Any Uber Partners outchea?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No decals for me...I am in Virginia though. Each state may have different requirements..but Uber will let you know.

They will also let you know what your car requirements are. You will need proof of insurance, proof of inspection, vehicle registration photo,a photo of yourself, a picture of your license. They will also do a background check.

Yes...my passengers were talkative. I was just cordial and friendly though.

I didn't play any music. If you decide to play music, make sure its tasteful and at a low volume. They may want to use their phone...and you don't want want to offend anyone...so don't start playing that new Rick Ross mixtape or anything.
:mjpls:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Standard professionalism breh.

When I just returned from vacation, we needed a ride from the airport and dude was playing some of that Kenny G smooth music. It alleviated stress and made the ride relaxing after a bunch of rushing , rude people, and being generally exhausted.

Thats just my viewpoint though. I wear a few different hats and don't let my worlds collide.

:ufdup:

On another note, I haven't driven for Uber in months and l don't think I am considered an 'active driver'. I would have to contact them to reactivate, I guess. But I really think I am out of the game. I did it for the experience and to open a line of potential income.

For those of you making real money outchea, remember that you will be required pay taxes on that income.

:mjx:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Standard professionalism breh.

When I just returned from vacation, we needed a ride from the airport and dude was playing some of that Kenny G smooth music. It alleviated stress and made the ride relaxing after a bunch of rushing , rude people, and being generally exhausted.

Thats just my viewpoint though. I wear a few different hats and don't let my worlds collide.

:ufdup:

On another note, I haven't driven for Uber in months and l don't think I am considered an 'active driver'. I would have to contact them to reactivate, I guess. But I really think I am out of the game. I did it for the experience and to open a line of potential income.

For those of you making real money outchea, remember that you will be required pay taxes on that income.

:mjx:
I thought über paid the taxes.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait I thought you weren't supposed to tip the drivers?

I've been using Uber for months now and I've never tipped the driver? Am I messed up for that? :dwillhuh:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
I thought über paid the taxes.
You are considered an independent contractor as an Uber Driver. You will be considered as a business owner. They will report how much they paid you. They will send you the income documents at the of the year and you will be required to pay taxes on that income. Although, if you itemize properly, you can minimize your tax expense.

This is the way it usually works.

Don't make and spend all of your Uber money thinking its under the table money, brehs.

:francis:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Word. Thanks for the details. Did you have any decals or anything on your car to let them know you're with Uber? Did anyone try to make conversation? Did you have any music playing?
Car has to be older than 2005

I picked up 2 younger females
They kept asking me to play drake

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I've been doing it since April. I keep my car clean and keep cold gatorade and water to give to passengers if they're thirsty. I keep the aux cord out if anyone wants to listen to their own music or otherwise, I will just keep it on the radio. On a slow night, I may only make 20 bucks in 2 hours but some nights, I've made over 300. I did have someone throw up in the back seat of my car and I took pictures of it and sent it to Uber. 3 hours later, they emailed me back and said they charged the person a $200 cleaning fee on top of their fare and they would give it to me on the next check. I've made so much driving for Uber that I've quit my main job until I finish school and I just do Uber along with another hustle.

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
Word. Thanks for the details. Did you have any decals or anything on your car to let them know you're with Uber? Did anyone try to make conversation? Did you have any music playing?

In Houston. You have to get a TNC license. Basically, it's just a background check, drug test, and fingerprints. You also have to keep a fire extinguisher in the car within arms reach. They will give you time to get it but if you take too long, they will lock your account so you can't drive until you get the decal.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been doing it since April. I keep my car clean and keep cold gatorade and water to give to passengers if they're thirsty. I keep the aux cord out if anyone wants to listen to their own music or otherwise, I will just keep it on the radio. On a slow night, I may only make 20 bucks in 2 hours but some nights, I've made over 300. I did have someone throw up in the back seat of my car and I took pictures of it and sent it to Uber. 3 hours later, they emailed me back and said they charged the person a $200 cleaning fee on top of their fare and they would give it to me on the next check. I've made so much driving for Uber that I've quit my main job until I finish school and I just do Uber along with another hustle.
They pay you every week?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
In Houston. You have to get a TNC license. Basically, it's just a background check, drug test, and fingerprints. You also have to keep a fire extinguisher in the car within arms reach. They will give you time to get it but if you take too long, they will lock your account so you can't drive until you get the decal.

I've been wondering what the potential income is like here in Houston. How much would you say you make on the weekends breh?