ADOS Gang, What Are The Qualifications for ADOS Benefits?

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Having a group chat with a couple relatives of mine, and my cousin says the idea of land grants and business grants solely for ADOS is complicated due to some of us having consanguineal bloodlines.

I respond by saying that if you classified yourself as black and can trace your ancestry to ACS, then you would qualify for things solely for ADOS. Fast forward a little later, he goes on to saying his understanding of ADOS is having slave ancestry on both sides of your family. He says he wouldn’t qualify for ADOS benefits because of his bloodline(mom’s side is ADOS, father’s side is from the Caribbean).

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one should quality for ADOS benefits if you’re black and have American Slavery lineage. So you don’t have to have full blown AS lineage to qualify for ADOS benefits, just be black and have have ancestry that traces to AS.

Cliffs:
  • - My cousin thinks benefits solely for ADOS is tricky due to some of us having mixed bloodlines.
  • - I think you qualify for ADOS benefits if you’re black and have lineage that traces to AS(American Slavery)
  • His understanding of ADOS is having slavery lineage on both sides of your family, and he wouldn’t qualify for ADOS benefits(his mothers side is ADOS, his father’s side is from the Caribbean)
  • I believe you don’t need full blown ADOS benefits, just have to be black and have some type of AS lineage.
@Nicole0416 @HarlemHottie @Tony_Bromo @Diasporan Royalty @xoxodede @Elle Driver @AggieLean. @CHICAGO
Thoughts? Am I wrong?

-

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I believe if you can show proof via Census, Freedman Bureau, Enslaver Estate/Will Papers -- tied in to your official family tree - you should be able to benefit. Maybe not as much as one with full ADOS ancestry -- but at least partial.

On blood lines -- most ADOS have rape/violation DNA from their ancestors enslavement or violation during Reconstruction/Jim Crow.

One of my maternal 2rd Great Grandfathers is a white rapist -- he was my 3rd Great Grannie's enslaver's son. My 2nd Great Grannie was 12 years old when he raped her and had my Great Grannie at 13 years-old -- as they worked as sharecroppers on their land after emancipation. He also served in the Confederacy.

And I am sure I have more than that -- that is just what is known in my family -- and verified via DNA.

Having White blood/enslavers blood should not even come up -- cause that is just what came with enslavement and our ancestors treatment here. I am sure we will figure it all out -- but the most important thing is to get their family tree and documentation together.

Last edited:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I believe if you can show proof via Census, Freedman Bureau, Enslaver Estate/Will Papers -- tied in to your official family tree - you should be able to benefit. Maybe not as much as one with full ADOS ancestry -- but at least partial.

On blood lines -- most ADOS have rape/violation DNA from their ancestors enslavement or violation during Reconstruction/Jim Crow.

One of my maternal 2rd Great Grandfathers is a white rapist -- he was my 3rd Great Grannie's enslaver's son. My 2nd Great Grannie was 12 years old when he raped her and had my Great Grannie -- and they worked as sharecroppers on their land after emancipation. He was also served in the Confederacy.

And I am sure I have more than that -- that is just what is known in my family -- and verified via DNA.

Having White blood/enslavers blood should not even come up -- cause that is just what came with enslavement and our ancestors treatment here. I am sure we will figure it all out -- but the most important thing is to get their family tree and documentation together.

I have most of paternal side configured already..my mother's side is trickier, a lot of "outward influence" on that end, probably will have to physically go back out to Louisiana again to get more info.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I have most of paternal side configured already..my mother's side is trickier, a lot of "outward influence" on that end, probably will have to physically go back out to Louisiana again to get more info.

I totally understand. I am going to have to go to Alabama soon as well. My paternal Grannie -- I am not sure I have her information correct -- and she died way before I was born.

The issue is people having last names of their mother's husband --and not their real father. My grannie and grandfather were creepin -- and had my dad and aunt.

My last name is not what my real last name should be. My daddy took on his mom's husband last name -- his step dad -- instead of his real dad. Even though he lived with and was raised more so by his daddy.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

Here's another website - that may help:

Race and Slavery Petitions Project

You can search petitions, lawsuits -- and more. Look for surnames, locations and ancestors names -- I was lucky and found some info. It's some digging - but try it out.

