Shay Sharpe: "My Katt Williams interview check is more money than I made in any NFL season"

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since the video aired, a lot of negative energy has been directed towards him. Said it started when he topped some industry list, and went into overdrive when the Katt interview did what it did.

Think he should ignore it, but you can tell it hurts him because he sees its coming from a place of jealousy. When he doesn't have exclusive rights to any guest or topic.

Jealousy is hard for a rational person to accept.
I’m trying to figure out why it’s so hard for him to deal with that. If anything you would think he was used to the outright jealousy having been an NFL player coming from the humblest of beginnings, a Hall of Famer at that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I’m trying to figure out why it’s so hard for him to deal with that. If anything you would think he was used to the outright jealousy having been an NFL player coming from the humblest of beginnings, a Hall of Famer at that.
He's repeatedly said that it was all LOVE when he was debating and washing Skip Bayless on Undisputed, and always keeping it 100 about sports and related social issues. He got nothing but love from other entertainers and podcasters..

Unc & Ocho's rapid rise and Katt interview doing what it did.....turned that love into criticism/envy from some of the same people. That's what is hard for him to accept, I guess.

Coming into the league, he was a low pick who turned himself into an alltime great. Worked and earned everything he accomplished. The top picks deal with jealousy from day 1 from other guys, not guys who came into the league like Shannon. As far as jealousy from dudes from his high school,etc...he was no longer in that environment to hear or care about that.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's repeatedly said that it was all LOVE when he was debating and washing Skip Bayless on Undisputed, and always keeping it 100 about sports and related social issues. He got nothing but love from other entertainers and podcasters..

Unc & Ocho's rapid rise and Katt interview doing what it did.....turned that love into criticism/envy from some of the same people. That's what is hard for him to accept, I guess.

Coming into the league, he was a low pick who turned himself into an alltime great. Worked and earned everything he accomplished. The top picks deal with jealousy from day 1 from other guys, not guys who came into the league like Shannon. As far as jealousy from dudes from his high school,etc...he was no longer in that environment to hear or care about that.
I hear ya. But a damn near 60 year old man, who has been some version of successful his entire adult life, being surprised or complaining about jealousy is wild to me.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Damn the switch up on Shannon been crazy. I remember when everybody loved dude.

Now people hate this man for some reason.
His platform is a lot bigger now. Initially Shannon was primarily in the sports world, and his viewers were mostly fans from his NFL career or his analyst work. Now he’s transitioning into more mainstream entertainment, and a lot of those people don’t have that same connection so they’re inherently going to be more negative than his original fan base was. I could pretty much guarantee you that a large percentage of the people that watched that Katt Williams interview had no idea who Shannon Sharpe was before they clicked that video.

Last edited:

rlg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had the main interview plus the clips which also has millions of views also. He will probably make another 5 million more this year off all those videos alone.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Why nikkas saying he 🧢??? Are u nikkas his personal financial advisors? Accountants???
I'm chuckling cause these same people in here have accepted far more egregious duck tales with nary a word from all kinds of scammers, rappers, and prosperity hustlers

Also everyone on the coli is suddenly gonna become a YouTube monetization guru

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
His platform is a lot bigger now. Initially Shannon was primarily in the sports world, and his viewers were mostly fans from his NFL career or his analyst work. Now he’s transitioning into more mainstream entertainment, and a lot of those people don’t have that same connection so they’re inherently going to be more negative than his original fan base was. I could pretty much guarantee you that a large percentage of the people that watched that Katt Williams interview had no idea who Shannon Sharpe was before they clicked that video.
Not only that but there is a whole "reaction industry". Everyone with a mic and a camera has to jump on every hot story and try to leech views for themselves. Every youtuber and podcaster will use the Shannon/Katt thumbnail and add their face in the corner and give their half ass take.

Then you have washed up comedians who weren't even mentioned in the interview try to get in on the drama as well.

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
Dude is very sensitive. He has to make a video addressing the haters every week plus have a talk with his sister to deal with it. From what I saw the last thing with him getting out the SUV was just jokes. I wouldn't say those comedians\influencer were haters. Maybe a little lame but what can you do

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since the video aired, a lot of negative energy has been directed towards him. Said it started when he topped some industry list, and went into overdrive when the Katt interview did what it did.

Think he should ignore it, but you can tell it hurts him because he sees its coming from a place of jealousy. When he doesn't have exclusive rights to any guest or topic.

Jealousy is hard for a rational person to accept.

He's hurt from a community perspective (disappointed by the black community)
As far as individuals, I'm sure he doesn't care...haters are going to hate
But when it's a group of your people, its sad