After watching BvS 3 times, I don't understand why people disliked this movie so much

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Just watched the unedited/3 hour version last night...first time, never saw the theatrical cut.

This movie was an absolute mess....:manny:

Everything about the movie has already been stated so I'm not going to delve further into this. I know y'all heard it all before. But let me say : I don't have a problem with the tone of these movies, nor the contextual issues. I'm glad that they feel different from Marvel (Believe me, my critiques of their films are usually just as strong, just for different reasons). Nor do I care about whether or not Batman kills or Superman smiles or any of that shyt. I just think that Snyder is a bad filmmaker. On the structural level, he doesn't have it. He is SO blunt with everything, no finesse at all.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just watched the unedited/3 hour version last night...first time, never saw the theatrical cut.

Everything about the movie has already been stated so I'm not going to delve further into this. I know y'all heard it all before. But let me say : I don't have a problem with the tone of these movies, nor the contextual issues. I'm glad that they feel different from Marvel (Believe me, my critiques of their films are usually just as strong, just for different reasons). Nor do I care about whether or not Batman kills or Superman smiles or any of that shyt. I just think that Snyder is a bad filmmaker. On the structural level, he doesn't have it. He is SO blunt with everything, no finesse at all.

Yeah nuance and subtlety aren't his strong points

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I found it slow and boring... I can deal with slow but there was something about this movie that it seemed to make an effort for it to bore u... Strange feeling.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If your main gripes about the movie was Superman and Lois, honestly watch the Ultimate Edition.

Superman was underdeveloped because they took out a bunch of his scenes. Lois Lane was a damsel in distress because they took out a bunch of her scenes.

I had zero expectations when I saw this because I knew it wasn't going to be good. Here's a trick on how to tell a movie is going to be bad, if they do promo an entire week and a half before the movie comes out (late night appearances, commercials, segments with the actors themselves) then it's going to be bad. Editing was the biggest problem with this movie. The Justice League tease with the email could've been put on the extras on Blu Ray. They could've trimmed this down to 2:10 at best. Even the added Superman/Lois scenes would have stretched it to 2:30. No casual fan wants to sit 3 hrs for this.

But I liked it. :ehh:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Finally saw this movie. Was waiting for the blue ray torrent to drop :yeshrug:. For some background I liked both Watchmen and Man of Steel and I thought there was zero chance the movie would be nearly as bad as the rotten tomatoes score indicates.

Well I was wrong. This movie was fukking TRASH. Like I seriously don't think I liked one thing about it. The only halfway tolerable thing was Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Lex Luthor...jesus christ who approved this shyt? Worst performance I've ever seen in a comic book movie and I ain't even halfway joking :snoop:. This hipster wannabe fakkit pretty much ruined the movie all by himself. I dunno how they managed to stretch this plot for 3 hours either, but it definetly felt like 3 hours. Superman walks around with the same depressed look the whole movie and does nothing but get his ass beat :snoop:. Justice League and Wonder Woman was basically a throwaway story line even tho the movie stretched out forever :what:. Yeah this shyt deserved that 28% with flying colors

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Superman walks around with the same depressed look the whole movie and does nothing but get his ass beat :snoop:

pretty much this. superman is so ineffective in this movie, which is weird because of the 3 "heroes" featured he is far and away the most powerful and awe inspiring. he fumbles everything.

the movie never even takes a single moment to actually glorify him and what he can actually do. batman gets an explosive batmobile chase, a lengthy warehouse fight... all so that the audience can remain in awe of batman. even wonder woman gets her moment. she even puts up a better fight against doomsday than superman, and she takes a punch better too. when superman gets punched he goes flying thousands of feet... wonder woman just shakes it off and smiles. it's amazing.

superman's heroics and feats are completely glossed over and taken for granted. the movie never lets the audience be in awe of him.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Poorly plotted movie, poor acting from the lead antagonist, poor character development of the leads (Batman and Superman), random action sequences seem like a filler, no internal logic (courts blame superman for a massacre that was perpetrated by firearms where the ammo is on the fukking ground, then get mad at him for not saving everyone in the court house when a bomb goes off), addition of doomsday makes no sense at all, batman nightmare sequence makes no sense as they don't hint why he is even having these visions. Hamfisted intro of new Justice League near finale is completely disjointed and lame with Lexcorp making offical icons for each meta human SMH.

I could really go on and on, but the movie was just poorly thought out on the script side, it was poorly written, it was poorly directed, and it was miscasted and badly acted by people you needed to carry it.
you're right. you have convinced me that the movie is worst than I thought.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I never saw it in theatres, but it was available on amazon prime as the 3 hour version, and I agree that that move was damn near unwatchable.

the premise of batman being able to fight superman is just fukking absurd.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I avoided this thread (like most BvS threads) like the plague but boredom at work got the best of me. Brehs, I think everything has been said at this point about the movie, and it's time to move on. People are the saying the same things that they said about this movie in March and repeating 10 times in this thread has just got redundant at this point. I just remembered that I still got posters on ignore when that awful Marvel/DC war of words was going on. A low point in The Film Room's existence.:wow:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I hated... HATED Lexx

Batman was ok

Superman is getting worse by the minute
almost to the point where I never want to see him on screen again

To Date Neo in the matrix is the best "Superman" since Christopher Reaves and that's a damn shame

In my opinion DC has the best Villians yet they all suck but I guess if you can't get the hero right you have 0 chance with the villain

WW was meh.. But I didn't hate her so I guess that's a plus

Overall the movie is....ehhh

5-6/10

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Poorly plotted movie, poor acting from the lead antagonist, poor character development of the leads (Batman and Superman), random action sequences seem like a filler, no internal logic (courts blame superman for a massacre that was perpetrated by firearms where the ammo is on the fukking ground, then get mad at him for not saving everyone in the court house when a bomb goes off), addition of doomsday makes no sense at all, batman nightmare sequence makes no sense as they don't hint why he is even having these visions. Hamfisted intro of new Justice League near finale is completely disjointed and lame with Lexcorp making offical icons for each meta human SMH.

I could really go on and on, but the movie was just poorly thought out on the script side, it was poorly written, it was poorly directed, and it was miscasted and badly acted by people you needed to carry it.

This ^^^^^