Are black people against learning trades?

Best Trade to Learn?

• HVAC

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Plumbing

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Electrical

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Welding

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Carpentry

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Pipefitting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Which trade interests you?
Answered above, but Electrician. A dude that works with my mother was asking her about me, because he's apart of one of the black electrician unions here in Chicago and they are really pushing to get more of us in the field.

It's something I can see myself doing cause corporate america just isn't my thing, and the potential to be making $45/hr or even starting my own business looks good to me.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Damn that's dope, you lucky. I loved to be working/learn trades around other blacks folks, it felt a little :mjpls:at my orientation... If I was you I'd try HVAC since you in Texas and it stay hot, people always gonna need air conditioning.

how long is the HVAC program at yo spot ?

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Answered above, but Electrician. A dude that works with my mother was asking her about me, because he's apart of one of the black electrician unions here in Chicago and they are really pushing to get more of us in the field.

It's something I can see myself doing cause corporate america just isn't my thing, and the potential to be making $45/hr or even starting my own business looks good to me.

:wow:

Need to find something like that

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
We need an assortment of black tradesmen simple to be able to call black to do the jobs needed. Take these crackers money and stimulate us. Never know my kid may need a quick gig and he can depend on his people.

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I would have liked to learn but aren't these classes expensive??? :patrice:
No not at all. It's in fact much cheaper than going to a four year school and if you're lucky you can get an apprenticeship then you won't have to pay much at all maybe a small entrance fee if I remember correctly.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No not at all. It's in fact much cheaper than going to a four year school and if you're lucky you can get an apprenticeship then you won't have to pay much at all maybe a small entrance fee if I remember correctly.

Any information about school or classes in new york? :ehh:

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Any information about school or classes in new york? :ehh:
These are all the ones I've visited in NY. All accredited and professional, you just have to call, set up an appointment then they'll let you know the requirements, the cost and such...

Berk Trade and Business School
Apex Technical School
QBI Training Institute
The Refrigeration Institute
International Training Institute
Turner School

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I'm gonna say hvac my brother is into that shyt and has a full time job and gets clients on the side. He also hauls away ac units and strips them of copper and sells that shyt. Said he collects it for a year then cashes in once he thinks he has a good amount.

Good thread op I do wish more people got into trades and give it more thought than just saying college or nothing