Am I the only one that feels like Dogg Pound’s “Dillinger & Young Gotti” was an unsung classic?

Superstar
Daps
I remember getting picked up in my big cousin’s car to go visit his college campus and we stopped by the local music store to get some new music. He grabbed the new Dogg Pound album, and immediately put it in when we got in the car.

It was a 2 hour ride and he played it non stop. From the moment “Dipp with me” started playing I was hooked.

Daz has always been one of my favorite producers. The way The production and lyrics meshed made me imagine I was spending a day in Los Angeles or that they just had one long ass party in the studio and didn’t stop recording until everybody was passed out. The features fit in perfectly. The production fit the theme of every song and helped every song transition to the next. It was one of my last memories of Kurupt truly spitting, before he started sounding like he was just randomly grabbing words, that rhymed, out of a thesaurus.

As much as I love Dogg Food, D & YG became my favorite. I’ve always felt like this one went under the radar outside of hardcore Daz & Kurupt fans.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I respect your opinion but it ain’t touching Dogg Food in any shape or form breh

Some classics tracks on there tho imo
Same. I like the album a lot, but it's nowhere close to Dogg Food for me.

I remember hearing Dipp Wit Me on the radio one night at work and was like ":gladbron: Dogg Pound back? :blessed: " and went to buy the album as soon as I got paid.

shyt Happenz still gets played at least once every other week or so :yes:

I think this came out around the same time as that Death Row 2002 album, but I barely remember that one aside from the Change The Game Remix.