Religion/Spirituality What Are the Benefits of Atheism?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
But if that "elsewhere" isn't atheism then your point is irrelevant. :yeshrug:

are you sure you don't believe religion=morals?

Did you just type "division is not division"? :wtf:

yeah and i expanded on what i was sayin with that too but but i guess you missed that huh. but my bad though breh you right. division is division. who should be the next president, whats the best sports team, how to get to heaven, etc... its really all the same :manny:

When did I call you an atheist? I don't like people telling other people they're going to hell either but that isn't necessarily blatant disrespect.

So first division isn't division and now charity has no benefit. Am I reading this stuff correctly?

word, its not disrespectful to try and threaten someone with eternal damnation for their personal beliefs/choices? i never said charity has no benefit but you keep namin shyts as if they're some exclusive benefit found in religion only.

Sorry, breh, but you're not making any sense. Something being a benefit of more than one thing means it ceases to be a benefit? :wtf:

No offense, but I really don't have time to respond to you if you're not gonna keep saying this off the wall stuff. :yeshrug:

is that what i been doin? :youngsabo:

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
OK, ts is either 12 years old or another Mowgli alias.

Atheism is neither a belief or an institution. I'm done.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
OK, ts is either 12 years old or another Mowgli alias.

Atheism is neither a belief or an institution. I'm done.

Everybody who questions atheism is a "Mowgli alias" :russ:

Atheism isn't a belief? What do you mean? Don't atheist believe there is no God? And something has to be a belief or institution to have a benefit?

Water is beneficial, homie, and it's neither a belief or an institution. What a dumb ass statement. :hov:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Retroactively calling them Christians is more accurate than calling them Jews. They followed Jesus, Jews didn't/don't.

They were Jews who became Christians. They called themselves Jews as the term 'Christian' didn't even exist. If anything, they were Messianic Jews.

I would look at it like going from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5, not going from an iPhone to an Android.

I don't understand this analogy.

Was that done by Christianity or by Christians? One is an ideology, one is a group of people. Have you ever heard of Hitler? I don't think Christianity taught him to do what he did.

What difference does it make? It was done by Christians inspired by Christianity. No, I've never heard of Hitler :comeon: ...What does Hitler have to do with any of this? We do know Hitler was raised in Catholicism, but I'm not sure how much religion influenced his hatred of Jewish and other non-Aryan people.

No trickery here. Murder is murder. Killing in self defense is not murder. Plotting to kill someone and then carrying out the act.

Okay, so if a person is evil, Hitler for example, is it moral to plan to kill that person and carry it out?

And word, drop them links if you got em. :myman:

Yeah, I really should be doing that, but I'm really lazy right now lol.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
The gap between the non believer and the believer has to be gapped somehow.

It's my belief that getting "in the door" is a step. Not all people make it through the door and stay. not all that stay are saved. :manny:

So those who came to christ to Hedge their bets and didn't ultimately realize that that was the wrong thing, well...:manny:

However, those that do, well that's just great.

God welcomes everyone to get to know him, even those seeking to hedge their odds at eternal salvation. it's in the cultivation of a relationship with god that you either take that LEAP of faith, or choose not to.

To be fair I understand taking that leap is a son of a biotch, particularly for people who pride themselves on their wisdom. Faith has no proof, it has experience and unless you experience your own relationship with God then it's a damn near impossible pill to swallow.

Were I presented with a different type of "belief" i'd pray to God for guidance and then go from their. If God spoke to me and changed what i believed then well, "his will be done."

The danger of this of course, and the logical question is, how do you know it's God's will. Ultimately you don't. You place faith in your belief and relationship with God.

Okay, so if I'm following you correctly you think it's okay for someone to take this approach if it ultimately leads to their belief.

I'm trying to determine which type of non-believer I am according to your dichotomy. I'd say I have an open mind, and occasionally attend church with family members, but I don't hear voices when I've prayed. I don't feel anything that could be attributed to a supernatural being. I like the music and sermons and see how they could be motivational and provide comfort ... I just don't think they relate to anything that's real. Plus there are other religions that have similar things that trigger these same emotions ... would you say the claims they make are equally valid as your beliefs?

I guess my question is this -- How does one get from talking with and having a relationship with God to that God being Christian? Does he tell you you should be a Christian?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Don't atheist believe there is no God?

In a sense, but I think a "more correct" statement is atheists don't believe god(s) exist. It's not really a belief, but a lack of belief. And with that, there are no tenets, no dogma ... no unified consensus on any other topic except the non-existence of supernatural deities.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1st of all, that's not what I'm asking at all. I simply asked if there were any benefits to atheism. You adding all kinda shyt that I never typed.

2ndly, you don't choose what you believe? :wtf:

"Why should one become an atheist? How would their life be better?"

"I just don't see the point of being an atheist"

These are your words. Stop backtracking.

You can choose whether you go around calling yourself an atheist or not. But whether you actually are one or not depends on a deeply rooted belief. For example, I can choose whether to eat pie or not. But I don't choose whether I like pie or not, that depends on my taste buds.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
They were Jews who became Christians. They called themselves Jews as the term 'Christian' didn't even exist. If anything, they were Messianic Jews.

I'm simply differentiating between those who followed Jesus and those who didn't. :yeshrug:

I don't understand this analogy.

The analogy is very straightforward. It's the situation at hand you don't understand. The analogy is a mirror image. Switching from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 means you still have iOS. Jews and Christians worshiped the same God, in this case God is represented by an OS. Introducing a new God would be like switching to a completely different OS. iPhone 4 users and iPhone 5 users all use iOS. Android users do not. In other words, the iPhone users, although they have different phones, are still devoted to Apple. Android users have something completely different.

What difference does it make? It was done by Christians inspired by Christianity. No, I've never heard of Hitler :comeon: ...What does Hitler have to do with any of this? We do know Hitler was raised in Catholicism, but I'm not sure how much religion influenced his hatred of Jewish and other non-Aryan people.

Point is, just because someone does something doesn't mean it's ordained by their particular religion. You don't see what Hitler, a Christian, killing Jews has to do with this? Obviously there was some religious undertone if he was targeting Jews, specifically. So does Christianity TEACH to kill all Jews?

Okay, so if a person is evil, Hitler for example, is it moral to plan to kill that person and carry it out?

Not every killing is a murder. Sometimes killing is carried out to administer justice or in self defense. You know what a murder is. :comeon:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
In a sense, but I think a "more correct" statement is atheists don't believe god(s) exist. It's not really a belief, but a lack of belief. And with that, there are no tenets, no dogma ... no unified consensus on any other topic except the non-existence of supernatural deities.

If you don't believe there is a god then you believe there is no god.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
"Why should one become an atheist? How would their life be better?"

"I just don't see the point of being an atheist"

These are your words. Stop backtracking.

You can choose whether you go around calling yourself an atheist or not. But whether you actually are one or not depends on a deeply rooted belief. For example, I can choose whether to eat pie or not. But I don't choose whether I like pie or not, that depends on my taste buds.

So are you saying that atheism provides no benefits to humanity? Why all this beating around the bush? Just answer the question.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So are you saying that atheism provides no benefits to humanity? Why all this beating around the bush? Just answer the question.

How many times I gotta beat it into your thick skull? THERE'S NO DECISION TO BE AN ATHEIST. I really can't put it any more simply than that. Its like you're trying to figure out the reasoning of something that doesn't need a reason. It simply is that way. What's the point in me being black or me liking ice cream? There is no point, I just am that way. Same thing goes with an atheist.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
I guess my question is this -- How does one get from talking with and having a relationship with God to that God being Christian? Does he tell you you should be a Christian?

Ultimately you come to the point of "just knowing" and not knowing what is and isn't right in your heart.

When i pray and truly ask certain questions i get answers, sometimes i don't like those answers, but that's the hardest part. Doing waht you're heart tells you vs what you want to do sometimes.

You're just a run of the mill non-believer. :manny: i'm not gonna sit here and tell you why you "don't hear voices", i can't presume to know you're relationship with god, your personal "walls" that prevent you from having that relationship. I do know that if you ask and choose to believe you will get an answer. God is there waiting.