Al Pacino Supports 'Scarface' Remake

Remy Danton

All Star
Daps
al_pacino.jpg

Al Pacino has no problem with Universal's planned Scarface remake.
The Hollywood Reporter exclusively revealed Wednesday that Universal was moving forward with its plans to make a new version of the crime story, which spawned a 1932 film and the 1983 version, starring Pacino as Cuban refugee turned drug kingpin Tony Montana.
When asked about this news at the New York premiere of his new film, Danny Collins, Pacino quickly said, "Oh, it's fine" and called the studio's plans "interesting." He went on to explain how he understands that that's the way things work in Hollywood.
"It's part of what we do. We remake things," Pacino told THR on the red carpet.
In fact, he might initiate a new take on another old story.
"I may remake a movie I saw recently," he teased. "I can't say what it is. It's about 50 years old."
THR reported Wednesday that Universal has tapped Straight Outta Compton writer Jonathan Herman to rewrite the script for its new Scarface, previous drafts of which were completed by Paul Attanasio and David Ayer.
The new film, originally reported to be in the works in 2011, is intended to be a new story, set in Los Angeles and exploring an immigrant's rise in the criminal underworld.
Pablo Larrain will direct the new film, which is being produced by Marc Shmuger via his Global Produce banner. Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark also are producing for Bluegrass Films. Marty Bregman, who produced the 1983 version, is also producing the new version.
Danny Collins, in which Pacino plays an aging pop star who receives a letter from John Lennon 40 years after it was sent, opens in limited release on Friday. Jennifer Garner, Annette Bening and Bobby Cannavale co-star in the Bleecker Street release, written and directed by Dan Fogelman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/al-pacino-talks-scarface-remake-783079

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
they need to do an all hip-hop version of Scarface since it's so revered.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not saying no to him supporting it. I'm saying no to it being remade. Hollywood needs to leave the classics alone. Enough with the remakes.

But they already remade Scraface..Pacino is in the remake. If they took your attitude, you never would've gotten the movie you protest shouldn't be remade