T.I. signs to Columbia- Pharrell to produce album

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He Who Wears The Crown, Has A New Home.

After closing out his contact with Atlantic early this year, T.I. is no longer a free agent. Columbia Records has announced they have partnered with T.I. and his Grand Hustle imprint.

As part of the deal, Columbia plans to release his forthcoming set, Trouble Man: He Who Wears The Crown early next year, which Pharrell will be overseeing.

“I’m honored to be partners with such a successful, passionate and creative conglomerate like Columbia Records, who respects and supports the vision of their artist and partners. Nothing but love, respect & appreciation for Doug Morris, Rob Stringer and the entire staff. Also, a special thank you to my big bruh, Sk8board P, for always believing in me and also executive producing my upcoming project.” - T.I.

“We’re very excited to welcome T.I. to the Columbia family. With his massive US success and career history, we are going to make him an even bigger superstar on a global level.” – Rob Stringer (Chairman/CEO Columbia Records”

“We’re excited to be in business with Columbia Records and it’s team of leadership. I’m now looking forward to spreading our music on a global level.” - Jason Geter, Grand Hustle

http://rapradar.com/2013/11/22/t-i-signs-to-columbia/

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget TI was featured on one of the biggest singles this year, if not the the biggest? Last two albums went gold. Its funny when No Mercy dropped people were talking about him being done, and those same people were talking about how big Rick Ross was at the time. shyt No Mercy did Rick Ross numbers. The perception of TI is down, but he still moves units.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
People forget TI was featured on one of the biggest singles this year, if not the the biggest? Last two albums went gold. Its funny when No Mercy dropped people were talking about him being done, and those same people were talking about how big Rick Ross was at the time. shyt No Mercy did Rick Ross numbers. The perception of TI is down, but he still moves units.

he was also in prison during No Mercy's campaign, i was shocked at how well it sold. dude has very loyal fans i wouldnt be surprised if he still has 2 hit albums left

from a performance standpoint, hes still a really good rapper in my mind. killed a ton of remixes after he got out, didnt like much of the Hustle Gang stuff but he sounded fine on it

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform

doing rick ross type numbers ain't a good thing breh especially when u already are a multi platinum artist when no mercy dropped not only did people think the album was trash but the numbers proved that people hardly bought that shyt.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
doing rick ross type numbers ain't a good thing breh especially when u already are a multi platinum artist when no mercy dropped not only did people think the album was trash but the numbers proved that people hardly bought that shyt.

he was in jail during the promotion of it