What advice would you give to somebody who just turned 18?

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
todays my 18th birthday. I know some people here are more seasoned, so what do you wish somebody had told you when you turned 18?

i dont wanna be preachy.

wrap it up

if you go to college, go for something that will make u money later. if you want to do music, go to school for BUSINESS. alot of jobs today will be gone tomorrow so think about the future and what type of jobs will be there 10-20-30 years from now.

2 years and community college, then transfer to university.

student loans are very REAL and WILL fukk you if your not on game. so use them wisely and pay them back ASAP. dont flex with this gov money shyt otherwise you could be $80k in debt that aint goin away. GET CERTS NOW TO FATTEN YOUR RESUME.

network now and be social with people who are upwardly mobile, not your old homies who aint doin shyt cuz they gonna either drag you down or keep you from elevatin to the next level.

be careful of these women/men. wrap it up!

you are not invincible, anyone can get touched.

wrap it up.

save money, dont flex. people are watching, especially with social media today.

wrap it up.

stay away from girls who ask you to buy them a drink or take them out unless its wifey. one night stands are ok....

...wrap it up!

i would suggest only having sex with dimes...but i know how youth be so...

...wrap it up!!!

you can run the red lights, but read the street sign

whatever you do today is gonna pave the way for your future so act accordingly.

WRAP IT UP!

stay away from fake friends. and dont play mama/daddy to your bum ass friends. helping is one thing but being the caretaker is some bytch shyt.

WRAP IT UP.

listen to old heads trying to drop jewels on you.

dont invest in anything EXCEPT yourself!

WRAP IT UP!!

enjoy the youth young man, your only young once so...

...WRAP IT UP.

:flabbynsick:

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
You got the greatest library in the whole of known human history at your fingertips. For the love of whatever God, USE THIS shyt. There was no internet when I was 18 lol

Don't expect anybody to "put you on". If somebody does, great. But don't nobody love you.

Don't hate yourself if being "smart" doesn't make you money. You're prolly smarter than 80% of rich people.

Keep in mind that when you're looking at like 100 rich and famous celebrities, that there's damn near 8 billion people in the world.

Never try to impress people with your potential.

live YOUR life. Not your family's life. Not the life of the chick you trying to get p*ssy from. Not your "future wife". Not your friends'.

Ignore cliche advice.

Time is the most valuable commodity in existence. Time>>>>>>> money, love, p*ssy, friends....

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Wrap it up!

The life you could have versus the one you claw to with a child and having to rear them, while nurturing their dreams and health is greater than the distance between earth and the sun.

Go to therapy and get yourself sorted out. All of the bravado and being a know it all as a teenager is really tested when you have to know you and your soul.

Help those who want to help themselves.

Whether you know what you want to do for the rest of your life at 18 is something you know. I knew then and know now. Hell I knew when I was 6.

But life changes and you begin to see roads that you travel don't lead to the intended result.

Don't think and do it.

Eat healthy and get in the gym.

Learn how to speak in public. Learn how to lie for career opportunities. Learn how to be an expert without being an expert.

Save your money. If you can't buy it twice you can't buy it once.

Know the difference between wants and needs. That will be the most cost saving advice I can give you.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
political science
Don’t go to college, just turned 21 and it’s the best move I’ve made so far

Damn near everyone I know who went to school is drowning in student loan debt even if they have a decent job. It’s not worth it, it’s careers you can get into in with networking and hardworking making bank

Stay in shape, no kids, stay away from weed alcohol. shyt is a waste of money when you really look at it and you can make life devastating decisions while under the influence

• Dap
Reactions: EMY

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So what's next
Higher education with a degree that can make you some money
Trade school which are ran by maga boys

• Dap

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
1. Chase money. At your age, anything else should be secondary.
2. Learn something about finance, money management/budgeting/investing no matter your career field
2. Life normally doesn't offer do overs. If you fukk up, it's your ass.
3. Don't compare your progress to anyone else. LIie is a marathon not a sprint.
4. Learn from the mistakes of others, w/o having to make the same mistake yourself.
5. Don't knock up a broad too early.
6. Have fun, enjoy yourself but be safe.

• Dap