5G towers are being set on fire because of corona conspiracies

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The underlying protocols of Internet data transfer do not allow you to disassociate sender from receiver. How about we separate the two? How about we enforce data collection protection properly. How about we make Tor network browsing standard. How about we stop third party tracking on the Internet. How about we stop companies selling offline information to google. How about we make anonymous internet usage the norm and ID access opt in. How we separate authorization from identification at the POS.

for credit cards see: Google and Mastercard Cut a Secret Ad Deal to Track Retail Sales
for tracking see: Website Tracking: Why and How Do Websites Track You? | Blog | CookiePro and What Are Third-Party Internet Cookies, and Why Is Google Killing Them?
for wifi see: Google admits collecting Wi-Fi data through Street View cars (done > 9 years ago)
for android tracking see: How to Stop Google From Tracking Your Location

etc

There are so many ways to improve what we have now but there is only one way for people to understand just how much has to be done and that cannot be done by reading what I post here.

Companies which have already shown that they cannot be trusted should not be given even more power. In what sort of mad world should it be any other way.

If you had a bf or gf or parent who behaved like that you would consider them psychotic.

a top down approach is unlikely to work, theres just too many entrenched capital interests. best bet would be to advocate for community mesh networks and even municipal broadband networks with what you suggested codified into local laws and technical implementation.

like Carl Sagan said:

“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces. I mean, who is running the science and technology in a democracy if the people don’t know anything about it.”

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The difficult part is the massed calculation and that does not take place on the network, it happens on the server. Routing isn't freeform - on land we deal in vertices not feet (most of the time). When you say "algorithms" do you actually understand what that means? Where it is done? How it works?

The mass calculations will be done using edge compute, which brings servers closer to devices, and goes hand in hand with 5G implementation. Technically it can be achieved with WiFi but cars aren’t stationary objects.

I see your points but 5G is key to progressing the internet of things movement, including driverless vehicles.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:mindblown:

i don't consider myself to be a gamer, I don't play PC games nor do I own a single console. Even I know gaming aint niche.

UPaUStL.png
Jo81deu.png

Kfxqere.jpg

2019 Essential Facts About the Computer and Video Game Industry - Entertainment Software Association

people have been motivated to build their own computers, learn to run their own servers , et cetera just because of gaming.

You guys are both right. The main beneficiaries of 5G will be enterprises but the biggest consumer segment right now is gamers.

I literally just interviewed and got a job (but turned it down) as a 5G product marketing and development manager at one of the big telecoms. I used gamers as the target for who we should market to. The hiring manager agreed and said that’s who they’re going after. The benefits for gamers are real, easy to see, and they’d be willing to pay (if priced right).

Imagine being able to play fighting games online with no lag? :ohlawd: especially now when no tournaments are being held due to corona

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
It isn't sidestepping at all and waiting would be viable if, and only if, earlier iterations like 4G & 3G, etc., were found to cause issues. None were found. Thinking the way you seem to think would be better, we'd still be relying on horse and buggies rather than automobiles, herd immunity rather than immunization, abacuses instead of computers, or burning coal rather than nuclear power.​

'Waiting it out' would make the United States lose WW2. I know that's an extreme example, but the type of thinking you're espousing would keep us behind, and vulnerable to, every other civilization on the planet.​

:snooze:
I find it interesting that simply recommending to apply a tighter precautionary principle is received as so dramatically anti-progress.

Waiting and testing new vaccines for 18 months through different iterations is the application of the same principle, and it doesn't send us back to the stone age. It's due diligence.

Now if there are geopolitical reasons behind the rush, then that's another thing.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Covidiots at their finest. :snoop:

Sista these idiots need to be shot. Putting up towers/climbing towers/repairing towers/putting up antennas on towers.

Is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. These guys who do that shyt die every year so we are able to use our cell phones. For a idiot to burn down a tower. They ass need to be charged with attempted murder. Cause some dudes got go out and put that tower back or or repair it...all while risking their lie and potentially dying to do it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sista these idiots need to be shot. Putting up towers/climbing towers/repairing towers/putting up antennas on towers.

Is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. These guys who do that shyt die every year so we are able to use our cell phones. For a idiot to burn down a tower. They ass need to be charged with attempted murder. Cause some dudes got go out and put that tower back or or repair it...all while risking their lie and potentially dying to do it.

You want to kill humans so your cellphone works better. You a piece of shyt and have no real value of life. FOH.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
The other "gotcha" is that Iran has no 5G and corona was still spreading like wild fire.

My biggest issue with these conspiracies is that its the uneducated bums that keep talking about this. Brehs haven't ever had to read science/medical journals, peer reviewed research papers, etc and write thesis/doctorates in their life and some how they're now radio frequency and virology experts after watching a few YouTube videos. It's really really annoying. Let's not even get started with the vaccine situation

My 2 biggest issues with 5G is that I barely get 4G in all parts of London and the privacy issues. But I'm not losing sleep over it