Shay Sharpe: "My Katt Williams interview check is more money than I made in any NFL season"

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Why nikkas saying he 🧢??? Are u nikkas his personal financial advisors? Accountants???
Because we know YouTube doesn't pay that much. Now if sponsors pay him for views, maybe.
I'm chuckling cause these same people in here have accepted far more egregious duck tales with nary a word from all kinds of scammers, rappers, and prosperity hustlers

Also everyone on the coli is suddenly gonna become a YouTube monetization guru
Not everyone.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He didn't even see a million dollars from that interview. If you look up how much YouTube pays for a video with several million views...it's not nearly as much as you'd think.

I don't know why he'd even say some nonsense like that.
Pretty sure he isn't referring to the actual revenue from the video specifically..

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Since the video aired, a lot of negative energy has been directed towards him. Said it started when he topped some industry list, and went into overdrive when the Katt interview did what it did.

Think he should ignore it, but you can tell it hurts him because he sees its coming from a place of jealousy. When he doesn't have exclusive rights to any guest or topic.

Jealousy is hard for a rational person to accept.
yea he needs to take the high road
the crabs will always stay in a bucket...just a part of being succcessful

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
The “hate” comes with the territory. It’s really not a big deal and him running around like it’s a conspiracy against him is wild.

Everybody get trolled and jokes made about them if they are in the public eye. nikkas been trolling Skip and Stephen A for years. nikka YOU just have to be swole and sassy so nikkas gne clown u about that. People troll Taylor Swift and she is bland as a superstar can get.

Him being in his feelings all the time is a bad look.

It's easy to say all this when it's not you taking the hate.

Ever since I joined the Ringer, I started receiving outlandish levels of hate. I get a lot of love too but it's really not a normal feeling to have people that don't even know you spewing vitriol for no reason.

It's hard to just shrug it off like it's normal because it's not. People are really cruel and you start to develop some sympathy for celebrities after you experience it.

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
He didn't even see a million dollars from that interview. If you look up how much YouTube pays for a video with several million views...it's not nearly as much as you'd think.

I don't know why he'd even say some nonsense like that.
You’re thinking about the payout for a video that’s probably like 5 min. You gotta realize this interview is almost 3 hours and has 61 million views. It’s a way different pay out than average because of the length of the video.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
You’re thinking about the payout for a video that’s probably like 5 min. You gotta realize this interview is almost 3 hours and has 61 million views. It’s a way different pay out than average because of the length of the video.
Content also matters when comparing it too, Shannon shyt has a clean image so probably gets the better ads. I believe him when he said he made over 5M off it :yeshrug:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure he isn't referring to the actual revenue from the video specifically..
He obviously isn’t. But when we talk about jealous losers hating on people, Shannon is talking about other celeb types, but there’s even more jealous haters on this site so of course this is their response.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
It's easy to say all this when it's not you taking the hate.

Ever since I joined the Ringer, I started receiving outlandish levels of hate. I get a lot of love too but t's really not a normal feeling to have people that don't even know you spewing vitriol for no reason.

It's hard to just shrug it off like it's normal because it's not. People are really cruel and you start to develop some sympathy for celebrities after you experience it.

I get it but it literally comes with success tho, not saying it ain’t fukked up but you don’t have internet memes and comedians talking about regular people. Yea it easy for me to say this but it comes with the territory. You can’t have one without the other so him complaining and shyt likes it’s special to him is crazy.

He was getting talked about before Shay Shay when he walked with that poodle in the airport. It’s many big fruity nikkas with dogs but he getting a lot of flack because he famous.

I’m pretty sure most of us would swap ridicule with him if it came with the same money and success. You can’t have success without hate. Shidd even the library guy on Twitter got hate and he seem like he wouldn’t harm a fly.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Imma take unc at his word those 90s nfl checks werent all glamorous

Right

He played in an older NFL which didnt have the influx of TV money, partnerships and etc

He even mentioned that his first NFL contract was 63K with a 25K signing bonus lol

So him saying his peak NFL aint crazy at all......that aint no 40M plus NFL qb contract money he was talking

Last edited: