Any Uber Partners outchea?

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
Seriously thinkin' about takin' this up on the weekends for some extra pocket change. Do you/did you drive? What was the experience? Schedule? How you much cake you make? I'd be driving in the Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater metro areas, for reference...

This could be an extra hustle...:patrice:..or the potential to be robbed...:mjcry:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Seriously thinkin' about takin' this up on the weekends for some extra pocket change. Do you/did you drive? What was the experience? Schedule? How you much cake you make? I'd be driving in the Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater metro areas, for reference...

This could be an extra hustle...:patrice:..or the potential to be robbed...:mjcry:
Potential to make a lot..it all depends how you put in

It's easiest hustle
Pays my gas and car note

I've had good experience so far.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
I did it twice....made like $20 per trip.

It was a cool experience. I basically picked people up from the airport. I brought them to the base.

You download the app and turn it 'on' to indicate when you're available. You can make yourself available at any time. So your schedule is flexible.

Dress nicely. Don't ask for a tip, but they are allowed to give you one.

Keep a clean car.

The passengers do not pay you. Uber will pay you next week for your trips.

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
I did it twice....made like $20 per trip.

It was a cool experience. I basically picked people up from the airport. I brought them to the base.

You download the app and turn it 'on' to indicate when you're available. You can make yourself available at any time. So your schedule is flexible.

Dress nicely. Don't ask for a tip, but they are allowed to give you one.

Keep a clean car.

The passengers do not pay you. Uber will pay you next week for your trips.
Word. Thanks for the details. Did you have any decals or anything on your car to let them know you're with Uber? Did anyone try to make conversation? Did you have any music playing?

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Word. Thanks for the details. Did you have any decals or anything on your car to let them know you're with Uber? Did anyone try to make conversation? Did you have any music playing?
No decals for me...I am in Virginia though. Each state may have different requirements..but Uber will let you know.

They will also let you know what your car requirements are. You will need proof of insurance, proof of inspection, vehicle registration photo,a photo of yourself, a picture of your license. They will also do a background check.

Yes...my passengers were talkative. I was just cordial and friendly though.

I didn't play any music. If you decide to play music, make sure its tasteful and at a low volume. They may want to use their phone...and you don't want want to offend anyone...so don't start playing that new Rick Ross mixtape or anything.

AlwaysLurkin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe: just signed up,I can't dress in sweats and a white tee to pick these folks up?Anyone else doing it?

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
I'm doing it now out at TomorrowWorld. I wear a collared shirt or sometimes whatever I feel like wearing. :manny:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I do it on the side sometimes. Sometimes I work the area I live in or head downtown where the dough is. Colleges are always popping.

Every now and then tho you get someone who wants to go way out the way and you weren't planning on working that long.

I dress in whatever tho. I wore a beater once
:mjlol:
I play music depending on who the rider is. White folks get sports talk. Black women get the local urban stations. nikkas and foreigners get whatever ignorant shyt I feel like listening to

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
How much do you make in a day?

Between $80(city) - $150(airport runs)

I usually do nights and early mornings on the Westside of Atlanta, white people are scared to come to the black side of town.

In Atlanta it's always a festival or music concert somewhere this time of year.

If someone likes you they'll pay more just to have you pick them up and drop them off. I have a stripper I pick up from work she gives me $40 outside of Uber and she lives 3 miles from me. I have another woman who does a lot of flying she pays me between $50-$100 every time.

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Side hustle of the century (easy money doing something you do most days anyway if you drive) ...no schedule, no boss per se, meet interesting people, bad bytches get in your car :ohlawd:, but I keep the thirst at bay........usually.

Money?....:patrice:....Conceptually, it is an amazing idea....but don't make it a career if you don't have to....think of it as guaranteed money every week if you need to pay off some bills, want some play money, want to make up for an irrational shopping spree you had, saving up some coinage for a trip or in general..

There are "tricks" to maximizing your time and money, like guarantees, big events or days that will see surge pricing. That's how I work, randomly driving without knowing the "tricks" is :martin:......every city is different though. To the company' s credit they do tell you when big events are in town. Check this site www.uberpeople.net

By the way .....drivers are just guinea pigs.............when those driverless cars hit the streets, which is the real mission of the company, its a wrap...:francis:

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easy. Ass. Money.

I hate driving through traffic but this is an absolutely great hustle. I can sit at a coffee shop at my downtown, study or do work, and get like 5-6 quick trips to make some easy bank.

Quick tips -

-Keep your car clean and try to keep it smelling ok. I smoke a ton of weed so I make extra sure to air my car out

-I keep a little cooler of water bottles in my front seat since I'm typically dealing with a lot of tipsy and drunk people. I've gotten regulars based off this and it actually seems to make people more comfortable tipping you

-Seat covers ans trash/plastic bags in your glove box. Uber will reimburse you if someone throws up in your car but it's still a pain in the ass.

-Be perceptive with who you're dealing with. I've made connections with people that I've picked up that have benefited me socially and economically. Keep business cards on hand.

-Extremely easy money if you have a gas efficient car, don't mind traffic, and you want a little extra spending cash.