (who is dope), but he doesn't have a Radio or Raisin Hell to his credit and is consistently put in Top 10 lists and some even put him there over Havoc.