Spike Lee's Bad 25 Documentary Tonight (MJ most under-rated Classic)....

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Also just to add, Whitney's debut album came out in 1985, and her follow up in 1987 (same year as Bad), and both albums outsold Bad. Whitney was a SUPERSTAR...probably the biggest artist of the 80s besides Michael Jackson.

Whitney's first album sold 25 million worldwide

Her second album sold 25 million worldwide

Bad sold 45 Million Worldwide

Your math is off, breh.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Whitney's first album sold 25 million worldwide

Her second album sold 25 million worldwide

Bad sold 45 Million Worldwide

Your math is off, breh.

I'm talking domestically bruh. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not!

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking domestically bruh. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not!

Well. I'm going by Worldwide Sales.

I'ts a damn shame that people don't see the bigger picture!!!!

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I'm going by Worldwide Sales.

Well if you look at my original quote, I quoted someone who posted Whitney's domestic sales and I piggybacked off that. I'm not over here trying to compare MJ to Whitney. Whitney was a great artist, but MJ is the GOAT. The whole reason I even made the statement that I did is because someone didn't understand how Whitney sold so many records, and I basically wanted to show them that she was kind of a big deal.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
The documentary was fire.

:sadbron: Music game ain't the same without the GOAT MJ

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Well if you look at my original quote, I quoted someone who posted Whitney's domestic sales and I piggybacked off that. I'm not over here trying to compare MJ to Whitney. Whitney was a great artist, but MJ is the GOAT. The whole reason I even made the statement that I did is because someone didn't understand how Whitney sold so many records, and I basically wanted to show them that she was kind of a big deal.

I have no qualms about that at all. They were both top artists back in the day.

I still think that Quincy should have worked on Whitney's first two albums to give her that edge in the R&B community instead of Clive making her work with all of those Pop producers(Michael Masser, Jellybean Benitez) and then have the two token R&B producers in Kashif and Narada Michael Walden preserve her credibility on black radio.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
that's not Nixon u retard, that's Ed Sullivan

:snoop:

:yeshrug: LOL. I just clicked "MJ and Presidents" and a blog had that up there. I could see how they thought it was Nixon though from the side shot but you right that's Ed Sullivan. Regardless, MJ had world leaders from the U.S. to around the world in the palm of his hands. There will probably never be an entertainer that had that much power. Also for the whole Whitney in 87 Debate. Yes the "Whitney Houston" album moved big units domestically but even then she still wasn't bigger than MJJ in that era. But the fact is yes Whitney was a Big deal. Like I said as far as sales and pop culture for Black America. It was MJJ, Prince, Whitney and Janet in the 1980's.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
c/s. and her followups are strong as well. Janet and Velvet Rope.

Yep, both of those are Classics and "All for you" was near classic so like MJ, Janet can also say she dropped 4 Classics in a row. Whitney dropped 4 in a row too if you include Bodyguard. Prince Dropped several Classics in the 80's also. Sadly what hurt Janet most was the Super Bowl ish. It shouldn't of hurt her but it did and when Justin left her hanging it really hurt her even more.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW97CWfeWdY"]Janet Jackson - Super Bowl halftime 2004 (VIDEO LIVE). - YouTube[/ame]

She had a few tracks after that but her music just wasn't the same after the Super Bowl drama. I'm still rooting for Janet to come back and drop some fire but I think she really hates the industry after the Super Bowl ish. What's funny is most fans considered that one of the greatest Super Bowl Halftimes ever, lol. Every Super Bowl Half Time, check twitter, they are still talking about Janet and Justin. During that time it was the most searched thing in Internet History. Speaking of Super Bowl. MJJ still had the GOAT half time:

Last edited by a moderator:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Can't believe nikkas are in this thread arguing about sales...:comeon:....KILL THAT shyt...

This is MICHAEL...fukkING....JACKSON...->:mj:

That smiley was made cuz of that nikka...his legacy lives on forever on this message bored...THINK about that :ohhh:

NOBODY....and I mean...NOBODY will have the legacy that Michael Jackson has right now...NOBODY!

U know sometimes I want sock somebody when they say "You know I never was into Michael Jackson's music like that.."

I look at em like :mindblown: :why: :what:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
During that time it was the most searched thing in Internet History. Speaking of Super Bowl. MJJ still had the GOAT half time:

Michael Jackson Superbowl Halftime Performance 1993 - YouTube

I felt bad for the players that Super Bowl...Even if they were winning or losing...they had to hear from the locker room MJ performing his ass off on the field...

I bet they were thinking "Damn, I missing something big right now :to:..C'mon Coach let us at least take a peak :sadbron:"