Superior Spider-man is the Best Ish Ever

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Which was written by Slott, who's been working immensely hard to get Peter outta that hole ever since he got full writing reigns. But before that the status quo all around was Peter taking L's in every department of his life.

Pretty much this. Peter took so many L's it was kinda hard to feel bad for him. Slott took over and gave him some W'S ASAP.Slott saved the spider-man series.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Still Slott made Parker seem soft, an empty man that doesn't really resonate with any readers. I like JMS's run (all of it from Morlun to Sin's Past to Back in Black). He made Parker seem like a good dude who was trying rather than Slott who makes Parker seem like those white boys we all know who are mentally weaker than Greg Oden's ACL.

I'm conflicted about JMS' run because it was very hit & miss. Stuff like Sins Past was just straight garbage, but then you'd get stuff like Back In Black which was classic. I don't even blame him for One More Day like so many people do, that was all Quesada.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I haven't read Superior Spider-Man. I haven't read a single Spider-Man issue since One More Day and never will. But I agree that Peter Parker has been turned into a neutered bytch that simply wasn't respectable to the reader by J. Michael Straczinski and Joe Quesada.

He was always a character that took a lot of suffering and L's because he was such a good guy and always did the right thing. But there was heroic honor in that and the reader respected it.

But Straczinski turned him into bytch ass chump that could no longer respected starting with Sins Past. Turns out never smashed Gwen Stacy even though he still to that day is more sprung over her corpse than he is his own supermodel wife, but she let Norman Osborn smash raw and seed her up with twins and he's still holding her hand and simping. Then Osborn killed her in front of him and raised the twins thinking Peter was the father and they tried to kill him. :snoop: How can the reader respect this hero after that? He basically has a p*ssy at this point.

Then he let Tony Stark hoe him into unmasking himself in public, which led to Aunt May getting shot by the Kingpin. He says he's going to kill the Kingpin, but when he sees him, he beats the shyt out of him but keeps him alive. Then after realizing what a naive idiot he is, he makes a deal with Mephisto to keep her alive and gives up his marriage. Mr. morals and responsibility literally makes a deal with the devil for his own self-interest.

This isn't the Peter Parker I knew and read growing up in the 80's and 90's. Straczynski made him such a fukking chump they might as well have killed him off.

If this is the way you feel about Spider-Man, then you DESERVE to be reading Superior.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm conflicted about JMS' run because it was very hit & miss. Stuff like Sins Past was just straight garbage, but then you'd get stuff like Back In Black which was classic. I don't even blame him for One More Day like so many people do, that was all Quesada.
I prefer to think of shyt like sins past as not being canon garbage shyt

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Sins Past was a good story but yeah spider-man got hoes out. The art for that series was incredible though. Y'all can dislike the turn of events but the story is still great.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sins Past was a good story but yeah spider-man got hoes out. The art for that series was incredible though. Y'all can dislike the turn of events but the story is still great.

JMS' run was one of my favorites. At least until he started being forced into editorial mandates. He's like Grant Morrison: if you leave him be and let him play in the sandbox by himself, you get 20-story art-deco sandcastles (initial Morlun arc, Digger, 9/11 issue, the MJ reunion. But as soon as you start making him play with others, he pours water everywhere and you have to send him home (everything that happened once the Avengers became a part of the book).

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
JMS' run was one of my favorites. At least until he started being forced into editorial mandates. He's like Grant Morrison: if you leave him be and let him play in the sandbox by himself, you get 20-story art-deco sandcastles (initial Morlun arc, Digger, 9/11 issue, the MJ reunion. But as soon as you start making him play with others, he pours water everywhere and you have to send him home (everything that happened once the Avengers became a part of the book).

Peter joinging the AVengers was a good thing in my mind. Been waiting for that for years. But, eh. Nothing wrong with JMS run it was a great run Slotts run has been trash until Superior.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:snoop: @ people saying Peter Parker is a wack character

He only birthed the marvel empire and was their most popular comic all cuz of his character

We are not saying Peter is a BAD character, but Peter's core personality traits are those synonymous with a wack nikka.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only if you're not reading Daredevil, Saga, Archer and Armstrong, Thief of Thieves, and Bloodshot.

I also hear really good things about Hawkeye but I'm still dragging my feet reading it because Fraction is writing it.

Also hear good things about Watson and Holmes.

I honestly feel like Hawkeye has been the best Marvel book since it's been out.

Haven't read Superior yet though.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peter joinging the AVengers was a good thing in my mind. Been waiting for that for years. But, eh. Nothing wrong with JMS run it was a great run Slotts run has been trash until Superior.

peter joining the avengers was a good thing. the way it was handled in amazing. :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I honestly feel like Hawkeye has been the best Marvel book since it's been out.

Haven't read Superior yet though.

Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man and Daredevil are Marvel's top three books right now, so you're not far off.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man and Daredevil are Marvel's top three books right now, so you're not far off.

I'd throw New Avengers up in there to form a top 4. Hickman carries over his trait of convoluted buildup there from Fantastic Four but that's such a good book. The secrecy and the Namor/T'Challa stuff alone puts it there. God of Thunder just finished up one of the best Thor stories i've read also.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't read SPider Man in years. Is this what they're doing now? I don't know whether I should pick this up or not.

Better yet, what's good out there to read? I haven't read comic books in like 10 years.

Last book I read was 100 Bullets. That shyt was :wow: