UFC 247 On ESPN+ PPV [2/8] “Swangin’ & Bangin” (Jon Jones/Dominick Reyes, Shevchenko/Chookagian)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Katlyn “Blonde Fighter” Chookagian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you 100%!

I'm an MMA Stan to the core, but after 15 years of these cards that start at like 6:30 pm (sometimes earlier) and then end at like 2 am has worn me down. I wait and download that shyt. I rarely watch prelims anymore.

Watching that long drawn out bullshyt last night confirmed the reason I don't watch... Long ass undercards and tha main event was ass.. Boxing is still number 1 fuk that cac ass wrestling shyt

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
I agree with you 100%!

I'm an MMA Stan to the core, but after 15 years of these cards that start at like 6:30 pm (sometimes earlier) and then end at like 2 am has worn me down. I wait and download that shyt. I rarely watch prelims anymore.
I couldn't believe how long that shyt took.. Was that some ESPN shyt or are they all like that?.. I remember watching a fight a few years ago and it didn't take that long for tha main event?.. Boxing has more rounds but it's way quicker

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't believe how long that shyt took.. Was that some ESPN shyt or are they all like that?.. I remember watching a fight a few years ago and it didn't take that long for tha main event?.. Boxing has more rounds but it's way quicker
all ppvs are that long especially with 2 5 rounders on the card.

the fight night cards and the TUF cards may be a bit shorter.

main events and championship fights are always 5 rounds now.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@R=G it was a close fight that one bad scorecard though has people exaggerating like jones got lit up . Reyes has a big first round and a good second round , which I can see people giving to him however 3rd round was close I gave it to jones and 4/5 jones dominated. Third I give to jones because he took over then kept it up . Reyes never took control or put jones in trouble again after the early part of the fight
Been a watcher of MMA since early Pride days and this was one of the most undeserved wins I've watched. Jones lost 4, at a stretch 3.5 rounds.

Jones is the champ, I think I can understand why it looks like the champ won it according to the judges.
Been a watcher of MMA since early Pride days and this was one of the most undeserved wins I've watched. Jones lost 4, at a stretch 3.5 rounds.

Jones is the champ, I think I can understand why it looks like the champ won it according to the judges.
In what world did either fighter win 4 rounds ? Especially Reyes . His dominant round was 1 but by 2 he was still effective but already tiring by 3 he was clearly fading though he put up a few good moments . 4 and 5 were clearly jones rounds . The toss up round was 3 if anything .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I didn't say you were talking about age, you were comparing silva and weidman to this fight, when Silva was almost 40 when he fought Weidman so it's not a valid comparison

Jon got another 4 years before he is washed up
No. I'm stating that Jones is getting to that stage where he's got nothing left to prove as GOAT other than will he retire without getting slept/beat... which is where my sentiments were with Silva during his last run before Weidman finally closed the door on any storybook ending.

Whether Jones is 4 years from that, or 6 years, or 3 fights. Irrelevant. Point is I'd rather it not happen, and I said in that same post I didn't believe Reyes was gonna be the "Weidman"

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
@R=G it was a close fight that one bad scorecard though has people exaggerating like jones got lit up . Reyes has a big first round and a good second round , which I can see people giving to him however 3rd round was close I gave it to jones and 4/5 jones dominated. Third I give to jones because he took over then kept it up . Reyes never took control or put jones in trouble again after the early part of the fight

In what world did either fighter win 4 rounds ? Especially Reyes . His dominant round was 1 but by 2 he was still effective but already tiring by 3 he was clearly fading though he put up a few good moments . 4 and 5 were clearly jones rounds . The toss up round was 3 if anything .
Ok..because it almost seemed like the energy was that he got a gift decision and that doesnt seem possible. Cool.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok..because it almost seemed like the energy was that he got a gift decision and that doesnt seem possible. Cool.
Nah one judge had it 4-1 for jones who also had a bad score earlier in the card but it was a close fight and similar to his last few fights Jones Played it safe and didn’t do the crazy stuff . It’s weird his speed doesn’t seem to be gone but his like otherworldly reflexes that allowed him to pull the trigger on those back elbows and shyt may be fading . Or he’s just playing it safe

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rewatching the Reyes/Jones fight

That 4th where Reyes stunned him at the start and Jones managed to take him down won him the fight
Would you give 4 to Reyes off that stunning ? My boy is swearing that should of won the round I’m like what about the rest of the round

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Would you give 4 to Reyes off that stunning ? My boy is swearing that should of won the round I’m like what about the rest of the round
It was a hard round to judge cause that first min or so it was Reyes but after those takedowns it was all Jones, he actually had his best round in the 4th in Striking too. But I thought Jones did enough to come back and take the 4th.

I had it Reyes rounds 1,2,3
Jones 4,5

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had it 3-2 Reyes with Jones wining 4 and 5. Round 2 was very close imo. I barely gave that one to Reyes. I can’t be mad if someone gave it to Jones though

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
it was either a recap of Cerrone or Mike Perry’s interview with someone
:patrice: I just seen Joanna started her training camp for her champ fight there. I think fighters come and go like any other gym. I can tell you Cowboy and Perry aren’t better off because they left though. I can imagine Winklejohn being so big that several fighters may feel like they aren’t getting the attention that they deserve they need which is understandable so they leave. Or maybe their prices are high but best believe that camp is solid and still one of the best out.

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
They need to stop putting these mismatch female fights on pay per view, keep that shyt on fight night.

Apparently some triggered fakkit named 8====D decided to neg me for this comment, do you even watch these fights a$$hole? they shouldn't be made in the first place because of the disparity in abilities.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently some triggered fakkit named 8====D decided to neg me for this comment, do you even watch these fights a$$hole? they shouldn't be made in the first place because of the disparity in abilities.
Who is she supposed to fight then? I have no interest in the fights but she's a dominant champ, just let her clean out the division until somene catches up or she ages.