Another Walmart Closing

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they just want to open up businesses in white neighborhoods that wont patron their stores and would go bankrupt so they make those black people come to them in white areas under the guise of "support black owned businesses".

If youre not serving the black community then you really aren't a black business even if you are one. You just use that as a dog whistle for black people to keep you in business cause the white folks wont.

These liberal white people keep them in business. I've seen too many examples of it.

Ray D’Angelo Harris

Silky smooth
Daps
Reppin
#dogset
The combination of being in a low income area(meaning your consumer base doesn’t have enough to spend on a consistent enough basis to turn a worthy profit), and a high rate of loss/theft = easy decision for any business to make to just pack up and move elsewhere. Sucks, but it’s the reality of the situation.
:yeshrug:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
No they just want to open up businesses in white neighborhoods that wont patron their stores and would go bankrupt so they make those black people come to them in white areas under the guise of "support black owned businesses".

If youre not serving the black community then you really aren't a black business even if you are one. You just use that as a dog whistle for black people to keep you in business cause the white folks wont.
Exactly. You ain't a "black business" if your money is going back into the hands of non-blacks. Commitment is a two-way street. Black businesses need to commit to the community too, and if they aren't willing to do that, then they can stop getting upset when the community doesn't support them to their liking.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The thing about white people is they won't turn down black dollars in most scenarios. This can't be about racism, what other reasons would they shut down the store?

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
She asked the important question.

Where are the black grocery stores??? :francis:

Also, need black farmers if that's going to happen.

the walmart that closed right by me closed 2 weeks ago, but it was literally adjacent to 3 other grocery stores. all of which are superior in terms of food quality to walmart. losing a big box retailer sucks for my convenience, but it certainly didn't create a food desert here.

now, I have to make a 10 minute drive to get to walmart instead of a 2 minute one.

also, the 4 walmarts that closed in chicago, 2 were in the black neighborhoods, with one being right near :obama: crib.

and the other 2 were in white neighborhoods. I'm still calling :duck: on the theft excuse tho. that shyt might play in 2020 after the george floyd riots, but why double down and rebuild the entire store, and then build out a separate walmart academy and a walmart health clinic as well on the same property, only to abandon everything a couple years later???

as for black grocery stores, those are as hard to find as a black gas station.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If a conglomerate like Walmart couldn’t survive in those communities and turn a profit, then smaller businesses wouldn’t last either and would probably close quicker.

Regardless whether it’s Black, White, or Hispanic people where you have a lot of low income you tend to have a bunch of out in the open fukkery too.

It’s a lot of fukkery in those affluent neighborhoods and areas too, but they do a much better job of keeping that shyt behind closed doors.

Those big box businesses ain’t sticking with nothing that isn’t turning a profit for them.

my homie, who lives in a predominantly white suburb, they just closed one of the walmarts in his town a couple months ago. and they also lost their target a couple years ago. how do u explain that? I certainly can't blame it on the neighborhood demographics being the determining factor.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
They’re just gonna have to drive further to the grocery store… I stayed in a ruff area as a kid and we had nothing in our neighborhood so we had to drive to the east side for groceries… now we have a food max, and that’s all we have besides a dollar general… basically stores who take ebt.

costco and sam's club take EBT. it's not just corner stores taking them food stamps.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
my homie, who lives in a predominantly white suburb, they just closed one of the walmarts in his town a couple months ago. and they also lost their target a couple years ago. how do u explain that? I certainly can't blame it on the neighborhood demographics being the determining factor.

yeah, they saying foot traffic has decreased too much (aka revenue and profit). It is what it is.