2010 was an aberration and TT won't sign free agents: Official 2016 GB Packers Offseason Thread

Will TT do anything but draft?

• Yes, he'll sign a FA or two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will just draft and sign UDFAs

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • He will retire and Elliot Wolf becomes GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
TE
ILB
OLB
P
OT
RB

are the priorities. First year TE's don't often make an impact so I'd like to either sign an older stop gap like Antonio Gates and draft another one in the first 3 rounds or sign a younger one like Ladarius Green or Martellus Bennett and save a draft pick all together.

You want a veteran tight end like Vernon Davis :sas1:

I'm thinking OLB first round because it's easier to find a good player at all those other positions in the later rounds.

An OLB? Like Nick Perry? or perhaps Mike Neal? :heh:

Oh wait, those never turned out as TT expected? You don't say? An unathletic DE from USC, and a roided DT from NW have never been anchors on our defense for a single fukkn season - not one. But they were handed the keys to the future of our defense on a platter and ended up platooning every single season from 2011 to 2016. PRAAAAAAAISE THE DRAFT

:salute: Datone Jones, you're the next on that summer jam screen

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This loss isnt as bad as the seattle game. Seattle game we dominated and loss. This game was just another example of this offense stalling on drives like it has been all year long. They looked promising in the first half with a few good long series but couldnt do shyt. Lacy had a nice open field run and it should of went for a touchdown but he litterally was too fat and slow to get there. Starks would of scored. We need to cut lacy.

Yes he would've. Unfortunately MM cannot construct a well oiled run game and high powered pass offense. It's one or the other.

Look at who we had as competition this preseason as backups for starks and lacy. That should let you know everything you need to know. Why we don't have a cj spiller type athlete behind those two is :mindblown: to me. If you have that type of athlete along with randall cobb on the field, you can do so much more with your TE and WR's

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What did you expect though? P*ts-like dynasty playing in the Super Bowl every year? Getting there is hard, but the Pack always seem to be in the conversation. Last 5 years haven't been a "waste"

We've been in the conversation since 93/94. Of course we expect a Super Bowl every single season.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last few years were only disappointing due to the injuries to key players. If we had a healthy roster we would have destroyed AZ. I would like to see the team sign some playmakers on defense. If they get some FA signings and some good draft picks and if the good lord allows us to stay healthy I think we'll have a much better chance getting to the bowl.

If fans keep expecting a healthy team, they need to pick a new sport.

Last year was the healthiest we'd been in over a decade, and it ended with our fat ass coach, brad jones, and aj hawk, doing their best to be their worst.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's still so early, so I don't even know what to say. I think a BIG change needs to be made, and it's not Capers (we get some talent up front and on the back side, and look what happens: his defense was pretty damn good). I think McCarthy's time here is up. It's certainly not gonna happen, but I think our team would benefit with a change. Problem is who do you go get.

You can't say this

I think TT is fine. I don't mind his reluctance to go big in Free Agency, because you're gonna overpay for the big names, and I have no issue with NOT doing that. It's kinda crazy how long it took him to get some good pieces on defense in place, but it finally happens, and our offense gets killed by injuries. We need another MLB, ESPECIALLY If Peppers and Perry don't come back (Perry looks like he's ready for a bigger role...convenient that it comes in his walk year). If we lose both of those guys, we need to free Clay up so he can go back outside and do what he's best at. Raji earned the right to come back, and I think Guion did too. Unless some team overpays for them, or they're expecting to get PAID, I'd bring 'em both back, and Perry too. I think Hayward will end up leaving, with Shields, Randall and Rollins being our main trio of CBs next year and Hyde being a jack-of-all trades.

then say this

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What you guys think about Hayward? Bring him back or let him walk and take the pick? I was leaning towards letting him go but now part of me just wants to keep every one of these talented DBs we got and just try and have one of the best secondaries in the league.

Shields
Randall
Rollins
Hayward
Burnett
Clinton-Dix

That is downright nasty

Let him fukkn walk. He's in his what, 3rd or 4th year, and he 1) has never been healthy 2) can't guard a teams #1 receiver.

What purpose does he serve on defense? What does he excel at?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Peppers has to be back. He's 36 and still more productive than the 20 somethings that TT has drafted and he's one of the captains of the team with his quiet leadership. But he has to have his snaps limited so he can beast in January. If he retires, I wouldn't be surprised but he wants that ring badly.

I'd probably keep Perry over Neal and draft an OLB and an ILB very high. We haven't drafted an ILB high since HAWK!

And we also haven't drafted an offensive player in the 1st since RODGERS in 05.

So, there's some interesting routes to take.

This shyt is so embarrassing. So fukkn embarrassing.

Does anyone realize that Jarius Wynn started for 8 months after the Super Bowl :mindblown:

Yo this was our front 7 just 8 months after the defense secured us a super bowl win:

Defensive linemen

Linebackers
:laff: Look at that shyt!!!!! That's not because of free agency. That's man made. TT completely dismantled our team from the core out. Did any of you, ANY OF YOU, really see a future where Mike Neal and Jarius Wynn were leading us to another Super Bowl.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

"He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

When is MM gonna work/change on his shytty game plans and schemes? When are we gonna cut the bullshyt ZBS? Im more concerned about MM being the head shot around here then fat ass Lacy dropping 10-15 pounds in the off season :camby: