Al Pacino Supports 'Scarface' Remake

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Too many dope scenes in Scarface for it to be trash. Smh. It hasn't aged all that great but it's still classic no matter how much some people wanna discount it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
DO you understand what cult movie is? The movie was a BOMB when it was released and has only been resurrected in the early 1990s as a cult classic. Thus, it was initially ignored, but later, because its a batshyt crazy movie, people saw something in it years later and made it a cult classic. Nobody was checking for this shyt in '83, hence, it became a "cult" favorite.

And this movie is dumb and Pacino is only known for this role because its a fukking insane cartoon. Nothing else. The role is not "acclaimed" for being his best acting job because he overacted the fukk outta Tony. Tony is remembered because he's loud, crazy, and the rest of the movie is bland as eating a napkin.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=scarface.htm

i don't know breh... it was the #2 movie in the country when it dropped in '83. and the 16th highest grossing film of 1983... that's pretty damn good for a cuban gangster flick

scarface really isn't that huge in rap... nikkas hoped on the wave, right around the 25 year anniversary shyt... other than that, a few people dropped lines and had some samples... but it wasn't no major ass rap movie like beat street or crush groove or cooley high

i know what you mean... it wasn't some all star acting event.. but i don't think it was gigli status either... it was just an entertaining movie, with a lot of memorable parts and quotes, and at the time, we'd never seen anything like it.

i don't know where y'all get bland and boring and a shytty movie from... it wasn't just loved by rappers and hood nikkas... plenty plenty plenty square white people know and love scarface.. i can still watch it right now and be entertained

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=scarface.htm

i don't know breh... it was the #2 movie in the country when it dropped in '83. and the 16th highest grossing film of 1983... that's pretty damn good for a cuban gangster flick

scarface really isn't that huge in rap... nikkas hoped on the wave, right around the 25 year anniversary shyt... other than that, a few people dropped lines and had some samples... but it wasn't no major ass rap movie like beat street or crush groove or cooley high

i know what you mean... it wasn't some all star acting event.. but i don't think it was gigli status either... it was just an entertaining movie, with a lot of memorable parts and quotes, and at the time, we'd never seen anything like it.

i don't know where y'all get bland and boring and a shytty movie from... it wasn't just loved by rappers and hood nikkas... plenty plenty plenty square white people know and love scarface.. i can still watch it right now and be entertained

first time I ever heard the film scarface mentioned in rap was when ice cube said "gettin bytches and they can't stand the/1991 tony montana" on steady mobbin off death certificate in 1991.