Religion/Spirituality What Are the Benefits of Atheism?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...and that proves God exists how?

You're riding on that Bill O'Reilly nonsense wagon right now.

"Tide goes in, tide goes out, can't explain that." :usure:

...and that proves god exists, how?

No one is living with "blind faith" that they were created randomly. People who believe in the big bang don't do it on blind faith. We do it on the basis of how well it fits in with existing cosmological models. If we find something that will drastically alter its conformity, then the theory will change. Simple as that.

All you're doing is falling back on the same old medieval argument. "I don't know, therefore Jesus."

This sentence pretty much tells everyone everything they need to know about you:

Yep. pretty much falls right into the whole pidgeonholing thing. "Why question these things? We already know everything we need to know. Forever."

Who the cares if Galileo believed in God? Maybe he did. But he certainly didn't let God get in the way of discovering an objective scientific truth.

But you know what his Galileo's detractors said to him? Same shyt you're saying to me right now.

"We already know. It was already given to us. Why are you questioning this?"

Galileo would :pacspit: at you if he were alive.

"Christians seem happier to me, therefore Jesus."

:snoop:

i didnt say happier now did it. see there. you still dont get it. and i said MATURE christians. there's a difference.

and when did i say we should not explore things? i didnt. i said NOTHING is NEW under the sun.

everything we now know. was already here before we knew it.

example. we calculate the speed of light.

guess who knew what the speed of light was before human's figured it out?

space, and the speed of light knew. thats who. and thats assuming you dont believe in God at all.

there is NOTHING NEW..under the sun.

everything we find out has been here waiting for us to FIND OUT. we are playing in the sandbox full of sand that was already here before we got here. and because we say "OOO LOOKIE I FOUND SAND." am i supposed to act like we created something from scratch? we cant create anything from SCRATCH> everything we create. we are using chemicals, rules/laws that were already in place before we even tried to create whatever it is we think we're creating.

we are playing with God's legos. he dropped them on the floor for us to figure things out. thats a part of his creation.

here ya go. figure it out.

i tell people all the time. if Adam and Even never touched that apple. we would still be here. we would still have the same brains. the difference would be. we would not have stress, anxiety, etc holding back our thought process. God had adam naming animals. what does that tell you? Here, play with the legos. name them whatever you like.

science class started a long time ago. GOd isnt anti science. some people are. science. i'm talking TRUE science, ist anti GOD.

the discovery of his creations will increase ones desire to know him. the discovery of his creations will increase ones faith that already had limited faith in him.

you say "we found the God particle, God doesnt exist"

a believer says "we found your particle God, The creator does exist and now we found the match you used to start the fire."

Creator -one that creates usually by bringing something new or original into being

no human being or animal that we know of on earth has that ability.

but even science says, at some point there was nothing, and at some point there was space/the universe as we know it. now if that isnt "bringing something new or original into being" i dont know what is.

it doesnt get any newer then bringing something from nothing.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False. There are no poor, uneducated atheists? Well, I'll give you that ... most non-believers do tend to have some form of higher education.

Also, you misquoted Hunsecker. He said there is no objective way to prove God. That's key. Just earlier I was talking to Brown_Pride, and he said something akin to "If you choose to believe, and you pray, God will answer". To me, that screams you have to bias yourself to already accepting the god claim before you can accept God exists ... which is kind of circular. If you look at the existence of God objectively, and don't find good evidence for it's existence, then what reason would you have to believe? The existence of the universe isn't objective proof of God, as we know it could have come about by completely natural means (ie without supernatural guidance). I know that seems impossible to you since you've already biased your mind towards the god hypothesis, but it's not. Statistically unlikely does not equal impossible, as I think I've demonstrated with my poker example.
actually you dont have to accept God at all for God to show himself to you.
but at some point you will see him and be given a choice to accept him and follow him Or not. your choice.

here's your biblical proof of this. SAUL turning into PAUL.

Scripture References:

Acts 9:1-19; retold in Acts 22:6-21 and Acts 26:12-18.

