UFC 247 On ESPN+ PPV [2/8] “Swangin’ & Bangin” (Jon Jones/Dominick Reyes, Shevchenko/Chookagian)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Katlyn “Blonde Fighter” Chookagian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That's the problem when you've been at top for so long, and have people gunning for you, and studying you everday, and why only the greats can have long title runs

Khabib only got 1 title defense and 12 fights in the UFC, Jones got more title defenses than Khabib has fights in the UFC, he been on an amazing streak, but if he ain't blowing people out the water, he losing lmao

same shyt with Erroll Spence versus Porter, since be blew out everybody else, soon as gotta get gutter in the trenches, oh he exposed, nah, the tough fights is when you see who really the great and who not, the real ones pull out the victory in end no matter what
Yeah..when Hagler had a few wars and won, there DAMN SURE WASNT ANYWHERE near the same criticism as there is for a Spence after he finally got tested yet still survived in the end and actually wanted it more than Porter.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the truly remarkable thing about Jones now is that his biggest attributes is his fight IQ and determination. Because he’s pretty mediocre especially now that he’s older/off the roids. But the way he’s able to pace himself and adjust especially in the champ rounds is amazing
I agree. Besides the first round I feel like Jones controlled the fight completely. This fight was the most cerebral I’ve seen jones. Had Reyes treated chasing him to make Reyes tire himself out and leave openings. Never being in any real danger. Beautiful match.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The first two rounds were not as dominant as people made them out to be btw. Jones was rolling with a lot of those punches which is why he was never really hurt during the fight.

On another note, I thought Jones would dominate Adesanya, but now I'm not so sure. Izzy has some of the best TDD in the division, but not so sure how he'd cope with someone who will outweigh him by 20+ lbs. On the feet though I think it's more decisive. He may be a step too quick for Jones.
Timing can defeat speed except for a prime Jones or Sugar Ray Robinson....that's just way too fast for a man to man fight.

Daps
When that 49-46 score was read, I knew Jones won simply because I knew Reyes lost the last 2 rounds. I think Reyes thought that he was up after 4 and got on his bike, especially after that little flurry at the start of the 5th.

The only round I thought Jones clearly lost was the 3rd. Gave Jones rounds 2, 4 and 5.

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
When that 49-46 score was read, I knew Jones won simply because I knew Reyes lost the last 2 rounds. I think Reyes thought that he was up after 4 and got on his bike, especially after that little flurry at the start of the 5th.

The only round I thought Jones clearly lost was the 3rd. Gave Jones rounds 2, 4 and 5.

Reyes landed way more strikes in Round 1 - thoroughly whipped Jon in R1

Round 2 and 3 were much closer - slight edge to Reyes.

Jones overwhelmingly won rounds 4 and 5.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
In twitter, they whining about 49-46...what's the truth about that score? Did Jones really lose 3 rounds?

Been a watcher of MMA since early Pride days and this was one of the most undeserved wins I've watched. Jones lost 4, at a stretch 3.5 rounds.

Jones is the champ, I think I can understand why it looks like the champ won it according to the judges.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't see how Jon has regressed like people have said. Fighting the Brandon Vera's of the world, yeah, he can do spinning backfists and all that other video game fighting move shyt. As he gets older, he's stretching out his career by fighting more methodical, thus he takes less risks in a fight. He's no longer the Michael Jordan that was high flying against Lakers in his first NBA Finals. He's the Michael Jordan that retooled his game with the mid-range fadeaway against the Utah Jazz in the Finals. Jon is still scoring his 30 a game and the result is the same but his output is different.
:wow:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's the problem when you've been at top for so long, and have people gunning for you, and studying you everday, and why only the greats can have long title runs

Khabib only got 1 title defense and 12 fights in the UFC, Jones got more title defenses than Khabib has fights in the UFC, he been on an amazing streak, but if he ain't blowing people out the water, he losing lmao

same shyt with Erroll Spence versus Porter, since be blew out everybody else, soon as gotta get gutter in the trenches, oh he exposed, nah, the tough fights is when you see who really the great and who not, the real ones pull out the victory in end no matter what
Facts

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
All I'm gonna say, I luv me sum Jon Jones ne man doin coke bangin broads n still reppin I got luv for.

But ever since usada came in and this Pico gram ish, he has not been able to take ne1 down wit da ease he use to. B4 he wld flip em, dbl leg singlenleg. He cld take ne1 down ne time he wanted. But lately he hasn't looked strong enuff to do it. His cardio still nice. He looks ripped. Technique looks good. But jus can't take em down.

I'm nt sayin nething bout roids n ish, but jus sayin the takedowns haven't been there for his last few fights like they use to.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jones has either regressed or he's not taking these dudes serious anymore because he doesn't look the same at all. Santos was fukking Jones leg up and probably would have won the fight if he didn't have that freak injury. Reyes just didn't attack his leg enough and got gassed because he's never fought that long before. If Santos gets a rematch I think he will beat Jones

Santos had double knee surgeries and Jon Jones is going to eat him up especially with him having less movement and speed. Mr.Santos was calling the fight in a Latin country and said that his legs took away the needed speed to push forward to win

I think Izzy could beat Jon Jones if he keeps distance.

We are in a new era of MMA where the top five in certain weight classes have more training and abilities with less of the liabilities of past generations. This is something that is great for the sport given its leaps in legitimacy ten years ago the top ten light heavyweights were : Lyoto, Rua, Rashad, Rampage, Anderson Silva, Gegard, Forrest Griffin, Nog, Thiago Silva, and Dan Henderson

Jon’s last KO was Gus in the last fight card of 2018

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jon has never been a super KO machine in his 28 fights 12 KOs 10 decisions and 6 Submissions (this is with counting the second DC fight as a KO and the DQ as a KO because he knocked out Matt Hamil as well)

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Octagon control/Pressure
Take downs
Significant strikes
Leg kicks - ; Why did Holloway just lose his decision?

Jones lead the way in all these categories, Bones wasn't getting hit clean and when he was it rarely seemed like a significant strike to me.

full

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
This is why the scoring system needs an overhaul.

10/10 rounds should be a thing.

10/8 should be more common.

10/7 rounds should be possible.

I even wouldn't be against removing the 10 point must system.

The days of the vast majority of rounds being scored 10/9 should have been over a long time ago.

Imo