[10/5] AEW Dynamite: The Sammy Guevara Depreciation Society, the Epitome... of Backstage Brawling

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Kinda blows my mind that THIS Dynamite is the one making people say “I’m done.” Last week’s episode was objectively one of the worst episodes ever, if not the worst, and y’all whining about this episode more than that one.

:camby:
I didn't even bothered to watch last week :manny:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I didn't even bothered to watch last week :manny:
Well you didn't miss much. Last week's episode was a complete shyt show. If they would have followed up with another episode like that I would have weekly AEW DVR-only, that's how much I hated last week's episode.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I get your point but to be honest, these past few weeks it's felt like Dynamite has been used as a backdoor pilot for ROH to get it's own show. shyt, the ROH Title feels like a more important/prominent story than the AEW one right now.

Tony said as much in the Ariel Halwani interview today

Its all done to showcase ROH to WBD

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Julia and Lee got engaged months ago.

On this week’s episode of AEW Unrestricted, Aubrey Edwards co-hosted the show with Alex Abrahantes and they welcomed House of Black member Julia Hart on as a guest.

Julia’s relationship with fellow AEW talent Lee Johnson was brought up and she went on to reveal that they are engaged. It was stated on the podcast that they’ve been engaged for months and it was something they wanted to keep to themselves and within the circle of people who knew.

It’s honestly great [working with Lee Johnson]. We’re also — actually, I should correct you. We are engaged… Now it sounds weird saying ‘boyfriend’. I’m like, what? He’s my fiancé. Nobody really knows that but we also don’t care but we also didn’t make a huge post about it.
But work-life and real life is — we have a real good separation of it and yeah, he’s the best, I don’t know. I just couldn’t ask for anyone better. He’s like my dream man. He is everything I could ask for in a guy so, he’s great. I can’t wait for him to come back.
House of Black’s Malakai Black is off AEW television. He is away from the company tending to personal matters. He stated that he’ll be back ‘pretty soon’.

The 24-year-old Lee Johnson last wrestled in a sanctioned match for AEW in early May

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel Tony has to get back to respecting his fans and tell the fans what happened to these guys and start giving time tables. Transparency. That’s what’s messing with ticket sales. Like the NBA, why pay top dollar to go when you don’t know who’s gonna be there

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The main event was match of the night. Anyone saying it wasn’t is just emotional about the result

Sammy can go. Love him or hate him. He’s entertaining between them ropes
The main event had barely any heat on the match itself, it was a generic TV tag match which is disappointing for an anniversary main event in an overrun.

Fans were just hating Sammy's guts because he's unlikable, but not to the point of wanting to see him tap out. When García had the sharpshooter on there was very little anticipation and when Jericho interfered it was received with mostly silence. At no point it looked like the crowd wanted to see the two matches that the main event was promoting: Jericho vs Danielson and Jericho vs García. It was basically a WWE "make them mad!" ending that didn't even make people mad :dead:

I think the best way of taking advantage of Sammy's heat is putting him in a program with someone like Starks were he can get embarrassed on the mic and eventually lose in a match. People want to hate on him but you have to pair him up with someone the crowds is really behind so they can get invested in watching Guevara get beaten.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I feel Tony has to get back to respecting his fans and tell the fans what happened to these guys and start giving time tables. Transparency. That’s what’s messing with ticket sales. Like the NBA, why pay top dollar to go when you don’t know who’s gonna be there
Yup. And it's worse when Tony's booking is so over the place when even if you know a wrestler you like is healthy an available, there's no way of knowing if he's gonna show up on TV until 1 day before Dynamite, at best.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

Well that plus having hardly any storylines and running the same towns over and over but yes agreed

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Well that plus having hardly any storylines and running the same towns over and over but yes agreed
The spamming of the same cities really is ridiculous, one of the big reasons why advance ticket sales are bad in a lot of these places. Places where they are running first time (Toronto, Seattle come to mind) or only once or twice a year are selling very well. Places where they keep going several times a year are having lackluster sales.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They should just put weekly ROH behind a YouTube paywall like IMPACT does until they can come up with something else. $1-2 a month to watch a new ROH show every week is going to be a no-brainer subscription for ROH fans. Then you just eliminate Dark Elevation and use that taping time for the ROH show since most of the people on Dark Elevation should be ROH performers anyways.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
They should just put weekly ROH behind a YouTube paywall like IMPACT does until they can come up with something else. $1-2 a month to watch a new ROH show every week is going to be a no-brainer subscription for ROH fans. Then you just eliminate Dark Elevation and use that taping time for the ROH show since most of the people on Dark Elevation should be ROH performers anyways.
But then it feels that ROH is to AEW what ECW/NXT is to WWE. A lesser brand.