The Conversion of Paul - Story Summary:

Saul of Tarsus, a Pharisee in Jerusalem after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, swore to wipe out the new Christian church, called The Way. He got letters from the high priest, authorizing him to arrest any followers of Jesus in the city of Damascus.

On the Damascus Road, Saul and his companions were struck down by a blinding light, brighter than the noonday sun. Saul heard a voice say to him:

"Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" (Acts 9:4, NIV)

When Saul asked who was speaking to him, the voice replied, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." (Acts 9:5-6, NIV)

The men with Saul heard the sound but did not see the vision of the risen Christ that Saul did. Saul was blinded. They led him by the hand into Damascus to a man named Judas, on Straight Street. For three days Saul was blind and did not eat or drink anything.

Meanwhile, Jesus appeared in a vision to a disciple in Damascus named Ananias and told him to go to Saul. Ananias was afraid because he knew Saul's reputation as a merciless persecutor of the church.

Jesus repeated his command, explaining that Saul was his chosen instrument to deliver the gospel to the Gentiles, their kings, and the people of Israel. So Ananias found Saul at Judas' house, praying for help. Ananias laid his hands on Saul, telling him Jesus had sent him to restore his sight and that Saul might be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Something like scales fell from Saul's eyes and he could see again. He arose and was baptized into the Christian faith. Saul ate, regained his strength, and stayed with the Damascus disciples three days.

Points of Interest From the Conversion of Paul:

• After his conversion, Saul changed his name to Paul.

• The conversion of Paul shows that Jesus himself wanted the gospel to go to the Gentiles and that it was no human being's idea. That would quash any argument from the early Jewish Christians that the gospel was only for the Jews.

• The men with Saul did not see the risen Jesus, but Saul did. This miraculous message was meant for one person only, Saul.

• Saul witnessed the risen Christ, which fulfilled the qualification for an apostle (Acts 1:21-22). Only those who had seen the risen Christ could testify to his resurrection.

• Jesus did not distinguish between his church and his followers, and himself. Jesus told Saul he had been persecuting him. This serves as a warning that anyone who persecutes Christians or the Christian church is persecuting Christ himself.

• In one moment of fear, enlightenment, and regret, Saul understood that Jesus was indeed the true Messiah, and that he (Saul) had helped murder and imprison innocent people. Saul realized that despite his previous beliefs as a Pharisee, he now knew the truth about God and was obligated to obey him.

• Saul of Tarsus possessed perfect qualifications to be an evangelist for Christ: He was versed in Jewish culture and language, his upbringing in Tarsus made him familiar with the Greek language and culture as well, his training in Jewish theology helped him connect the Old Testament with the gospel, and as a skilled tentmaker he could support himself with that trade.

• When retelling his conversion later to King Agrippa, Paul said Jesus told him, "It is hard for you to kick against the goads." (Acts 26:14, NIV) A goad was a sharp stick used to control oxen or cattle. Some interpret this as meaning Paul had pangs of conscience when persecuting the church. Others believe Jesus meant that it was futile to try to oppress the church.

• Paul's life-changing experience on the Damascus Road led to his baptism and instruction in the Christian faith. He became the most determined of the apostles, suffering brutal physical pain, persecution, and finally martyrdom. He revealed his secret of enduring a lifetime of hardship for the gospel: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, NKJV)

Question for Reflection:

The same Jesus Christ who rose from the dead and did such a mighty work in Paul wants to work in my life too. What could Jesus do if I surrendered as Paul did and gave him complete control of my life?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God doesn't help ANY of that. It's like smoking heroin to feel good, when you should really be out doing good for yourself.

you are right and wrong.
sitting on the what you know and not USING what you know, is like smoking heroin to feel good, when you should really be out doing good for yourself and others.

this is why i said a MATURE believer. someone who isnt just sitting on what they know. not sharing what they know. and i'm not just talking about the gospels. but also sharing what they have been taught. helping out those in need. loving your neighbor and your enemy. loving your family. obeying your father and mother. real basic stuff.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
SCIENCE DOESN'T POSTULATE THAT, BROTHER! UNLESS YOU CAN SHOW ME WHERE IT DOES, DUDE! THE BIG BANG IS ABOUT ALL MATTER BEING CONDENSED BEFORE EXPANDING, MEAN GENE! IT'S NOT ABOUT NOTHING TURNING INTO SOMETHING, BROTHER!

