AR-15 Inventor’s Family: It Was Never Meant for Civilians

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Auto AR's are pointless to me except for some kind of cover fire on the battlefield. I would say semi autos are pointless for regular people too unless you're having fun on your private gun range. Hunting with one seems kinda badass but they're kinda expensive and some states don't allow them for that purpose.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Rifles - AR 15's, Mini 14's, Ruger 10/22 etc - kill like just 250 people a year. 250 out of 320,000,000 is nothing.

Rifles kill 1 person for each 1.5 million people.

While handguns kill over 6000 a year.
Shotguns kill 300 + which is more than rifles kill.

Banning rifles that look scary (AR 15's but not Mini 14's, which are the same but look diff) is pointless.

If you wanna stop people dying from guns wouldn't you wanna ban the handguns that kill 6000+, instead of rifles which kill like 250 people?

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh. Yeah that makes since. None, the weapon is too heavy, really unless you're going hunting handguns should only be allowed. At gun ranges you should be able to shoot certain guns, but never own something like an AR...Unless you're willing to be in the Military. Because if you wanna shoot guns like that then you need to be.
There is no difference between the average AR 15 being sold and the ranchers wooden Mini 14 which are sold everywhere. The only difference is the cosmetics. Both can shoot the same round at the same velocity.

AR scares people cause it looks so military. When other guns which look more accepting are just as effective at killing.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There is no difference between the average AR 15 being sold and the ranchers wooden Mini 14 which are sold everywhere. The only difference is the cosmetics. Both can shoot the same round at the same velocity.

AR scares people cause it looks so military. When other guns which look more accepting are just as effective at killing.

You probably believe that.

:lolbron:

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You probably believe that.

:lolbron:
The club shooter did not even use an AR 15.

In what way is a semi automatic Mini 14 firing .223 rounds any more or less dangerous than an AR 15 firing the exact same round?

Do you think the black paint and pistol grip makes the round more deadly or something?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The club shooter did not even use an AR 15.

In what way is a semi automatic Mini 14 firing .223 rounds any more or less dangerous than an AR 15 firing the exact same round?

Do you think the black paint and pistol grip makes the round more deadly or something?

It's a stupid talking point. People are pissed off about semiautomatic rifles because they're used to kill people.

Please don't parrot some autistic thing to me about handguns and shotguns. People are mad about their use as well.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

people are pussies that's why.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a stupid talking point. People are pissed off about semiautomatic rifles because they're used to kill people.

Please don't parrot some autistic thing to me about handguns and shotguns. People are mad about their use as well.
You the type of cat to avoid everything someone says and respond with a generic "people are mad" type post:mjlol: :usure:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
You the type of cat to avoid everything someone says and respond with a generic "people are mad" type post:mjlol: :usure:
Actually you ignored his point first. He laughed at your statement that people react to the AR and remain indifferent towards other types of guns. No. Most people are afraid of all types of guns.

The argument over the utility of the AR in the public realm personifies the gun debate. It shows that no matter how much gun enthusiasts proclaim that they support common sense reform, they become obsessive and protective when a fire arm they like is called into question.

People afraid of guns point out the AR. Gun enthusiasts run through a spectrum of stats about the gun, then state 2 points that contradict common sense reform:
- other guns can do the same damage (I'm so relieved!)
- "You're only scared because you don't know anything about guns."

It's completely tone deaf.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
The semi auto versions seems just as deadly from what I've seen. Our military used semi automatic weapons through Nam.

:francis: Mostly to conserve ammo...when your supply is by helicopter that doesnt come every day every round counts.. they probably would have preferrred the option of going full auto like the viet cong

Last edited:

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually you ignored his point first. He laughed at your statement that people react to the AR and remain indifferent towards other types of guns. No. Most people are afraid of all types of guns.

The argument over the utility of the AR in the public realm personifies the gun debate. It shows that no matter how much gun enthusiasts proclaim that they support common sense reform, they become obsessive and protective when a fire arm they like is called into question.

People afraid of guns point out the AR. Gun enthusiasts run through a spectrum of stats about the gun, then state 2 points that contradict common sense reform:
- other guns can do the same damage (I'm so relieved!)
- "You're only scared because you don't know anything about guns."

It's completely tone deaf.
Incorrect. He bolded that most people are scared of an AR cause it looks like a military gun. Implying that people are scared of an AR not because of it's looks, but it's capacity. Then he posted a smiley. So what point did i ignore again? A smiley equals a point now?

Where did i say people remain "indifferent" to other weapons? I never said that.

What is the proof that most people are afraid of all guns? You think most people in Lousiana are afraid of all guns? Surely culture, location and exposure influence each individual?

Again. Just like the OP. You cackle on about an AR. Yet handguns kill 6000. Rifles 250. Shotguns 300.

Why are you so obsessed with the AR 15? The gun in the club shooting was not an AR.

What is tone deaf is the people who rattle on about AR 15's and gun laws when rifles kill practically no one. 250 out of 320 MILLION.

Yet these same people wanting to ban AR 15's
a) Usually know nothing about the weapon
b) Don't care about other rifles
c) Care more about the AR than handguns which cause almost all the gun violence
Of course people are going to resist people who want to ban a weapon out of fear and not evidence or facts.

I respect someone who goes after handguns a lot more than those that wanna ban "the machine gun."

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

Incorrect. He bolded that most people are scared of an AR cause it looks like a military gun.

This is so fukkn stupid to argue that the rest of your statement doesn't deserve to be read.