10 years....RIP Nancy & Daniel Benoit

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
I say this a lot about Chris probably have said it on here but I can't watch his matches anymore. Got WM 22 on DVD and I just skip his match against JBL. Really can't watch the MITB match at WM 21 or the ladder match he had against Jericho. Dope match but
qYYhUT1.jpg

:picard: along with the other shots to the head before that and afterwards. Just a sad situation all around.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I had stopped watching wrestling at that point so I didn't really know what was going on. I was at work and went to the break room during lunch to watch tv and I saw Marc Mero on Nancy Grace or Bill O'Reilly I forgot which one. He was talking about all the travel and pain wrestlers have to go through. I said out loud "this dude was married to Sable who was in playboy. Why are they interviewing him?" A white guy in the break room said "he's talking about that wrestler that killed his wife and kid." I was like who and then he told me and I was shook.

I was naive and went on the network last week to watch the tribute to Benoit but I saw it was a highlight of matches in 2007. :pachaha:

fukk Benoit for what he did! :pacspit:

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
I say this a lot about Chris probably have said it on here but I can't watch his matches anymore. Got WM 22 on DVD and I just skip his match against JBL. Really can't watch the MITB match at WM 21 or the ladder match he had against Jericho. Dope match but
qYYhUT1.jpg

:picard: along with the other shots to the head before that and afterwards. Just a sad situation all around.
He blocked the chair shot with his hands only to take an even worse head shot by bouncing his head off the floor
full

Vice Queen

The First Lady of T$C
Supporter
Daps
I remember watching RAW that day and feeling uneasy during the show. Like instinct was telling me that Benoit did that.

The wrestlers all looked like they were slowly learning what happened and hesitant to say anything. Tears weren't shed like they were for Eddie.

Then the news dropped..... Emotions were high, it was wild.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
As time goes on my contempt for Benoit just gets stronger. When it happened I realized it was a horrible thing, but I was young enough to not fully grasp how despicable it was. Now as I get closer to fatherhood myself I can't think of a more reprehensible act than killing your own kid with your bare hands. There's a lot of terrible things you can do in this world, but doing that to a person that's so innocent and puts all of their unconditional love and trust into you is IMO the most horrific. Anybody that supports this man in any way or thinks the WWE/wrestling should honor him is sick.

I truly wish the WWE removed every mention of him from every broadcast that he was ever a part of.

I think it's always been super telling that all the people that knew him best (Regal, Malenko, Jericho) all immediately assumed he did it from the jump.

That's why I never bought into the conspiracy theories surrounding the situation.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
As time goes on my contempt for Benoit just gets stronger. When it happened I realized it was a horrible thing, but I was young enough to not fully grasp how despicable it was. Now as I get closer to fatherhood myself I can't think of a more reprehensible act than killing your own kid with your bare hands. There's a lot of terrible things you can do in this world, but doing that to a person that's so innocent and puts all of their unconditional love and trust into you is IMO the most horrific. Anybody that supports this man in any way or thinks the WWE/wrestling should honor him is sick.

I truly wish the WWE removed every mention of him from every broadcast that he was ever a part of.

That's why I never bought into the conspiracy theories surrounding the situation.

The conspiracy theories have always been from smarks trying to find ways to justify why their favorite wrestler wasn't a fukking monster and make themselves feel better about not feeling bad about continuing to watch/enjoy his work. As if there weren't 20 years of documented behavior of him being a fukking creepy abusive psycho before he killed his family.

I've always been able to pretty easily separate art and artist (IE, I'm of Jewish descent but I sure as fukk am going to not like the Lethal Weapon series or not be interested in whatever Mel Gibson is up to, I still watch and enjoy Benoit/Snuka matches, etc), so I've never really understood why people couldn't just be open that they still liked Benoit matches without having to come up with crazy Alex Jones level conspiracy bullshyt. I mean, A LOT of everyone's favorite wrestlers are absolute pieces of shyt, just like a lot of people's favorite actors and musicians are pieces of shyt. You can still enjoy their work while recognizing they're garbage people.

But it's pretty telling when damn near everyone that knew him for more than a few years and wasn't from the generation before him that idolized him (like Edge and Punk) were not surprised he did what he did.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Right, I realized that what happened was tragic but I just couldn't grasp how much of a despicable a human being that Benoit was, now at 20, I understand it and hell if I was older than I was in 2007, I probably would've took a long break from wrestling :manny:

James Dean

All Star
Daps
The aftermath was nuts. I remember Nancy Grace on CNN being the biggest bytch during this time smh.

This shyt really shook up the industry.

And we got cheated outta Punk Vs Chris smh. I felt for Punk dude was broken.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
"yesterday" he no showed the ppv all i think was damn, hope hes aiight, why would he no show
then "today" found out he was dead
then during raw found out it was a murder suicide
raw was still doing benoit tributes.... shyt was so awkward

then we found out his fukking brains was mashed potatoes from all the diving headbutts and chairshots

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
"yesterday" he no showed the ppv all i think was damn, hope hes aiight, why would he no show
then "today" found out he was dead
then during raw found out it was a murder suicide
raw was still doing benoit tributes.... shyt was so awkward

then we found out his fukking brains was mashed potatoes from all the diving headbutts and chairshots

Yeah it was surreal. Doctors even said his brain acted as if he was some 80+year old with Alzheimer's or some shyt like that

10 years already man damn :francis: