Young Guru on the Combat Jack Show - 3 Hours!

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Lol yeah I think people in the thread may have mistaken his stance. He was basically saying people fukk with Ether more because Nas gave you raw emotion, where as Jay's verses were more "technically better" from a direct attack, Nas' rawness and just straight up no holds barred attack made it better. Like people felt where he was coming from

this. I was talking bout this the other day. Jay came at Nas like a proper MC should on "Takeover". "Ether" sounds like Nas and the Bravehearts was in the studio drunk off that Hendog staring at a goofy ass pic of Hov and holding a roasting session and just recorded it.

"I know you ain't talking bout me dog…you…what?!" that shyt just sounds like the early stages of a roast

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great interview. When Guru was talking about De La I was like :obama:, I agree with him they are the goat group. I also respect his Mos Def stanery and I love The Ecstatic but it's nowhere near as good as BOBS

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I was :mjlol: when he was going on an on about that for no reason. BUT IT WAS FACTS

My nikka went off on a grandpa simpson level tangent about the DUALITIES of ether vs supa ugly vs takeover
rFlgoWM.png

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
And "Shots Fired" is under the same umbrella as "Combat Jack". They do West Coast underground & legacy acts. The NYC-centric nature of Combat Jack's show isn't really a problem. The interviews can only be but so good if you're not familiar with the artist you're speaking to.
He's more likely to add another podcast that caters to Southern rap to his network than he is to start interviewing a bunch of Southern artists.

Now i would definitely fukks with a Southern podcast. I wonder who would host though? Maybe absorbing the Day 1 show into LSN would be dope. But I think mostly all the podcasts are NYC based, right?

@CombatJack come back to the Coli breh! :damn:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
that whole segment when they were playing the songs and Guru talking is great.
"Cam is one of the best MC's if you push him"...Guru summed up what plenty of us have said.

speaking of, Combat Jack needs to get Cam on there.
theres been so many versions/era's of Cam over the years that if you approach that right it would potentially be a classic episode.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, you have to look real hard to even catch Guru in the "Oh Boy" video and he looks like a corn ball tryna holla at a chick.

But I still love him though :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I love how nikkas try to say Ether wasn't 'technically' good when from a technical rapping standpoint it's about as in the pocket as nas has ever been since Represent on illmatic

15 Years of excuses :mjlol:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dope i love when knowledge dudes give interviews....dude got stories for days

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Did Guru have anything else to say about Nas, outside of the Takeover/Ether stuff? Always wondered what his general thoughts were on Nas. When I've heard him talk in the past I've gotten the impression he's into more underground and conscious shyt, and likely a Nas fan.

In terms of Takeover...I've always thought the "facts" argument was spin. Since when have rap disses been about "facts?" It's about who lands the most blows, perceived or real. I'm sorry but Hov paying Serch instead of Nas doesn't strike me as a blow, yall.

At the end of the day "ether" is a verb now, due to that song. That alone tells you who won IMO...