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Why should one become an atheist? How would their life be better?

And also, what contributions have atheists made to humanity?

I'm an agnostic who isn't sure about God but I just don't see the point of being an atheist.
I'd like to know the benefits of being agnostic. Is it just easier to deal with and explain to people?

I think atheism is a realization. Everyone else is in denial, one way or another. We aren't born with religion or belief in a god. We're conditioned to consider, accept, and understand that. I don't choose to think there is no god. Theists choose to believe there is a god. They choose to go out on a limb and use blind faith to assume there is some higher power. All atheists do is let go of that nonsense and live free from dogma, religious pressures, ignorance, hate, and backward thinking.

Ultimately, I think we'd all be better off without religion and theism, because more people would start to think for themselves and embrace science.

Jule

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
re-read my post.
i said atheist can eat a dikk as well because the claim to know that there is no God.

Why do people keep saying this? Atheism is not a claim that someone "knows" that there is no God. Atheism is nothing more than a position that theist have not provided sufficient enough evidence to prove the existence of a God, therefore they have no reason to believe.

Also atheism and agnostics are not mutually exclusive. You can be an agnostic atheist or even an agnostic theist. If I were to ask you (hypothetically) do you believe in a God and you say anything other than yes (even if you say you don't know) then you're an atheist. Or if you want to be more precise you are an agnostic atheist.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
i dont, i'm going by the science. :smugfavre:

The only thing you did was demonstrate that you know very little about science. Space, and the speed of light don't know things; c^2 isn't an aware entity. They're concepts that humans discovered. You also don't understand big bang cosmology either. Read more, and stop getting your science from creationists before forming an opinion about it.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing you did was demonstrate that you know very little about science. Space, and the speed of light don't know things; c^2 isn't an aware entity. They're concepts that humans discovered. You also don't understand big bang cosmology either. Read more, and stop getting your science from creationists before forming an opinion about it.

oh i forgot. you guys think its a really hot dot that included everything as we know as the universe with in it. lets call it a marble of everything.

where did it come from? how was it there already? who put it there? what put it there? was it just there? again, something does not come from nothing. unless it has been......created. brought into being.

and of course i know that the speed of light doesnt have awareness of self. well i dont think it does.

thats not the point and you know it. the point is, we are not creating anything NEW. we are using tools, chemicals, laws that were here before we ever touched down on earth. thats a scientific fact as well as a biblical fact.

but lets address this marble of everthing.

“At this singularity, space and time came into existence; literally nothing existed before the singularity, so, if the Universe originated at such a singularity, we would truly have a creation ex nihilo.”
John Barrow and Frank Tipler, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1986), p. 442.
“An initial cosmological singularity . . . forms a past temporal extremity to the universe. We cannot continue physical reasoning, or even the concept of spacetime, through such an extremity. . . . On this view the big bang represents the creation event; the creation not only of all the matter and energy in the universe, but also of spacetime itself.”
P. C. W. Davies, “Spacetime Singularities in Cosmology,” in The Study of Time III, ed. J. T. Fraser (Berlin: Springer Verlag ).
“would quite literally be created out of nothing: not just out of the vacuum, but out of absolutely nothing at all, because there is nothing outside the universe.”(Hawking describing the Hartle-Hawking model)
Hartle and Hawking, “Wave Function of the Universe,” p. 2961; Hawking and Penrose, Nature of Space and Time, p. 85.

lets address the basic concept of the bigbang and this singularity concept again.

