Atrocity Exhibition - The Official 2017 Detroit Lions Thread

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Signed Akeem Spence and Cornelius Washington. Never heard of either of them.

Just have to trust Quinn on this

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Two offseasons in a row where I find myself really thinking Quinn is the guy. Releasing Levy is ballsy and suggests something else is coming. No way we go into the season with what we have. The LB we signed from Atlanta is apparently a run stuffing guy, not a coverage LB. So similar to Whitehead. I'm guessing we gotta get someone who can cover. That's likely the next move.

Damn TJ Lang visited today and left without signing. If we sign him we'll have a top 10 o-line...

I was hoping we'd target a #2 CB. Lions were tied to Logan Ryan in reports before things started today, but since then nothing. We'll see I guess.

O-line is improved, d-line has some fresh depth (but we still need an edge rusher). I'm guessing the draft will be defense heavy plus a couple offensive pieces (TE, guard, WR).

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just the fact that the Lions are willing to publicly comment on and then go meet Ike Turner Hall of Famers like Joe Mixon lets me know that there is a different air in the front office. I don't know if that is good or bad, but it's not the status quo we are used to. Color me cautious now.

Mayhew used to give Caldwell veto power in the draft room and ended up with basically whole draft class married with kids. Football is about balance, and in my eyes Mixon is a one time offender so he's right there as a round 2 pick for me

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Agreed. I wanted Caldwell gone but understand it wasn't going to happen due to winning the playoffs. Really think that the tension between Quinn and Caldwell is starting. Going into the offseason/draft prep Caldwell said the team doesn't need playmakers. Quinn just said the team does need playmakers. Caldwell's almost contrarian "you said that not me" way of approaching everything is so tiring. This team lacks talent in multiple areas and needs playmakers. I trust Quinn.

The Mixon thing is like a clear signal that Quinn is running the show. I don't think we'll take him and I don't want him. The draft is deep at RB, we can find a really good player who didn't punch a woman in the mouth. I think this is a smokescreen and a signal to the league that Quinn is reshaping the team's culture.

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Agreed. I wanted Caldwell gone but understand it wasn't going to happen due to winning the playoffs. Really think that the tension between Quinn and Caldwell is starting. Going into the offseason/draft prep Caldwell said the team doesn't need playmakers. Quinn just said the team does need playmakers. Caldwell's almost contrarian "you said that not me" way of approaching everything is so tiring. This team lacks talent in multiple areas and needs playmakers. I trust Quinn.

The Mixon thing is like a clear signal that Quinn is running the show. I don't think we'll take him and I don't want him. The draft is deep at RB, we can find a really good player who didn't punch a woman in the mouth. I think this is a smokescreen and a signal to the league that Quinn is reshaping the team's culture.
0 touchdowns in the second half in the last 4 games
never able to execute in the redzone since week 11
but we don't need a playmaker:laff::laff::laff:
keep caldwell brehs

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
0 touchdowns in the second half in the last 4 games
never able to execute in the redzone since week 11
but we don't need a playmaker:laff::laff::laff:
keep caldwell brehs

Exactly. I know a lot of the offense's late season struggles had to do with no run game, Swanson being out, Riddikk being out etc but come on. This team is built to do just enough to win, which is problematic in of itself. Lose a couple pieces and it all falls apart.

Only team that didn't score a TD in the playoffs. Disgusting.

Cooter has one more shot. The run game will be better next year with our rookie RB and a healthy Abdullah/Riddikk...if we can't do anything still......

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Hayden allows for Diggs to be banished out of the solar system so that's a win

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like that Quinn has a deliberate plan and is sticking to it: protect Stafford+improve run game. We got a upgrade at tackle and a run blocking TE who will WALK into the endzone at least 4 times this year. I'm loving it brehs.

Glasgow gonna be good as one of the guards but I'm not sure about other spot. Tomilson looks like he'll be out the league soon unless he improves. Swanson is healthy so center is set. Of course Decker gonna keep getting better. I'm liking things overall, just want another guard. Man if Lang had signed...