99% of Women say no regret after abortion

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
For one, all the licensing and regulation in the world hasn't and will never stop drunk driving or car crashes.

Secondly, what's up with you people constantly wanting more regulation and government intervention. Your elected officials are not your parents.

People should have the right to make bad decisions, but they should also have the responsibility of facing whatever consequences result from their actions good or bad. Allowing people to make terrible decisions and then rushing to absolve them of the consequences creates a situation where there is absolutely no incentive to stop making bad decisions.
I know it'll never eliminate accidents but some form regulation will at least create some barriers that should reduce incidents.

Second, I'm actually for less regulation in this instance. Denying a woman what to do with her body (good or bad) shouldn't be up to the govt.

Quality education from early childhood will minimize terrible decisions, and the likelihood of repetition. Forcing them to carry out the pregnancy is more of a punishment to the child then the mother imo. Also leaving society to pitch in to cover any gaps. This is less than ideal :yeshrug:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it'll never eliminate accidents but some form regulation well at least create some barriers that should reduce incidents.

Second, I'm actually for less regulation in this instance. Denying a woman what to do with her body (good or bad) shouldn't be up to the govt.

Quality education from early childhood will minimize terrible decisions, and the likelihood of repetition. Forcing them to carry out the pregnancy is more of a punishment to the child then the mother imo. Also leaving society to pitch in to cover any gaps. This is less than ideal :yeshrug:

Baby That Was Abandoned In A Dumpster Now Controls A $62 Million Company

Freddie Figgers deserved his right to life...

I shudder to think of how many more babies even smarter and more talented than him didn't get their opportunity

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
The decision was to drive the car drunk, flipping it and becoming paralyzed was an unintended consequence resulting in me bot being educated on drunk driving.

We should outlaw car crashes

This isn’t even a solid analogy. You’re comparing a scenario where a major consequence can be reverted to one where that’s not the case.

People have biological urge to smash and sometimes they’ll mess up. It’s not a pretty solution but abortion is better than forcing a child on an unfit mother. All that “owning up to consequences” stuff doesn’t matter in the face of that

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
If she has her life together, why not?:yeshrug: what's with the single mom bashing?
Its a universal truth that the coli dislikes single mothers, so its a loss-loss situation for a single pregnant woman..have the baby and be a single mother or abort it and be considered lost goods.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Baby That Was Abandoned In A Dumpster Now Controls A $62 Million Company

Freddie Figgers deserved his right to life...

I shudder to think of how many more babies even smarter and more talented than him didn't get their opportunity
Opportunity is not a given. There are a ton of bright, talented kids that will never have a chance simply due to their circumstance. Hell, their next meal may be their biggest concern, not fulfilling some life long dream.

Second, what can we reasonably conclude from that man's story? Is he an exception or the rule? Should all women start throwing babies in the dumpster? Will that ensure a long, fulfilling life?

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
I think hes saying people that are forced to raise a baby they don't want usually end up in poverty or low income situations. They have a better chance of not being poor if they didn't have the responsibility of a child. It prevents poverty in the future
So these are middle class, of age people, being forced to raise children and ending up poor?

Or is that people who usually are incapable of raising a child at the time and are forced to raise a kid are...already in poverty more often than not?

Half of women who get abortions in the first place live below the poverty line.

That’s different than saying abortions prevent poverty. Because if that was the case than those surroundings wouldn’t be impoverished as they are the ones who get a good chunk of abortions.

that’s like saying not buying a car prevents poverty.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If a women were to say they regretted it they would, in effect, be saying that they did in fact kill their baby. Their mind won't let them admit that, it would cause a mental breakdown.
Some serious claims you're making there breh. Are you a psychologist, or can you read the minds of women to know all this with such certainty?