Another misconception is that we tend to image the singularity as a little fireball appearing somewhere in space. According to the many experts however, space didn't exist prior to the Big Bang. Back in the late '60s and early '70s, when men first walked upon the moon, "three British astrophysicists, Steven Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose turned their attention to the Theory of Relativity and its implications regarding our notions of time. In 1968 and 1970, they published papers in which they extended Einstein's Theory of General Relativity to include measurements of time and space.1, 2 According to their calculations, time and space had a finite beginning that corresponded to the origin of matter and energy."3 The singularity didn't appear in space; rather, space began inside of the singularity. Prior to the singularity, nothing existed, not space, time, matter, or energy - nothing. So where and in what did the singularity appear if not in space? We don't know. We don't know where it came from, why it's here, or even where it is. All we really know is that we are inside of it and at one time it didn't exist and neither did we

lets try this again

Some physicists believe our universe was created by colliding with another, but Kaku says it also may have sprung from nothing: a completely empty eleven dimensional universe with no spin, no charge and no energy. This seemingly tranquil nothingness universe was actually unstable and some physicists believe that a fluctuation in the vacuum caused our universe to pinch off from its empty existence without time and space to a universe that was large enough to expand. Like a bubble in a bath, our universe had to grow instantaneously in order to survive and escape the collapsing fate of small bubbles.

This “quantum leap” involved four of the dimensions of the empty universe, which now frame the universe we live in. Expanding suddenly, this event sparked the Big Bang and caused the further expansion which created matter and continues to push the galaxies apart today. Meanwhile, the seven remaining dimensions shrunk to an almost inconceivable size, much smaller than an atom.

String theory is so far a purely mathematical journey back to these primordial moments, and some physicists are considering different explanations. The higher dimensions of our universe, if they exist, cannot be directly explored because today’s instruments are not powerful enough to measure their small size. But there are experiments—both Earth-bound and space-based—that may provide evidence to support string theory.

Kaku=Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist at City University of New York

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know about any benefits but I do know it takes far more faith to be an atheist than anything else.
Might as well believe the Bobcats gon take away the next championship

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
IF TIME DIDN'T EXIST, THERE WAS NO "BEFORE" THE SINGULARITY, BROTHER! IT'S A LIMITATION OF OUR COMMON LANGUAGE THAT PRODUCES SOME OF THESE MISCONCEPTIONS YOU'RE PUSHING, DUDE!

LEMME ASK YOU SOMETHING BROTHER! WHERE DID GOD COME FROM? GOD CAN'T JUST BE! SOMEBODY HAD TO PUT HIM THERE, BROTHER! :troll:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
oh i forgot. you guys think its a really hot dot that included everything as we know as the universe with in it. lets call it a marble of everything.

where did it come from? how was it there already? who put it there? what put it there? was it just there? again, something does not come from nothing. unless it has been......created. brought into being.

Okay. And none of what you posted supports any notion of a supernatural entity, so what's your point? I mean, it's one thing to google and paste some stuff actual scientists say, but do you comprehend it? If we can agree that there was nothing before the singularity, then what justification do you have to say there was this supernatural, all-powerful, all-intelligent being? If you can say nothing can come from nothingness ... except this god, why not just stop at what we know existed ... the universe?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay. And none of what you posted supports any notion of a supernatural entity, so what's your point? I mean, it's one thing to google and paste some stuff actual scientists say, but do you comprehend it? If we can agree that there was nothing before the singularity, then what justification do you have to say there was this supernatural, all-powerful, all-intelligent being? If you can say nothing can come from nothingness ... except this god, why not just stop at what we know existed ... the universe?
lol. so now you admit you were wrong. there was NOTHING as we humans know of NOTHING, before the marble of everything appeared.

i would say "but, there couldnt be a God, if there was nothing..RIGHT?"

WRONG. Natural (Marble of everything, within it space, time, and everything we know today and will know in the future).

Super Natural
: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

you dont believe in spirituality. therefore you believe there was nothing before this marble of everything.

i believe in spirituality so there was SOMETHING outside of the universe(Time and space). this something is a spiritual being. it lives outside of time and space. which is why when it says its name is I AM. or I am the alpha and omega. its speaking the truth.

Revelation 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

The idea of "there can't be something from nothing" only resides in the NATURAL. it applies to natural laws. it does not apply to the SUPERNATURAL- things that live outside of time, space, and creation as WE know it.