After watching BvS 3 times, I don't understand why people disliked this movie so much

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The 27% was from paid critics tho, they should be above a simple like or dislike.

And this movie has been getting shytted on since it was even announced. I cant recall a single point where the vast majority wasn't totally against this movie being made.
i thought anyone could vote on rotten tomatoes... i'm sure of it.. i vote on my little movie app after i see shyt.. metacritic is the one for reviewers

i could be wrong... but you are def right... it was purely based on emotional anger of it not living up to it's high expectations

i'm really not gonna agree that this was always shytted on.... nikkas wanted to see batman and superman in the same movie since the damn 1940s

the problem was affleck (who turned out to be good) and facebook guy being luthor... i think facebook guy was the biggest mistake of all time

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Muthafukkas had logos and everything:mjlol:

That WAS dumb as fukk, also lazy as hell.

I remember someone saying Lex had a great graphic designer!:russ:

Lex giving the heroes their names and shyt:mjlol:

:dead:

Probably the dumbest fukking thing in a movie I enjoyed but had a lot of issues with. Like...this nikka actually had logos for them and shyt? So goddamn stupid. Who okayd that

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I know this breh.

28% is the average professional critics gave this movie which means the majority of critics felt like this movie is worse than batman and robin. Either that or critics overreacted with the negative reviews.

I didn't even like the movie, but I could see the hate from miles away. This movie was bound to be a critical failure.

Nope.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i thought anyone could vote on rotten tomatoes... i'm sure of it.. i vote on my little movie app after i see shyt.. metacritic is the one for reviewers
I thought RT had different scores for professional critics and regular people. I could be wrong tho.
i could be wrong... but you are def right... it was purely based on emotional anger of it not living up to it's high expectations
I don't remember the expectations being high for this movie, especially after man of steel.
i'm really not gonna agree that this was always shytted on.... nikkas wanted to see batman and superman in the same movie since the damn 1940s
True, but after this movie was announced it was immediately trashed for rushing a jl movie. I agree with people wanting to see a bvs movie but I don't remember a single point where the vast majority wasn't calling this shyt a rushed cash grab. From the beginning people were expecting a horrible movie. Reviews sounded like a bunch of "told you so" rather than an honest review
the problem was affleck (who turned out to be good) and facebook guy being luthor... i think facebook guy was the biggest mistake of all time
I agree

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Can you explain?

You said 28% gave a bad score, so that would mean the other 72% gave a positive review.

Im saying that 28% is the average when you account for all the reviews.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I thought RT had different scores for professional critics and regular people. I could be wrong tho.

I don't remember the expectations being high for this movie, especially after man of steel.

True, but after this movie was announced it was immediately trashed for rushing a jl movie. I agree with people wanting to see a bvs movie but I don't remember a single point where the vast majority wasn't calling this shyt a rushed cash grab. From the beginning people were expecting a horrible movie. Reviews sounded like a bunch of "told you so" rather than an honest review

I agree
Just checked. 27% critics. 66% fans

fukk critics tho. Nerdy ass clowns. They were just hating. That fan vote is about 4% off of IMDb votes which is fans too. So about a 6.6-7 out of 10

Superstar
Daps
Can you explain?

You said 28% gave a bad score, so that would mean the other 72% gave a positive review.

Im saying that 28% is the average when you account for all the reviews.

RT's critic tomatometer scores are made by counting how many reviewers gave a positive review and how many bad or mixed. Some publications have more weight than others though. So the 28% basically means about 28% of critics liked it or gave it a positive review.

Metacritic on the other hand either takes the score from a review or makes up a score and creates an average out of that. That's why Metacritic is moreso the barometer on determining how good the movie really is and Tomatoes just indicates whether or not the movie was good, bad, or average and if its worth seeing or not. The audience scores are totally independent of the actual score on both sites.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
RT's critic tomatometer scores are made by counting how many reviewers gave a positive review and how many bad or mixed. Some publications have more weight than others though. So the 28% basically means about 28% of critics liked it or gave it a positive review.

Metacritic on the other hand either takes the score from a review or makes up a score and creates an average out of that. That's why Metacritic is moreso the barometer on determining how good the movie really is and Tomatoes just indicates whether or not the movie was good, bad, or average and if its worth seeing or not. The audience scores are totally independent of the actual score on both sites.
Your saying exactly what I said.

I was replying to the breh that said that 28% gave it a poor review, which is the opposite.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Just checked. 27% critics. 66% fans

fukk critics tho. Nerdy ass clowns. They were just hating. That fan vote is about 4% off of IMDb votes which is fans too. So about a 6.6-7 out of 10
It's funny cause that 66% is probably where I'd rate the movie. Just shows the bias that went into the critic reviews.

Gorilla Pimp

Rookie
Daps
The movie had legit problems but they were blown out of proportion by entitled fans and over emotional neckbeard fans who came in with MCU bias.

They were hating on the film waay back when it was announced

Nolan's trilogy was also fresh in people's minds so comparisons were quickly made

Superstar
Daps
Lex Luther acting like a crack head, Henry Cavill not being able to create emotion with his face, Justice League being forced, the stupid nightmare scene that adds nothing, Doomsday looking like a ninja turtle....

The only people that enjoyed this movie care about the action scenes :heh:

Gonna say it again, the Knighmare scene was so Bruce could see the dangers of an unchecked Superman and how he could one day pose as a world-ending threat to humanity if things go awry (how many good guys are left in Gotham, how many stay that way?), while simultaneously setting up/foreshadowing a future JL movie. And this movie was anything but action for the entire first and second acts, and even then to say that a superhero movie is too action-oriented is just retarded.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it in the theatre mostly due to Batman but having now watched the ultimate edition I understand why people hate this movie.

It stinks. No redeeming qualities outside of visuals and the fight scene in the warehouse. It hit me around the hour mark this is quite bad and it just got worse.

The dialogue between Bruce and Diana after the funeral looked like Ben Afleck was holding in his laughter, this is a terrible movie brehs.

It's incredible WB are giving Goyer and Zack Snyder another go.

Bruce Timm and Paul Dini...

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Never saw the threatre version but finished the ultimate edition earlier.

Went in with no expectations and thought it was pretty good :ehh:

Not nearly as bad as the critics and online reviewers say.

The theatrical version might have been much worse tho.