Alot of people see themselves in Katt Williams

invalid

Banned
Daps
The average person watching this thinks back to when they were at work, and the manager passed them over for another employee who worked overtime, worked on a Saturday, worked overnight and got the promotion they didn't

+ another employee who politicked (i.e. Steve Harvey).

And if it's one thing black people ain't go do on the job, it's politic.

That person seen doing that to get ahead is deemed the worst.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
When I know you’re cappin

IMG-9185.jpg

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Nah fukk that everything he said makes sense

So you think ced isn’t funny?
The whole world believes that. I repeat he has four specials none on Netflix or tubi
:laff:

How is Kevin hart on soulplane but he’s been on the east coast for four years?

Everything Katt said made sense!

Edit: OP MAKES IT SEEM LIKE KATT IS A BUM. HE fukkING DOES ARENAS AND DROPS NETFLIX SPECIALS!!!!

Last edited:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I thought the interview was hilarious and also obvious that katt williams beef was personal.

I know that he had issues with fazon love about money and michael blackson on the set of wildnout

but the celebratory comments from regular people were both concerning and problematic.
like if you are black and too successful, you must of sold your soul because u couldn't get there based on merit

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Selling your soul is basically working hard(with a little bit of luck)

If all you had to do get on was literally sell your soul/dignity then a lot more people would do it, including people you don’t want to believe.

I mean suki is the most vile woman I’ve ever seen, and she still hasn’t got “on” yet and is delegated to a ShadeRoom topic every now and then. She’s in her 30s too.

The pandemic showed how many people are willing to doing lowdown shyt for some money. Which is hilarious watching those same people accuse others of only being successful because they “sold their soul “
Mfca you sold your social security number for $10,000 :mjlol:
Well Suki DID sell her soul, remember she made that video crying about it before she actually made a break into the outskirts of mainstream.

Then later on she said that video was a "joke":picard:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Idk. Seems to me Katt is a very hard worker. You can't release that much material and not be a hard worker. I've never heard anyone say Katt Williams wasn't a hard worker. Dude has handled his entire career very meticulously. I don't think Katt views these things as a conspiracy. He's just upset that in order to accomplish his goals he has to play along with the Hollywood elites and be another puppet.

But this is nothing new. We've known for a long time how Hollywood is. And it's broken many people over the years. Strong people. Even Chapelle said if Hollywood can break a strong dude like martin it can break anybody. It's always been full of deviancy. Katt is obviously saying a lot of shyt to be funny. That's blatant. He's a comedian. But he's also speaking a lot of truth. Plenty of other people have come out and said the same things. In Hollywood, if you don't play by their rules you're not gonna make it far.
Some of it is just a matter of pure common sense.

I get what people are saying about Hollywood but let's be honest about this particular situation. Who would you rather work with, Kevin Hart or Katt Williams.

m6Zl9Ck.gif

He is the sort of person people avoid and I'll explain why with his talk with Sharp. Katt is a very selfish person when it comes to social interaction. Most people, regardless of their thoughts on an individual, act with regard to a mutual friend or associate. They would be mindful of tearing into someone if it will cause issues for that mutual contact. Katt doesn't give a shyt about that.

He's the sort of person you stay silent around when they ask if anyone's workplace is hiring. You know that he'd just start beefing with everyone in the office.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
A lot of people are legitimately haters, and it’s not from some constructive place either. It’s like the person(s) who doesn’t like you, but they follow you on social media. They’re just following you to keep tabs on your life and so they can talk shyt about you when the opportunity presents itself. Katt has some hater in him, man.

Earthquake hasn’t done anything to Katt as far as I know, and Katt was bringing up his alleged illiteracy and all for no reason. That’s legitimate hate.

Imagine this: you just got hit with two bullshyt charges because a woman was white. You’re literally on camera running away from her, you lose a role that would’ve likely made you a household name. You’re awaiting your sentencing, and you haven’t said anything. You haven’t done any interviews, etc.

Then a comedian, who you’ve likely never met in your life, you’ve never interacted with, never said a thing about gets asked a question about your circumstance on a global fukking platform—and the first thing he says is essentially unrelated to anything pertaining to your case, but is tantamount to, “Whew. Ain’t that nikka ugly?”

Why did Katt feel the need to say all that unprovoked? The question wasn’t about dude’s looks. Because Katt has some hater in him. On some psychoanalysis shyt, Freud argued things that encroach or threaten our ego, we often feel compelled to diminish. That’s what Katt does a lot. Dude was doing his thing and landing major roles. On some level, the kind of roles Katt thinks he should be doing. Didn’t he say he hasn’t had “the role” yet? In turn, what do we get?

“Oh, Jonathon Majors? That nikka ugly.”

And then dudes like @Neo The Resurrected ONE who was one of your biggest proponents not even a month ago. Now, are like, “Yeah, that nikka is ugly :wow:,” because someone he likes more right now expressed those sentiments.

There’s a lot more I could say, but I’ll end this post like this. As much as I’m conscious of black people’s struggles professionally, our inability to be mediocre and having to be exceptional, and our victimization via cronyism, nepotism, and racism. Ultimately, while these aforementioned social phenomena are indisputable regarding blacks and occupations; despite that, there’s a gradient.

If you’re constantly seeking and looking for reasons why you don’t have what this person has or didn’t get what that person got, life will provide you almost innumerable reasons and people you could blame. Moreover, depriving you of all wherewithal to be accountable. It’s a skill set to be able to recognize when I didn’t acquire this thing because of some impasse beyond my control, and when it didn’t happen because of me.

Last edited: