Asking Melo To Take A Paycut After This Past Season is Insulting

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
It's not insulting when he's nearly 30. It's a huge risk for NY to pay him $100M or above.
But is that wahat the market dictates for a max player like Melo. Unless you dont think Melo is a max player at 30 which is relatively still young.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
that "mediocre" squad shoulda been, at least, a 6 seed. the eastern conference is mediocre and noah should slap the shyt outta everyone on on that squad, up to and including the "possible signee" carmelo anthony.

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
his game isnt athleticism based, he'll be elite for another 3-4 years

That's possible but the injury bug can come out of no where.

Then they shouldn't be insulted when he goes to a team with a competent FO.

I see both sides on this. NY has been trash for too long and they're the richest b-ball franchise, so if people don't trust them, that's understandable. On the other hand, bringing in Phil is the type of move that could bring a lot of regret if passed on.

But is that wahat the market dictates for a max player like Melo. Unless you dont think Melo is a max player at 30 which is relatively still young.

I personally don't think anyone is a max player at 30 because of the risk of random injury. Aside from that, he's one of the few people I'd consider a max player at 30 because as @Dwight Howard pointed out, “his game isn't athleticism-based”.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I see both sides on this. NY has been trash for too long and they're the richest b-ball franchise, so if people don't trust them, that's understandable. On the other hand, bringing in Phil is the type of move that could bring a lot of regret if passed on.

Yeaah, but the owner is already clashing with Jackson and not allowing him to make some personnel moves. fukk that guy and fukk that team is what I'd be saying.