African-American Slaves & West Africa - History Books are Lying (pt 1 & 2)

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Breh, I'm familiar with all the tricks pulled on black folks in the 1800s when all this propaganda began to take fruition.

If they were so familiar with their origins, did they say which tribe in "Africa" they were from, or did they just regurgitate the information that white folks told them?

"Oh yeah, you live in South Carolina now, but your family is from the jungles of Africa" :win:

No "African" person even called the land mass that at that time.

If you were a native "African" you knew your tribe and what part of the land mass you were from.

Period.

They did not call the whole shyt "Africa" that is strictly a European name taught to us.

Instead of nikkas being so in a hurry to claim your "Africaness" you might want to see if there's any validity to folks trying to tell you that the real trick white folks pulled is stealing your actual birthright land right from under your noses.

Did you (or anyone) expect the U.S. Census to include the country/tribe of ENSLAVED or formerly enslaved Black people? To them they are all just Black and from Africa.

Many knew and were enslaved with their families -- so they knew their parents were directly from Africa. Many had issues understanding them sometimes - cause many didn't want to learn the language spoke very few english words.

On top of that many of the enslaved were teens and children -- that didn't even know what their tribe or country was called -- cause they never left it -- or had the opportunity to learn it due to be sold away.

Like Mrs. Chloe Spear:

Chloe Spear (c. 1767-1815) was an enslaved African woman who became the subject of two posthumous biographies. She was approximately twelve years old when she was captured and brought to America, and although no outside records confirm the circumstances or date of her transatlantic journey, her biographies suggest that she arrived in Philadelphia in 1779. Captain Gamaliel Bradford, a member of a prominent Boston family, purchased her and brought her to Boston as a family servant. Before the end of the Revolutionary War, the Bradford family took Spear with them to reside in Andover, Massachusetts, approximately twenty miles north of Boston. The Bradfords eventually returned to Boston, bringing Spear with them. She was later baptized in the Second Baptist Church in Boston; church membership records indicate that she married a man named Cesar Spear. Together, they had seven children, all of whom she outlived. After slavery was abolished by the state of Massachusetts in 1783, Spear and her husband established and managed a boarding house in Boston for seamen and laborers. She opened her home to religious meetings and social gatherings for people of all races following her husband's death, becoming a beloved figure in both white and black religious and working communities. After her death from severe arthritis and "rheumatic affections" in 1815, Spear was buried in the white Bradford family vault in Boston's Granary Burial-Place (p. 85). The first biographical account of her life was published by Dr. Thomas Baldwin, minister of the Second Baptist Church, in March 1815, two months after her death. The Memoir of Mrs. Chloe Spear, summarized here, appeared seventeen years later, in 1832.

Narrative here:
Rebecca Warren Brown Memoir of Mrs. Chloe Spear, a Native of Africa, Who was Enslaved in Childhood, and Died in Boston, January 3, 1815...Aged 65 Years. By a Lady of Boston.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I never said "Africans" weren't literate or educated before coming to America.

I KNOW that people with Africoid features were the builders of the first world civilizations, and contributed more to everything from morals/ethics, to government, to science, to mathematics, and to the arts, than any other group of people on this planet.

You're hitting me with canned responses reserved for nikkas that don't know no better.

I've never disputed that "Africans" were brought here as slaves.

What I dispute is the lie that the Mongolian "Native American" type was the only group of people found here when the Europeans first arrived.

And I also dispute the amount of "African" slaves Europeans claim they bought here during the "transatlantic slave trade."

What I stand by is the theory that there were people with Africoid physical features here when Europeans arrived, and that the majority of "slaves" on North American and South American soil were not "African slaves", but native Prisoners of War, who were forced into slavery by these same Europeans, then taught that they were foreigners from another land over time.

Sure, some did. For instance the Mississippi Choctaw:

Choctaw_group.png

or Jack Amos - who fought for the Confederacy: Jack Amos, Choctaw, Newton County, Mississippi

jack-amos.jpg

Many would list/categorize them as Black/African features -- but they clearly don't think they are.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never said "Africans" weren't literate or educated before coming to America.

I KNOW that people with Africoid features were the builders of the first world civilizations, and contributed more to everything from morals/ethics, to government, to science, to mathematics, and to the arts, than any other group of people on this planet.

Which is why I also find it ridiculous that nikkas, so set in the education given to them by white folks, would find it so hard to believe that people from the "African" continent wouldn't be able to sail here from Africa, without the assistance of Europeans, when it's only about a 30 day trip from the coast of West Africa to South America on a damn sail boat.

That shows me just how little you think of your own folks, and how much credit you give to white folks and the little education they gave you.

You're hitting me with canned responses reserved for nikkas that don't know no better.

I've never disputed that "Africans" were brought here as slaves.

What I dispute is the lie that the Mongolian "Native American" type was the only group of people found here when the Europeans first arrived.

And I also dispute the amount of "African" slaves Europeans claim they bought here during the "transatlantic slave trade."

What I stand by is the theory that there were people with Africoid physical features here when Europeans arrived, and that the majority of "slaves" on North American and South American soil were not "African slaves", but native Prisoners of War, who were forced into slavery by these same Europeans, then taught that they were foreigners from another land over time.

You fake ass wanna be nikka. White people didn't educate anybody. They were educated by Black people. Look up the education systems of the Egyptians and the Moors for your own knowledge broah.

What the Hell kind of fake ass wannabe nikka is so insulted that his ancestors might be from Africa that he has to create an alternate set of facts to pretend that his ancestors were from America the whole time? nikkas that believe in conspiracies are some crazy moafuggas.

Last edited:
Daps
Sickle cell trait and genetic testing dispelled this myth.