It's especially useful for those in Louisiana -- as it has a Free People of Color database -- and info of them suing for their freedom -- as well as them having to register as "free."

They also list "free people of color" slave owners, property owners and held as slaves --- Race and Slavery Petitions Project

and "free black people" -- (different from Free people of color) - who were slave owners -- they were usually people who purchased their family members: Search Results

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
My pops is a Black Cubano, so I know Im only entitled to "half"......(:dahell: as if 90 miles from Florida matters) :stopitslime:

I honestly think I should get full. :whew: My Mississippi fam still on them farms! :damn:

el-viejo-hombre-cubano-comprensivo-con-el-sombrero-de-paja-hace-un-fu-16071584.jpg

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

One of my maternal 2rd Great Grandfathers is a white rapist -- he was my 3rd Great Grannie's enslaver's son. My 2nd Great Grannie was 12 years old when he raped her and had my Great Grannie at 13 years-old -- as they worked as sharecroppers on their land after emancipation. He was also served in the Confederacy.

Poor disenfranchised blacks will find it harder to provide that kind of information and they are the ones going to need this help the most.

That's why I feel like any reparations package would have to be comprehensive and cover a lot of bases (ie tax cuts, interest rates, student load forgiveness, funding of inner city schools and HBCUs, funding of homeless shelters in inner cities that are not shytty, universal health care for black people, sales tax forgiveness, etc etc) and not a one size fits all solution.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Poor disenfranchised blacks will find it harder to provide that kind of information and they are the ones going to need this help the most.

That's why I feel like any reparations package would have to be comprehensive and cover a lot of bases (ie tax cuts, interest rates, student load forgiveness, funding of inner city schools and HBCUs, funding of homeless shelters in inner cities that are not shytty, universal health care for black people, sales tax forgiveness, etc etc) and not a one size fits all solution.

Sigh.

It's available via FamilySearch.org -- and all this is accessible via Public Libraries all over the U.S. Some - well most libraries have Genealogy centers -- with free access to all genealogy websites - like Ancestry.com, Fold3, GeneologyBank.com -- all of them. In addition, to LOC files and newspapers archives all over the U.S. dating back to the 1700's.

But, the help is there -- and a lot of free genealogy groups are out there... lots.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sigh.

It's available via FamilySearch.org -- and all this is accessible via Public Libraries all over the U.S. Some - well most libraries have Genealogy centers -- with free access to all genealogy websites - like Ancestry.com, Fold3, GeneologyBank.com -- all of them. In addition, to LOC files and newspapers archives all over the U.S. dating back to the 1700's.

If you're a poor disenfranchised person living on the streets, what's the likelihood of you having access to this kind of information? What's the likelihood that you even walk into a library? Or access to the internet to retrieve this info? Every additional hoop they make us jump through to receive these benefits will just make reparations more unattainable for the people that need it the most. They'll probably do some foul shyt like have work requirements for reparations like they are trying to do for medicaid now.

My worry is that we are so concerned about excluding certain people that we are just going to end up making it harder for the people that need reparations the most.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Here's another website - that may help:

You can search petitions, lawsuits -- and more. Look for surnames, locations and ancestors names -- I was lucky and found some info. It's some digging - but try it out.

It's especially useful for those in Louisiana -- as it has a Free People of Color database -- and info of them suing for their freedom -- as well as them having to register as "free."

They also list "free people of color" slave owners, property owners and held as slaves --- Race and Slavery Petitions Project

and "free black people" -- (different from Free people of color) - who were slave owners -- they were usually people who purchased their family members: Search Results
I cant believe all the shyt Im finding :mindblown:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
If you're a poor disenfranchised person living on the streets, what's the likelihood of you having access to this kind of information? What's the likelihood that you even walk into a library? Or access to the internet to retrieve this info? Every additional hoop they make us jump through to receive these benefits will just make reparations more unattainable for the people that need it the most. They'll probably do some foul shyt like have work requirements for reparations like they are trying to do for medicaid now.

My worry is that we are so concerned about excluding certain people that we are just going to end up making it harder for the people that need reparations the most.

There will be resources for that. I am pretty sure - all Black people will band together to help others who need it. Working with homeless shelters, government assistance programs, churches, health facilities -- will be utilized to help those in need.

Those who don't have that info -- it can be a fund for them as well -- as it will help the community as a whole as well.