Remember when Alex Da Kid tried tanking Nicki’s first single?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he was there 2 make beats because Jay had an allstar list of producers wish listed for his "retirement" album

he couldn't make anything hot for jay so they sold him an over a decade old vaulted song with a hook from Ice T.

you not helping your case... any other producer would have been dismissed. 9th had to make a beat from scratch so did Quik. Rick couldn't make anything and they were in the studio for days. :laff:

Breh, just stop. Every beat on The Black Album was not made on the spot and you know that or at least I hope you do, but you clearly have no idea what privilege is.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Breh, just stop. Every beat on The Black Album was not made on the spot and you know that or at least I hope you do, but you clearly have no idea what privilege is.
Never said every beat was made on the spot you acting slow again to miss the point on purpose :usure:

Privilege is... being bad at your job and still being held in high regard and even given more opportunities :pachaha:

keep trying breh. the truth is too strong you not gonna phase me just cuz you don't wanna hear it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never said every beat was made on the spot you acting slow again to miss the point on purpose :usure:

Privilege is... being bad at your job and still being held in high regard and even given more opportunities :pachaha:

keep trying breh. the truth is too strong you not gonna phase me just cuz you don't wanna hear it.

You implied that the other producers on TBA had to make beats on the spot.

No, privilege has nothing to do with being good or bad at anything. Privilege is when someone isn't proven or has nothing substantial to show, but is given opportunities based on everything, but their work.

Rick Rubin has a proven track record. He's also good with Jay Z, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS IN THE MCHG SESSION TO BEGIN WITH. Yet, you can't grasp that fact, because you're stuck on how come Jay Z ain't get another 80's producer. Maybe he doesn't have that kind of relationship with other 80's producers.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
I always wondered how this song got greenlighted to be a single. The beat sounds like a prank beat. While I was watching the video I thought hella cameras and Ashton Kutcher was gonna run out at any moment

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I agree with damn near everything you said, but Radio, Raising Hell, and Licensed to Ill are all classics. He's not the only one who deserves credit for those albums being good (Radio had LL's charisma and Run-D.M.C. was reaching their peak with or without Rick), but that hard sound was definitely important in making hip hop stand out at the time.

The only problem is, he never evolved past that and he's still trying to recreate 1986 with everything he makes. :mjlol:
He fukked up Linkin Park too. They had their own thing going and he had them sounding like a fake ass U2 on Minutes to Midnight

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always wondered how this song got greenlighted to be a single. The beat sounds like a prank beat. While I was watching the video I thought hella cameras and Ashton Kutcher was gonna run out at any moment

To this day I rate the fucc out of Lusaka for riding that shattered ass beat pause :laff:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
yeah she almost didnt recover from this single....lmfaooo......shyt was TURRIBLE. alot of people thought her style was forced and corny back then......she improved alot after this. that young money era is prolly the WOAT. the 2nd half of the 2010s was godlike in comparison to that period.
Idk Rockys mixtape and debut, Wiz, Cudi with MOTM 2 and Indicud, Good Music and Ye, Mac Miller Faces, Odd Future, Gambino, TDE, Nipsey and YG.. was the first half of the 10s that bad?