You're African.Embrace it or Deal with it:blessed:

This is my opinion about this versus the pan african movement etc. To me I see ancient melainated people as a subgroups of the original black man and woman of Africa. Whether we were collectively created on the continent of what is known as Africa today or in seperate areas to me I want to know about all dark melinated knowledge and use my own discernment in conjuction with other information and ancient texts.

For me im trying to put together the whole picture if that is possible. Im not into choosing African is better than Indigenous americans etc. The commmon theme amongst these groups is that there enslaved, oppressed, murdered and knowledge and history stolen, altered and destroyed in many cases.

Last edited:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First of all, Most african-americans are from west africa. Some might have roots here.

Does it matter? No.

If you want thru Nigerian or Ghana instagram you would see random ass american looking peeps. Go to South African or North African versions and those people look NOTHING LIKE US.

Only west africans have that american thick look. We are one and the same. You Cali nikkas though, no clue where yall from.

Daps
Sure, some did. For instance the Mississippi Choctaw:

Choctaw_group.png

or Jack Amos - who fought for the Confederacy: Jack Amos, Choctaw, Newton County, Mississippi

jack-amos.jpg

Many would list/categorize them as Black/African features -- but they clearly don't think they are.

I think people are just arguing semantics in here. You guys are both right the problem we are using eurocentric labels and "racial" categorization invented by them to segregate, denigrate and elevated themselves everyone else. Your right they didnt call themselves that because the concept of themselves didnt identify with or know such classifications.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
You fake ass wanna be nikka. White people didn't educate anybody. They were educated by Black people. Look up the education systems of the Egyptians and the Moors for your own knowledge broah.

What the Hell kind of fake ass wannabe nikka is so insulted that his ancestors might be from Africa that he has to create an alternate set of facts to pretend that his ancestors were from America the whole time? nikkas that believe in conspiracies are some crazy moafuggas.

What in the hell are you talking about?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I think people are just arguing semantics in here. You guys are both right the problem we are using eurocentric labels and "racial" categorization invented by them to segregate, denigrate and elevated themselves everyone else. Your right they didnt call themselves that because the concept of themselves didnt identify with or know such classifications.

Which is why I put words like Africa and African in quotations and used terms like people with Africoid physical features.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
First of all, Most african-americans are from west africa. Some might have roots here.

Does it matter? No.

If you want thru Nigerian or Ghana instagram you would see random ass american looking peeps. Go to South African or North African versions and those people look NOTHING LIKE US.

Only west africans have that american thick look. We are one and the same. You Cali nikkas though, no clue where yall from.

American “thick”? Lol bantu women in southern africa are thicker than modern day west africans and AA women

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Negroes want to distance themselves from Africa so bad it's pathetic.

It’s not about distancing ourselves from “Africa” it’s about finding out the complete truth about who we are and how we got here.

There is no disputing that “Africans” were bought here as slaves, but that’s not the only way we got here.

People with Africoid features have been coming to and settling these lands for thousands of years.

That’s all I’m saying but I forget this board is full of emotional nikkas with the reading comprehension of a 5th grader.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Did you (or anyone) expect the U.S. Census to include the country/tribe of ENSLAVED or formerly enslaved Black people? To them they are all just Black and from Africa.

Many knew and were enslaved with their families -- so they knew their parents were directly from Africa. Many had issues understanding them sometimes - cause many didn't want to learn the language spoke very few english words.

On top of that many of the enslaved were teens and children -- that didn't even know what their tribe or country was called -- cause they never left it -- or had the opportunity to learn it due to be sold away.

Like Mrs. Chloe Spear:

Chloe Spear (c. 1767-1815) was an enslaved African woman who became the subject of two posthumous biographies. She was approximately twelve years old when she was captured and brought to America, and although no outside records confirm the circumstances or date of her transatlantic journey, her biographies suggest that she arrived in Philadelphia in 1779. Captain Gamaliel Bradford, a member of a prominent Boston family, purchased her and brought her to Boston as a family servant. Before the end of the Revolutionary War, the Bradford family took Spear with them to reside in Andover, Massachusetts, approximately twenty miles north of Boston. The Bradfords eventually returned to Boston, bringing Spear with them. She was later baptized in the Second Baptist Church in Boston; church membership records indicate that she married a man named Cesar Spear. Together, they had seven children, all of whom she outlived. After slavery was abolished by the state of Massachusetts in 1783, Spear and her husband established and managed a boarding house in Boston for seamen and laborers. She opened her home to religious meetings and social gatherings for people of all races following her husband's death, becoming a beloved figure in both white and black religious and working communities. After her death from severe arthritis and "rheumatic affections" in 1815, Spear was buried in the white Bradford family vault in Boston's Granary Burial-Place (p. 85). The first biographical account of her life was published by Dr. Thomas Baldwin, minister of the Second Baptist Church, in March 1815, two months after her death. The Memoir of Mrs. Chloe Spear, summarized here, appeared seventeen years later, in 1832.

Narrative here:
Rebecca Warren Brown Memoir of Mrs. Chloe Spear, a Native of Africa, Who was Enslaved in Childhood, and Died in Boston, January 3, 1815...Aged 65 Years. By a Lady of Boston.

The most detailed info you will find is looking at slave ship logs but even then they would only say what port the slave came from so you could maybe guess the tribe/ethnic group.

Typically if a slave had a muslim name then they were more than likely from a Mande group. Those with non muslim names were often just assigned names from the crew (ive seen alot of instances where people were just given the name “boy”, or something descriptor about them, or just something random).

I did find someone with my name on ship going from the windward coast to cuba (ship was intercepted by the british).