Young Guru on the Combat Jack Show - 3 Hours!

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Been wondering what facts takeover has
Young Guru pointed out the Serch Life publishing line."I didn't pay you! I payed your mans" referring to MC Serch.
for example.
Nas on the Stillmatic Freestyle incorrectly asserts that "you show off, I count dough off while you sample my voice"

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought he stated Ether had more emotions than "facts" like Takeover and that's why Ether>>>
I think he implied production on Takeover>>>Ether. Which he has a point.
Narr, both combat and young guru, esp combat was saying ether was sloppy and basically emotion driven whereas takeover was just facts and science which was why takeover>>>>>ether which is just :mjlol:. For example, the whole "i can divide" part is not science or facts, and is written from the stance of a fan almost and if takeover was so great why did jay feel the need to make supaugly and nas never felt he needed to make another full response after ether haaaaaanhhh? Plus guru said that the situation never reached a level where it was more than records which had me sitting here like ":wtf: was this nicca even there???" Cos we all know nas went to fight jay after he found out about the affair and dame calmed him down, freddie foxx made an effort to do security for nas during that time because he thought the situation and atmosphere at that time was getting shaky and they proposed that boxing charity event. Plus even niccas like memphis bleek and dame have said ether>>> and we have the hot 97 poll (idc what guru said, everyone only talks about takeover vs ether not supaugly vs ether), jay's reaction to ether on hot 97, nas's victory lap interview on hot 97 etc etc...its just like, how much of a stan can @CombatJack be? Lol. Ether is a fuccin hip hop verb now ffs. How can you claim takeover>>>ether when people say "you got ether'd?" :dead:

Plus, combat always likes to act like there's no facts to ether when alot of people were asking if nas had got fed some info from cats like Jaz-O cos of the stuff he said in the song. You wouldn't have people saying that if it was just a case of nas continuously throwing jay childish insults his way. Ether is the very definition of a scientific approach to a diss record, it was clearly planned out carefully.

Long rant but it annoys me when combat talks about jay on the combat jack show, cos he can never talk about him objectively and alot of people assume the stuff he says in general is factually driven. Just eschews hip hop history to those that don't no better.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Uhh I dunno I really think you should re listen to the segment.
I
Narr, both combat and young guru, esp combat was saying ether was sloppy and basically emotion driven whereas takeover was just facts and science which was why takeover>>>>>ether which is just :mjlol:. For example, the whole "i can divide" part is not science or facts, and is written from the stance of a fan almost and if takeover was so great why did jay feel the need to make supaugly and nas never felt he needed to make another full response after ether haaaaaanhhh? Plus guru said that the situation never reached a level where it was more than records which had me sitting here like ":wtf: was this nicca even there???" Cos we all know nas went to fight jay after he found out about the affair and dame calmed him down, freddie foxx made an effort to do security for nas during that time because he thought the situation and atmosphere at that time was getting shaky and they proposed that boxing charity event. Plus even niccas like memphis bleek and dame have said ether>>> and we have the hot 97 poll (idc what guru said, everyone only talks about takeover vs ether not supaugly vs ether), jay's reaction to ether on hot 97, nas's victory lap interview on hot 97 etc etc...its just like, how much of a stan can @CombatJack be? Lol. Ether is a fuccin hip hop verb now ffs. How can you claim takeover>>>ether when people say "you got ether'd?" :dead:

Plus, combat always likes to act like there's no facts to ether when alot of people were asking if nas had got fed some info from cats like Jaz-O cos of the stuff he said in the song. You wouldn't have people saying that if it was just a case of nas continuously throwing jay childish insults his way. Ether is the very definition of a scientific approach to a diss record, it was clearly planned out carefully.

Long rant but it annoys me when combat talks about jay on the combat jack show, cos he can never talk about him objectively and alot of people assume the stuff he says in general is factually driven. Just eschews hip hop history to those that don't no better.

If you say so...:duck:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Young Guru pointed out the Serch Life publishing line."I didn't pay you! I payed your mans" referring to MC Serch.
for example.
Nas on the Stillmatic Freestyle incorrectly asserts that "you show off, I count dough off while you sample my voice"
True true besides the search shyt(search also confirmed I think)....on takeover Jay was getting at nas on some disappointed fan shyt

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Combat Jack would never say this stuff to Nas face tho.. thats why I cant take his stance serious

Charlemagne would tho..lol

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
O...
interesting
lol

Lol yeah I think people in the thread may have mistaken his stance. He was basically saying people fukk with Ether more because Nas gave you raw emotion, where as Jay's verses were more "technically better" from a direct attack, Nas' rawness and just straight up no holds barred attack made it better. Like people felt where he was coming from