as an Umar critic, he just gave the most mature argument about reparations I've seen in this entire discourse

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Bullshyt argument:russell:

The Covid stimulus checks proved that Black folks would start businesses and put down payments on homes if they good a windfall such as reparations. And the stimulus was only a fraction of what ADDOS would get in reparations.

Small Businesses Have Surged in Black Communities. Was It the Stimulus? (Published 2021)

This dude is a clown for the most part.

Listen to professor Darity if you want a honest analysis of reparations.

Tair

Superstar
Daps

The Covid stimulus checks proved that Black folks would start businesses and put down payments on homes if they good a windfall such as reparations. And the stimulus was only a fraction of what ADDOS would get in reparations.

Small Businesses Have Surged in Black Communities. Was It the Stimulus? (Published 2021)

This post.

People can also read:

41xSyeJD43L._AC_SY780_.jpg

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
This post.

People can also read:

41xSyeJD43L._AC_SY780_.jpg
This is interesting. :whoo:

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
My opinion is different than Umar. Yeah there going to be some black people that will blow the money if we get reparations. But also there will some black people who will use it to create a better life for themselves and their family. And there will be some that use it to create generation wealth. Personally, it's going to be hard for me to agree with anyone that say black people should not get reparation because they are going to blow it. This country is built on people blowing money no matter if they are white, Asian, black, Latino, etc. So to always point out this negative argument on why black people shouldn't get reparation because they will "blow it" doesn't hold up with me. White people throughout history have gotten bailout from the government, family members, companies, their white brothers and sister, other countries, the church, etc. For reparation to be more scrutinized than these type of handout and bailouts they give to white people and the wealthy elites throughout this country history seems funny to me. People love to place strict criteria on black people when they discuss reparation but similar requirement are always never enforced when white people and these large corporation are bailout out.

Donald Trump got handouts from his father and then later bail-out by the government when he when his companies went bankrupt 6 times. Elon got handouts from his father and his white gang aka Paypal Mafia, almost went bankrupt himself with Telsa and might be looking at one soon with twitter. Companies like Lehman Brothers, JPMorgan Chase, New York LIfe, N M Rotghschild, etc. got rich off slavery and some of these same companies was bailed out by the government in 2008. Everybody receive profit and generation wealth off of slavery except the slaves and their descendants. But we want to use all these excuses when reparation is brought up for black people but it was never brought up for other race of people. None of these excuses was used to stop Japanese Americans, Jewish people, and Native Americans (who deserve even more) from receive reparations but these type of reasons Umar is using are always used for black people. Someone will have to give me a much better reason on why black people shouldn't get reparation beside what Umar is saying.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Only 25% of new businesses make it to 15 years or more.

We need more than just opening LLCs...if we're thinking long-term/big picture and taking into account our grandparents and grandchildren, like Umar was saying...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nonsense.

1). Black people do save at comparable rates to whites but we also take care of more of our family members with the little money we do have in our pockets.
He's judging us by some negros buying Jordans and other nonsense that really doesn't contribute to the lack of Black wealth.

2). You cannot make yourself healthy in a society that has broken you and continues to find ways to undermine you and hurt you. You cannot make yourself healthy in a sick society. To suggest we put off reparations until that happens is downright ludicrous.

"No amount of money is going to stop Black women from not trusting Black men."

And neither will what he's suggesting, the problem is more complex and requires a lot of therapy that Black folk cannot get because we don't have money.

3). The government made white people rich despite constant infighting, killing, undermining, etc... White society doesn't love itself but the government surely made it wealthy by bolstering the middle class and investing in white folk.
The government invested in banks/white society. And the government made Black folks fail.

Dr. Umar doesn't know what he's talking about and isn't making sense.

:camby:
This proves his point.

That money is gonna circle the drain faster than it took to get it without infrastructure in place to use it.

The government that "made white people rich" also allowed them to stay that way.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Osteopaths are licensed medical professionals I’m not disputing that I go and see one every month, it’s just interesting that Umar uses his medical degree in osteopathy to boost his credentials in other fields.
meds schools often issue PhDs other advanced sciences including in clinical psychology my dude.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:mjlol:

Umar is wrong about waiting generations for reparations. We've waited enough.
if thats the case, then you waited too long... :francis:

Look, you get ONE shot at this so unless your ducks are in order then people should stop wasting folks times with this singular ask when theres so many more critical things on the ballot and court decisions already in play to lock black people out of access over the horizon.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So we just gon ignore this? Ight then :dead:

Even Yvette and Tone were telling people to VOTE, even if its down ballot.

They understood strategic interaction with the system, the role of primaries, and the necessity of sealing the deal during general elections.

This "no vote" bullshyt is costing us easy races and political lay ups.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Exactly! This dude(s) Nap is just using Umar and the fact that he has a legion of fickle followers on this board to try to shoehorn his love for his politicians and political pundits onto the rest of us.

It's like feeding a peanut butter stuffed pretzel nugget to someone that you know likes pretzels but is indifferent to peanut butter in hopes that their love for pretzels will allow them to come around to the peanut butter stuffed inside.

Dude(s) kept getting bushed for being direct with the Democrat dikk riding so he came back for Volume 14 on some backdoor villain type shıt.

Real ones see real things :myman:
Who said I love politicians?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
this. We the only group being told that reparations is should be some kind of "spiritual" or "symbolic" paycheck.

and these motherfukkers never miss a chance to pull that "they'll just buy weed, weave, and jordans" argument.
If that was the case white america would pay reparations since they know they'll get that money right back and shut us up.

Show me evidence this won't happen.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

most black businesses are single employee outfits. i.e. self employed gigs. There no scale or cross-community appeal or comparative advancement in these black small businesses.

I'd like to see a black business that literally handles advance manufacturing of critical parts. not hair care and debt consolidation.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My opinion is different than Umar. Yeah there going to be some black people that will blow the money if we get reparations. But also there will some black people who will use it to create a better life for themselves and their family. And there will be some that use it to create generation wealth. Personally, it's going to be hard for me to agree with anyone that say black people should not get reparation because they are going to blow it. This country is built on people blowing money no matter if they are white, Asian, black, Latino, etc. So to always point out this negative argument on why black people shouldn't get reparation because they will "blow it" doesn't hold up with me. White people throughout history have gotten bailout from the government, family members, companies, their white brothers and sister, other countries, the church, etc. For reparation to be more scrutinized than these type of handout and bailouts they give to white people and the wealthy elites throughout this country history seems funny to me. People love to place strict criteria on black people when they discuss reparation but similar requirement are always never enforced when white people and these large corporation are bailout out.

Donald Trump got handouts from his father and then later bail-out by the government when he when his companies went bankrupt 6 times. Elon got handouts from his father and his white gang aka Paypal Mafia, almost went bankrupt himself with Telsa and might be looking at one soon with twitter. Companies like Lehman Brothers, JPMorgan Chase, New York LIfe, N M Rotghschild, etc. got rich off slavery and some of these same companies was bailed out by the government in 2008. Everybody receive profit and generation wealth off of slavery except the slaves and their descendants. But we want to use all these excuses when reparation is brought up for black people but it was never brought up for other race of people. None of these excuses was used to stop Japanese Americans, Jewish people, and Native Americans (who deserve even more) from receive reparations but these type of reasons Umar is using are always used for black people. Someone will have to give me a much better reason on why black people shouldn't get reparation beside what Umar is saying.
Trump was in a system that protected him.

There is no such system for black people.

Thats what you keep ignoring.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
most black businesses are single employee outfits. i.e. self employed gigs. There no scale or cross-community appeal or comparative advancement in these black small businesses.

I'd like to see a black business that literally handles advance manufacturing of critical parts. not hair care and debt consolidation.

You are not ADOS stop speaking on reparations and focus your talents on your homeland.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if thats the case, then you waited too long... :francis:

Look, you get ONE shot at this so unless your ducks are in order then people should stop wasting folks times with this singular ask when theres so many more critical things on the ballot and court decisions already in play to lock black people out of access over the horizon.

If you're opposed to reparations, just say that. Forget all the goalpost moving and fear mongering.