Anonymous NFL scout says what we all know is happening to Lamar Jackson in the NFL Draft

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Saw a tweet that said no QB with a wonderlic under 20 never won a SB....

Idk when they started doing that test

marino got a 13...but he also never won

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You can take sample Wonderlics online but, here's a question I remember from job interviews.

How many of these pairs are identical?

48499 48499
959000 959000
133243 122434
23857 23857
102302 120312

If you can't answer simple ass questions like that you're retarded :aicmon:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
You make it seem like the the test is football related :mjlol:
Whether or not the test is football related has nothing to do with its validity.

Its meant to test general intelligence. Something that researchers know, from literally 100 years of studying this, is that general intelligence is extremely strongly correlated with performance across a wide variety of occupations. Football included. It isn't an accident that Aaron Rodgers scored a 35, or that Tom Brady scored a 33. There's a reason Bill Belichick selected Brady in the 6th round even with his :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: combine performance and obvious lack of athleticism :lolbron: - such a high level of intelligence (~127 IQ when converted from the Wonderlic scoring system) coupled with his performance at Michigan made him an absolute steal.

Just to let you know, a 127 IQ puts Brady in the top 4.5% of the US population in terms of intelligence. And Rodgers' 130 IQ puts him in the top 3%.

Are there outliers? Absolutely. There are people with 80 IQs who are able to make billions of dollars. Dan Marino killed it for years in the league with a low Wonderlic score. :blessed:

But on average, across populations, a low IQ indicates a lower probability of success in complex, rapidly-changing situations. Think of it as a measurement of mental horsepower.

All things considered, I would want my QB to have as much mental horsepower at his disposal as possible - it would give me far greater confidence in his ability to handle complex and rapidly-changing situations, and would give me more flexibility in the type of offense I designed for him to run. :manny:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether or not the test is football related has nothing to do with its validity.

Its meant to test general intelligence. Something that researchers know, from literally 100 years of studying this, is that general intelligence is extremely strongly correlated with performance across a wide variety of occupations. Football included. It isn't an accident that Aaron Rodgers scored a 35, or that Tom Brady scored a 33. There's a reason Bill Belichick selected Brady in the 6th round even with his :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: combine performance and obvious lack of athleticism :lolbron: - such a high level of intelligence (~127 IQ when converted from the Wonderlic scoring system) coupled with his performance at Michigan made him an absolute steal.

Just to let you know, a 127 IQ puts Brady in the top 4.5% of the US population in terms of intelligence. And Rodgers' 130 IQ puts him in the top 3%.

Are there outliers? Absolutely. There are people with 80 IQs who are able to make billions of dollars. Dan Marino killed it for years in the league with a low Wonderlic score. :blessed:

But on average, across populations, a low IQ indicates a lower probability of success in complex, rapidly-changing situations. Think of it as a measurement of mental horsepower.

All things considered, I would want my QB to have as much mental horsepower at his disposal as possible - it would give me far greater confidence in his ability to handle complex and rapidly-changing situations, and would give me more flexibility in the type of offense I designed for him to run. :manny:
What in football is complex? I'm pretty sure I could in 1 week of study under stand the most complicated defensive concepts. It's not like writing some complex banking application or something :mjlol:

Stop fam Tom Brady just stands there and throws a ball.

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, his height and lack of athleticism is definitely a worry. I can't argue with you on any of your points.

To be fair, I'm biased here - I'd love to see a bit of a hellraiser at QB. Probably not the smartest thing (the Jets aren't my team :lolbron:) but as a fan I still want to see it.

A little fukkery at QB for once would be welcome :russ::russ:

As far as Josh Allen goes - I'm with you all the way on him. Give him 2-3 years to develop and I think his ceiling is John Elway. Extremely bright, extremely athletic (6 foot 5 running a 4.75 40??? :leon::leon::leon:) and he throws gotdamn ICBMs.

People forget that his first 10 years in the league, Elway almost threw more picks than touchdowns (158 TDs to 157 INTs) :mjlol::mjlol::russ::russ::russ:

But then he turned into a fukkin monster :demonic::demonic:, and never let up until he retired.

Yeah he got a lot better when #30 joined him in the backfield.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Saw a tweet that said no QB with a wonderlic under 20 never won a SB....

Idk when they started doing that test

marino got a 13...but he also never won

Didn't Terry Bradshaw win like four? He had one of the worst Wonderlic scores ever.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Didn't Terry Bradshaw win like four? He had one of the worst Wonderlic scores ever.

only had a wonderlic test score of 16 out of a possible 50. His only substantial career stat that could reflect his poor test score would be his 210 interceptions and 307 times he was sacked.

Yeah i knew this hulk hogan hair cac was dumb lol...before that post i didnt google...idk why that nfl writer wrote that

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did you say the same about Watson last year before the draft? :Mjfukkup:

You goofy motherfukker

:gucci:

Todd McShay can keep flip flopping on Deshaun Watson.
But there has to be no doubt that Watson is big time in big games.

23 of 36 for 259 yards and 1 TD
15 rushes, 52 yards and 2 TD

...against a very tough OSU defense.

Someone needs to explain why Watson needs to be in some special situation but some 1 year wondercac at UNC could be drafted to play anywhere.

Trubisky is being widely ranked as the #1 QB in this class despite starting for just 1 season, playing almost nobody of importance, accomplishing fukking NOTHING and he's being ranked over Deshaun Watson who had 2 of the fukking greatest National Championship game performances in back to back years....why?

Because he's tall and white.
That's why.

Not to mention basically every post in this thread.
Todd McShay: DeShaun Watson isn't a 1st round QB. If Trubisky doesn't leave no QBs in 1st round"