10 years....RIP Nancy & Daniel Benoit

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
first hours after the news broke that all 3 are dead people were speculating like crazy
from carbon monoxide leaks to it beaing a mafia hit

when we found out the truth :merchant:

It didn't help that the revelation of what happened was unraveling during the tribute on Raw, making the show very awkward.

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Wow i remember this like it was yesterday.

I remember that monday night raw thread going from :dwayne: to :vinceshock: to :flairwow:

In 2007, I was on one of those forums we trolled a few years ago. I remember that forum going exactly like those gifs as the episode went on. The forum got so heavy that they required people to sign up.

Anyone else remember when Vince had to backtrack?

Last edited:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
In 2007, I was on one of those forums we trolled a few years ago. I remember that forum going exactly like those gifs as the episode went on.

Anyone else remember when Vince had to backtrack?

Vince was so fukking pissed, he realized he made a tribute show for a murderer.

I will never forget that empty arena RAW episode seeing the teary eyed Vince, and past CB matches, and the ECW the night after, then the news cycle was crazy as well. I remember watching CNN everyday and CNN actually reported Brian Adams' death as well, and if Benoit never did what he did I don't think Adams' death would've been reported like that.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

I will never forget that empty arena RAW episode seeing the teary eyed Vince, and past CB matches, and the ECW the night after, then the news cycle was crazy as well. I remember watching CNN everyday and CNN actually reported Brian Adams' death as well, and if Benoit never did what he did I don't think Adams' death would've been reported like that.

Yeah especially when you look back and remember Regal's tribute. Breh knew what was up.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I remember just watching that RAW and not thinking to turn to CNN or anything but I guess the news broke about the Double Murder-Suicide during the show?

Well it was two things. Regal still lived in Georgia from the WCW days so he knew of Chris and Nancy's marital problems.

Excerpt from Chris Jericho's Undisputed

Amid the kind words and valiant portrayals of Chris was a serious, more ambiguous comment from William Regal that chilled my blood. He said that Chris wasn’t quite the person everyone thought he was and there might be more to his death than meets the eye. I could tell that Regal suspected the worst, just like I did.

In addition, there was a rumor that JBL asked Regal if he thought Chris did it before shooting.

With all three dead, there had to be something fishy though. A lot of people on forums thought it was Kevin Sullivan avenging Benoit stealing his wife.

TheWhackMamba

The Coli's Drop Bear
Daps
Reppin
Western Australia

I haven't seen it since I saw it live! Can you pano or let me know what Ep it is on the network :sadcam:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
To add on to what I've said already, the wrestling industry has never really recovered from it. Even the kids who weren't alive probably have parents telling them not to watch wrestling because they remember the incident.

Also Simon Dean / Nova has a lot of insight on the whole incident.