Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
This isn’t a good argument though. You can simply have someone from the state party who isn’t working on a campaign for any of the candidates oversee the process. Everyone will have a bias but the optics look bad. You wouldn’t be saying that if this was the general and a Republican working on Trump’s campaign was in charge of overseeing the entire process.
That person isn't overseeing anything though.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
NO DAMMIT! THEY NEED TO BE PUUUUREE!!

PUUURE !!!

:mjlol:
@Pressure may have guided us into an actual policy discussion but people like you will just lead to a locked thread. If we are talking housing policy then we can actual cite and compare:

Sanders:

• Preventing Wall Street funds from selling large pools of mortgages

• Investing $1.48 trillion over a decade in the National Affordable Housing Trust to fund the building, rehabilitation and/or preservation of 7.4 million affordable housing units.

• Setting aside $70 billion to repair and modernize public housing.

• Creating a national cap on annual rent increases at no more than 3% or 1.5 times the Consumer Price Index (whichever is higher).

Forming an office in the Department of Housing and Urban Development designed to strengthen rent control, tenant protections and inclusive zoning.

• Making federal funding contingent on states encouraging development that promotes integration and public transportation access.

Instating a 25% home flipping tax on real-estate speculators who sell non-owner-occupied properties that sell for more than their original purchase price if sold within five years.

• Creating an independent National Fair Housing Agency in the vein of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that protects people from housing discrimination and enforces housing standards for renters.

• Investing $8 billion across HUD and the Department of Agriculture to form a first-time homebuyer assistance program

Warren

Building, preserving or rehabilitating 3.2 million housing units nationwide for lower- and middle-income people in order to lower rents by 10%. This, she said, would be funded by raising the estate tax back to Bush-era levels.

Creating a down-payment assistance program designed to address the black-white homeownership gap by providing assistance to first-time home buyers who live in a formerly red-lined neighborhoods or communities that were segregated by law and are still currently low-income.

• Expanding fair-housing legislation to bar housing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or income.

• Extending the Community Reinvestment Act to require non-bank mortgage lenders invest in minority communities.

• Providing $2 billion in assistance to mortgage borrowers who are still underwater on their home loans following the financial crisis, meaning they owe more than their homes are worth.

• Instituting new requirements for sales of delinquent mortgages .

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That person isn't overseeing anything though.
Go ahead and break down their role. And why you know more than political veteran of Senate Majority Reid’s start Faiz who had to go get confirmation :come on:. A lot of you guys are sacrificing intellectual integrity for the sake of seeming “impartial” or “above the fray” and you don’t make sense to anyone outside of a circle of like 6 people.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What do you propose be done about upward mobility? Which candidate is currently addressing this issue?
There's a lot to be discussed, but merely boiling issues down to class is far off.

Black white gaps are larger in middle class areas than they are in lower class areas. Suburbia benefits whites more than blacks in the same footing.

Warren's wealth tax plan includes money to fund monitory small businesses. That's a start.

But more importantly she's at leasing making an effort to show how her wealth tax will help black folks and not just saying, we're helping everyone.

Again, this all began why I chose her over someone like sanders and I said it's because she takes the time to address how her plan will help black Americans.

Not just using black Americans as a Stat.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Throw out a bunch of buzzwords you don't understand brehs. :heh:

I don't know which country you nikkas think we are living in, but no one will be elected to office by proposing economic policies that only benefit black people and explicitly exclude other groups.

What type of drugs are you nikkas on? Ya'll don't understand finesse?

You may poo poo a $15 minimum wage, but that could move a person or family of wage earners from poverty to working class. Canceling student debt could help a black middle class buy a home or invest in the market to build wealth. Universal healthcare can ease the cost of healthcare for black families.

If it is reparations or bust for ya'll, then just say so and stop wasting our time.
Majority of the things you listed will predominately HELP white families, and do nothing but help them gain true wealth. Eliminating policies such as residency education rules and various racist ass policies that keep black people below poverty should be our true fight. Raising minimum wage which will also raise the cost of living will do nothing but keep us in poverty. The real main point of concern for the black community should be how we can eliminate the policies that stop true upward mobility not how we can live in within it.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a lot to be discussed, but merely boiling issues down to class is far off.

Black white gaps are larger in middle class areas than they are in lower class areas. Suburbia benefits whites more than blacks in the same footing.

Warren's wealth tax plan includes money to fund monitory small businesses. That's a start.

But more importantly she's at leasing making an effort to show how her wealth tax will help black folks and not just saying, we're helping everyone.

Again, this all began why I chose her over someone like sanders and I said it's because she takes the time to address how her plan will help black Americans.

Not just using black Americans as a Stat.

If you can't connect how proposed policies with impact people based on readily available demographic data, then that is on you.

Sounds like some of ya'll like being pandered to more than actual policy.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If you can't connect how proposed policies with impact people based on readily available demographic data, then that is on you.

How can I trust someone to fight for issues that are beneficial to black people when they tip toe around the subject whenever they are asked?:francis:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Sounds like you prefer to be on unequal footing as long as the ice is cold

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Pressure may have guided us into an actual policy discussion but people like you will just lead to a locked thread. If we are talking housing policy then we can actual cite and compare:

Sanders:

Warren

You are right actually, I am just being silly, but no more silly than this thread has become.

There can't be a policy discussion if the parties aren't arguing in good faith and that isn't close to happening in this thread. It's just defensive positions and rebuttals.

Ever so often one needs to be silly. It's the equivalent of yelling into a pillow.

But don't pretend that the back and forth for the last few pages have been substantive.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Exactly. His argument is quite literally Warren specifically states how this will help black people at all times instead of only when she is in front of Black people. If you look at what I just posted - Bernie and Warren quite literally have the same policy regarding redressing homeownership inequality through helping first time home owners. Warren just goes through a story of how it has effected black people historically. Now, that might make you feel better - but ultimately it’s the same policy as Sanders’ HUD policy.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I was just explaining why Warren is more palatable to me than Bernie and why I don't feel like he has won me over in this primary when I feel I have a better option.

If that means he doesn't win the Nomination then so be it. I'll vote for the eventual candidate, but the primary, for me, is a time to actually hold candidates to the fire.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:russ: Biden was polling 1st and 2nd all year in Iowa and ended up in forth place. I wipe my ass with these polls. If you really think booty judge and klobuchar will end up higher than warren in NH then I have a bridge to sell you breh.
Pete will definitely do better than Warren in NH. There's a better chance that Pete wins New Hampshire than Warren finishes above Pete :francis:

F*ckboy Pete is really close to Bernie in polls.

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Exactly. His argument is quite literally Warren specifically states how this will help black people at all times instead of only when she is in front of Black people. If you look at what I just posted - Bernie and Warren quite literally have the same policy regarding redressing homeownership inequality through helping first time home owners. Warren just goes through a story of how it has effected black people historically. Now, that might make you feel better - but ultimately it’s the same policy as Sanders’ HUD policy.
The use of redlining focus in Warrens plan vs the general housing assistance plan in Bernie’s is essentially the difference in how the two approach the black community. Bernie believes that his plans will help low income black people as it helps other poor communities while Warren’s plan is more explicitly focused on the issue.