Remember when Alex Da Kid tried tanking Nicki’s first single?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
perfect comparison. i don't see anyone pulling out any irrelevant 80's Black producers and throwing them in the studio like mascots talking about them being iconic legends when they ain't made a hot beat since 88

that privilege is real. I stan Alchemist and I've said myself I can't stamp him as having a classic album on the level of any certified hip hop classics. For example Alfredo is dope but it isn't constructed in the same way Gibbs and Madlib do albums or with the same level of detail. Alc gets people to exhibit a free stream of consciousness and his songs come off like freestyles for the last decade. he is not constructing a song with a verse and a hook to etc etc, just knocking out beats.

As far as radio and raising hell etc. I don't rate them that high breh sorry. All of Rubins hip hop shyt sounded the same. For a man who moved on mentally from the genre eons ago he is held in a high regard compared to many Black legendary producers who did it much longer and better. But production is a position in music where your recent work counts and matters, your ability to turn out dope music. Rubin struggled he couldn't even get beats for Jay during the Black album he had to sell him unreleased vaulted shyt... 99 problems a song intended for ice T that was probably 10 years old at the time.

Y'all can juelz for that man if ya want out of nostalgia or whatever but he is mos def the most overhyped fixture in the culture. If Rubin is a legend then nikkaz like Easy Mo, Bomb Squad etc are gods. Pay them to do yoga in studios and not produce one record as well. fukk that... let's pretend they would get the same hype from the media... dat privilege:pachaha:

I don’t think people have looked at his production list or something. Rick Rubin is equivalent to an NFL player that wins a ring early on and barely sniffs the playoffs for the rest of his career. The guy flat out stinks and he’s living off of what he did in the 80s. It’s almost TWENTY TWENTY ONE :laff:

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
yeah she almost didnt recover from this single....lmfaooo......shyt was TURRIBLE. alot of people thought her style was forced and corny back then......she improved alot after this. that young money era is prolly the WOAT. the 2nd half of the 2010s was godlike in comparison to that period.

Nicki has had more bad ideas than good if we're honest. Without Super Bass she wouldn't be here today. Y'all ever heard "Roman Holiday" ? She's a weirdo with a nice fake body

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
You must be in love you always in her threads .

This is actually a thread *I* made you dumbass stan. Always thought this song was raggedy and shouldn’t have been one of her main singles. I see this was a bat signal for you though.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
This is actually a thread *I* made you dumbass stan. Always thought this song was raggedy and shouldn’t have been one of her main singles. I see this was a bat signal for you though.
I think you a fakkit for always being in her ass .

You upped the thread for what ?

New Info what reason .

You really a dude that tucks his dikk fukking werido .

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Alex da kid is a blast from the trash.

Woat production era and nothing comes close. My ears need reparations for the trauma.