Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lost respect for some posters saying drake out rapped kendrick.

Like just from a rap perspective, like skill wise, I could even steel man drake having better bars, but saying Drake rapped better? How :what:

Kendrick had all the smart, funny and memorable quotables. :ohlawd:

I don't think a single bar from drake even stuck with the public, and they were simpler
Breh, exactly. It's funny that looney tune ass kanye called it "I can't even think of a drake line". Maybe two or three bars drake said stuck, Kdot really waxed this nikka.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Dead heat. People overlooking a lot of what Drake lines and coming up with 65 meanings for Kendrick

Kendrick wins bc he got the public hating this dude hard and he got 4 fukking hits off disses something we would expect from Drake

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where has all this Drake can flow bullshyt come from??! He has one of the most basic deliveries I've ever heard, the worst flow of any supposed top tier rapper in the history of hip hop.

He sounds like he's learned a little bit about rapping and he's been practicing in his bedroom, got a lil better, but still basic as fukk. The Jake Paul of emceeing.

It's not even a competition between him and dot

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
nikkas don’t wanna admit it but lyrically Drake had the better display of bars from song to song

Euphoria is right up there, it was the hungriest I heard Dot sound in a long time. But Drake had them writers writing some shyt

2nd verse on Family Matters is the peak of the whole beef
Not trying to shyt on you or be sarcastic but what were 2 or 3 of the best bars from that second verse that you think highlights his out rapping KL?

Most people go to that verse I actually thought the 3rd was better and actauly about Kendrick unlike the second

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Dead heat. People overlooking a lot of what Drake lines and coming up with 65 meanings for Kendrick

Kendrick wins bc he got the public hating this dude hard and he got 4 fukking hits off disses something we would expect from Drake
Why didn't Ross record turn into a hit. They all released around the same and all "hated" on Drake

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Kendrick won in every way.

It's crazy to think that Drake has been quick to spar with big names for years and years and has come out unscathed. Pusha beat him, but more like "pushed" him down on the ground.

Kendrick beat this niqqa down and started stomping him. Gotta be a weird feeling for Drake to take such a collosal L

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake got him when it comes to actual raps which is actually surprising. Family Matters, The Heart Part 6 and even Push Ups had a lot of slick shyt in it. And the Mike Jackson scheme in FM crazy as fukk. Some Lupe Fiasco shyt.

Kendrick only won the beef because he immediately stepped on Family Matters and I think a lot of people wanted Drake's downfall for whatever reason. Maybe it's because people generally hate to see the same nikka on top over and over.

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Yall the ones moving the goal posts because yall hold Kendrick to a standard you don’t hold artists to. 2pac is my GOAT, despite not being the most complex lyricist. There’s more to rapping than bars and lines. Again, what was so complex about Takeover and Ether? I know what Jay and Nas are capable of, but on those two particular songs, they weren’t saying anything complex, yet one or both of those tracks are in most top 5 diss tracks ever. Why can’t Kendrick do it in his own style?
I’ll take this response as Drake was better lyrically but I don’t want to admit it even though everyone says Kendrick is supposed to be great lyrically :dead:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick won in every way.

It's crazy to think that Drake has been quick to spar with big names for years and years and has come out unscathed. Pusha beat him, but more like "pushed" him down on the ground.

Kendrick beat this niqqa down and started stomping him. Gotta be a weird feeling for Drake to take such a collosal L
Idc what anyone says. Pusha's "diss" is weak as fukk. OMG HE HAS A CHILD?!?! What the fukk is this? Ricky Lake?? So fukking corny. That's how I know people in general are lame. Him having a child had nothing to do with anything and isn't a diss in my eyes. Especially giving the situation.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Not trying to shyt on you or be sarcastic but what were 2 or 3 of the best bars from that second verse that you think highlights his out rapping KL?

Most people go to that verse I actually thought the 3rd was better and actauly about Kendrick unlike the second
It all ties back with the 1 v 20 line, it didn’t have to be all about K Dot because Drake painted the picture that Dot was like all the rest of the nikkas. Treating him like their sons

The best direct disses from Drake directly to Kendrick was on the Heart pt 6. He pretty much rendered meet the grahams null & void (just like his allegations against Kendrick) until there’s any legitimate proof

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where has all this Drake can flow bullshyt come from??! He has one of the most basic deliveries I've ever heard, the worst flow of any supposed top tier rapper in the history of hip hop.

He sounds like he's learned a little bit about rapping and he's been practicing in his bedroom, got a lil better, but still basic as fukk. The Jake Paul of emceeing.

It's not even a competition between him and dot
Oh for sure, drake lacks in the lyrical department, but also flow wise...

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It all ties back with the 1 v 20 line, it didn’t have to be all about K Dot because Drake painted the picture that Dot was like all the rest of the nikkas. Treating him like their sons
That's fine and dandy I'm just asking like what 2-3 rhymes in that second verse stood out to you because I see a lot of people who think Drake outclassed him lyrical refrence that verse

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I’ll take this response as Drake was better lyrically but I don’t want to admit it even though everyone says Kendrick is supposed to be great lyrically :dead:
Well you’re wrong. Like I said, there’s more to rapping than bars and lines. Kendrick had some lines too, but he brought so much more artistically as well.

I hate these discussions because just because I feel Kendrick rapped better overall, that doesn’t mean I don’t think Drake didn’t come with it. I don’t even listen to Drake, but I’ll give credit where it’s due (assuming that he wrote his raps).