Anybody do a 24-hour fast?

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've read that abstaining from from food for a 24-hour period naturally increases your human growth hormone level by up to 2000%. Does anyone incorporate fasting into their diet? Have you don the 24-hour fast before? If so, what were your results?

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I've done it several times. I've been slipping on my fasting regimen lately but I usually can go 20-24 hours between meals. The best thing was that I could really tell when I was actually hungry, and not just on some "it's time to eat cause it's12:00". I also noticed small stuff that could be considered "detox" like my allergies clearing up, having better sleep. It had been said that when the body doesn't have to worry about digesting food, it can focus on clearing out the bad stuff in your body. Make sure you don't go too long for no reason, and listen to your body. I hit a wall one day, I had gone longer than 24 hrs, not even planned, just work and everything. I had swam laps for 45 minutes during my lunch break, on an empty stomach, then I was out at a congregation meeting, and I remember feeling like somebody had turned my switch off. I was mad lethargic and tired. And when I got home, I had to FORCE myself to eat even though it had been something like 27 hrs.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The human growth spike is way overblown. It is negligible. The real upside to fasting is control over calorie intake, and if you eat better meals within your window, you can spend LESS on food
since you don't snack throughout the day.

I can do 48 hours+ no problem, but it gets tougher after 36 unless you drink water spiked with some lemon juice or something. Eating air sandwiches gets old.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've done it several times. I've been slipping on my fasting regimen lately but I usually can go 20-24 hours between meals. The best thing was that I could really tell when I was actually hungry, and not just on some "it's time to eat cause it's12:00". I also noticed small stuff that could be considered "detox" like my allergies clearing up, having better sleep. It had been said that when the body doesn't have to worry about digesting food, it can focus on clearing out the bad stuff in your body. Make sure you don't go too long for no reason, and listen to your body. I hit a wall one day, I had gone longer than 24 hrs, not even planned, just work and everything. I had swam laps for 45 minutes during my lunch break, on an empty stomach, then I was out at a congregation meeting, and I remember feeling like somebody had turned my switch off. I was mad lethargic and tired. And when I got home, I had to FORCE myself to eat even though it had been something like 27 hrs.
So you eat absolutely nothing, right? Not even a protein shake? You just drink water?

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Zero calories. So I'll have coffee, which I don't drink a lot of, diet soda, and mainly water. I have a 100 oz jug that I got at the has station that I keep filled with ice water and I can drink that by mid afternoon
coffee does have calories.... 1 calorie to be specific :pachaha:

Daps
Every now and then, but when I'm on my IF I do an 18 hour fast daily...lunch at 12ish, dinner at 6ish