Anonymous NFL scout says what we all know is happening to Lamar Jackson in the NFL Draft

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
I simply believe he lacks the TALENT to be a great NFL player.

He's short and unathletic. That's typically not a good combination is professional sports.

My NFL comp for him is Case Keenum. You give Baker Mayfield a loaded team like Barnum had last year in Minnesota and he can be successful. However, you put him on a bad team without talent and it could get real ugly.

Baker Mayfield is simply not talented enough to raise the level of his team. He's a product of the Oklahoma/Big 12/air raid system IMO.
Yeah, his height and lack of athleticism is definitely a worry. I can't argue with you on any of your points.

To be fair, I'm biased here - I'd love to see a bit of a hellraiser at QB. Probably not the smartest thing (the Jets aren't my team :lolbron:) but as a fan I still want to see it.

A little fukkery at QB for once would be welcome :russ::russ:

As far as Josh Allen goes - I'm with you all the way on him. Give him 2-3 years to develop and I think his ceiling is John Elway. Extremely bright, extremely athletic (6 foot 5 running a 4.75 40??? :leon::leon::leon:) and he throws gotdamn ICBMs.

People forget that his first 10 years in the league, Elway almost threw more picks than touchdowns (158 TDs to 157 INTs) :mjlol::mjlol::russ::russ::russ:

But then he turned into a fukkin monster :demonic::demonic:, and never let up until he retired.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Multiple Hall of Fame QBs have scored in a similar range.

Dan Marino famously scored a 15 or 16 on the Wonderlic and I don't think anyone ever saud he lacked the intelligence to play the position.

Steve McNair scored a 15 as well and went on to win an MVP and lead his team to the Super Bowl.

Lamar Jackson has no issues with intelligence. This is nothing more than RACISM.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...I think its one of the most important aspects of QB evaluation, especially given the complexity of offenses and the speed of defenses nowdays.

But we'll see. You might end up right on him, and I'll give you your due props if he turns out OK as an NFL QB :salute:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...I think its one of the most important aspects of QB evaluation, especially given the complexity of offenses and the speed of defenses nowdays.

But we'll see. You might end up right on him, and I'll give you your due props if he turns out OK as an NFL QB :salute:
You make it seem like the the test is football related :mjlol:

Daps
I'm curious if Lamar lacks intelligence or preparation. Most prospects have agents hooking them up with a plethora of practice Wonderlics and training courses to be ready for the real thing. Momma may not have had the wherewithal to get him adequately prepped.

Accountants, chemists and engineers typically score between 29 and 31. You mean to tell me all these QBs have that level of intelligence? Reasonably smart guys....yes.....but if they had it like that, a good chunk of these prospects would be graduating Magna or Summa Cum Laude after majoring in communications. Besides, we only get scores from a few top prospects so it's hard to judge how the draft classes as a whole perform.

Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott scored a 32, which is great for a QB or OL, and damn near unheard of for a RB. Yet he made dumbazz decisions off the field. Tony Romo scored a 37....but he'd still throw it up to Dez on 4th and 2 in Green Bay instead of hitting Cole Beasley on the quick slant :francis:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

He could be a football Prodigy that just Gets football. Those exist everywhere.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: those Hawaii and Colorado st games etc he really showed out eh? He fukking stinks

Breh it only takes 2-3 throws to see this guy is SPECIAL.

Go watch him play against Boise St. He makes some of the most unbelievable throws I've ever seen nearly every game.

Josh Allen is a generational QB talent.

IMO he's a better prospect than Andrew Luck who they hyped up 6 years ago.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He really doesn’t have a agent?

That’s a bad move on his part just like his wonderlic score

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
He's gonna be so terrifying in the league.

NFL franchise HAS to see this. All this stuff we're hearing from the media, all these mocks are one thing, but behind the closed doors are another.

I refuse to believe he's not higher on teams list.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s pattern recognition, memory and solving puzzles.

It’s not a conspiracy.

I had to take a few for jobs and scored in the 30s. Scoring 13 is really bad.
I mean to be honest if youve listened to him during interviews you already knew he wasnt that bright:yeshrug:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Can the giants pick him up in a later round? I think we are sticking with Eli for a year or two so we can transition him to replace Eli

And hopefully get Barkley