T.I. signs to Columbia- Pharrell to produce album

TheGumpkin

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
PASADENA CA
pharrell is :flabbynsick:. i dont want to hear shyt 100% produced by that nikka ever again....................unless hes fukkin with chad hugo again:whew: then we may have something

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
felt like 8 since he been :flabbynsick: for so long

:heh: Most people won't agree because they started getting into T.I. after Trap Muzik, but I thought T.I. started getting wack around Urban Legend and I didn't fukk with him after he dropped King. His last album was kind of refreshing because it kind of sounded like the music he made when he dropped I'm Serious.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
:heh: Most people won't agree because they started getting into T.I. after Trap Muzik, but I thought T.I. started getting wack around Urban Legend and I didn't fukk with him after he dropped King. His last album was kind of refreshing because it kind of sounded like the music he made when he dropped I'm Serious.

:what: You didn't like Urban Legend and King?

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: You didn't like Urban Legend and King?

Urban Legend had a few tracks and I really didn't fukk with King at all. I was fukking with T.I. when I'm Serious first dropped and I've seen his music steadily decline. Just wasn't my thing.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
- 3 albums
- 10-20 percent of publishing, touring, merchandise, film and TV rights
- Corporate endorsement deals
- Exclusive signing of all Grand Hustle artists

I was talking to an exec who was involved in these negotiations and according to this deal ...T.I evolves from an imprint to a full fledged indy with administrative control over his GRAND HUSTLE label along with the GRAND HUSTLE name which is also the reason he flipped it to HUSTLE GANG...till SONY came along with the BUYOUT deal giving T.I.P full anomynity...something which he didn't have with ATLANTIC ..young dro always refrenced that as the reason he never got a followup album along with the holding back of other artists like KILLER MIKE and GOVERNER and 8Ball and MJG

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
Wack albums compared to who though? I'm Serious was a debut that showed potential but missed. King was :ehh: T.I vs. T.I.P and No Mercy were :camby: The rest were bangers. He's had his low points, but overall his discography is tough. Not many other rappers stack up.

true
Im Serious- was slept on but straight Raw
Trap Muzik- southern classic
Urban Legend-had so many hits and ti ripped it lyrically
Ti Vs Tip- was kinda forced, but had a few songs on it
KING- wasnt his best, but still straight
Paper Trail- was solid
No Mercy-no comment on that album
Troubleman-had more good songs than wack songs

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
only albums I liked from dude were king & trap muzik.

I never got around to listening to "im serious". that neptunes/beanie man video he debuted with was horrific. and before that, I remember him having a bunch of struggle bars on a song with beanie siegal. i'll get around to it tho.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Turns out it wasn't a label deal...just an one-off album deal for his next album

T.I. expands a little on his new deal with Columbia, saying it is not for his Hustle Gang signees.

Recently T.I. announced a new deal with Columbia Records for his follow up to Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head. At the time we reported on it, it sounded like Columbia would also house Tip's imprint, Grand Hustle. However, in a brief chat with DJ Scream on Hoodrich Radio, the Atlanta native clarifies the status of Grand Hustle.

"Let me clarify," Tip told Scream. "Hustle Gang we still independent. We did a deal for T.I., for the next T.I. project. Not to say Hustle Gang is off the table, because you know, we felt like we had some partners at one time. But I think that since we made the move for T.I.'s project, I dunno if those partners of ours are still at the table. That's still up for discussion. But as of right now,Hustle Gang still moving independent."

The rapper also spoke a little on Pharrell being named as the executive producer of Trouble Man II. "Ever since I been home Pharrell been consistent just staying on me, and making sure that I grab a hold of all opportunities man and take full advantage of it," T.I. said of his affiliate. "Blurred Lines," the song of the year probably, that is one of the clearest results of that. That's just a taste of what's to come,'cause we got some stuff in the chamber for my project that we gunna start rolling off on y'all at the very top of the year. We very proud of the work we puttin' in."