Al Pacino Supports 'Scarface' Remake

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Scarface with Pacino is a remake of the 1932 movie

funny ass quote telling them to leave the classics alone.

Was the 1932 version a classic?never heard of it:sas1:....Plus we needed a remake with real guns:mjlol:

You cant get a gun much better then a M16 with a rocket launcher attatchment even in 2015:banderas:

Daps
:deadrose: apparently on this board breh you and i are the odd ones out. It was on Spike tv today and I tried watching it before just getting off the couch and turning the channel

You are not alone.

And I take it a step further...that movie is trash, not 'ok'. Never saw the 30's flick, but the 83 Scarface is the most overrated movie of all time.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I can understand the hate for scarface but I've noticed an increasing amount of people really going overboard with their hate much like how people went overboard with their love for the movie.:mjlol:

Film has a lot of problems, but De Palma did a beautiful job capturing the hyper nature of the Miami coke culture. I personally don't adore the movie, but every now and then it'll be on and I'll just be :ehh: :ahh: while I'm basking in all the colors used throughout the film.

The world chico and everything in it.:blessed:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
You are not alone.

And I take it a step further...that movie is trash, not 'ok'. Never saw the 30's flick, but the 83 Scarface is the most overrated movie of all time.
The '83 Scarface is like the Chronic 2001 in terms of having so many admirers and being ridiculously overrated and average to below average

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The absolute most overrated movie ever. Has anyone sat down and watched this shyt recently? Its really really bad but I know how rappers pretty much praised this trash like TG.
so y'all really believe it was rappers... who barely existed in 1983 and definitely wasn't rapping about scarface back then in abundance... are the reason this movie is an INTERNATIONAL cult favorite.. and one of Al Pacino's most well known roles... an actor with over 50 roles and a dozen classics?

:lupe:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
so y'all really believe it was rappers... who barely existed in 1983 and definitely wasn't rapping about scarface back then in abundance... are the reason this movie is an INTERNATIONAL cult favorite.. and one of Al Pacino's most well known roles... an actor with over 50 roles and a dozen classics?

:lupe:

DO you understand what cult movie is? The movie was a BOMB when it was released and has only been resurrected in the early 1990s as a cult classic. Thus, it was initially ignored, but later, because its a batshyt crazy movie, people saw something in it years later and made it a cult classic. Nobody was checking for this shyt in '83, hence, it became a "cult" favorite.

And this movie is dumb and Pacino is only known for this role because its a fukking insane cartoon. Nothing else. The role is not "acclaimed" for being his best acting job because he overacted the fukk outta Tony. Tony is remembered because he's loud, crazy, and the rest of the movie is bland as eating a napkin.