Atrocity Exhibition - The Official 2017 Detroit Lions Thread

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
kvpaw.gif

Where has the fukkery gone?

So now we go defense defense defense unless an offensive player we have graded high falls.

Amazing what you can do with competent people in charge.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Quinn fixed the oline in only two years and they have depth at each position too. Showed how bad Mayhew actually was. The oline might just be up there with Dallas oline if Lang comes back completely healthy. Wouldn't mind trading up a bit for Cook or drafting Mixon in the 2nd. I know they need defensive players but we saw what a stud rb with a great offensive line did for Dallas.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I'd rather a vet on a 2 year deal then drafting Mixon in the second. Trading up in the 3rd ok. But we really need 2 defensive players that can start in their second season.

I'm still not ready to throw Abdullah in the trash either.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'd rather a vet on a 2 year deal then drafting Mixon in the second. Trading up in the 3rd ok. But we really need 2 defensive players that can start in their second season.

I'm still not ready to throw Abdullah in the trash either.
Who do you have in mind? Not a lot of quality options at RB in free agency this year. :francis:

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Who do you have in mind? Not a lot of quality options at RB in free agency this year. :francis:

Which ever one of the free agents doesn't get a deal. Lacy, Charles, Crowell, Gisielee etc etc. Not to mention if the line is as good as it should be a 4th round rb to go with Abdullah would be fine.

I have no problem with Mixon. For me it would have to be a trade back into the second or a trade up in the third. It is imperative that we get 2 defensive players round 1 and 2. De, Lb, or S are must for this team.

But it all boils down to their board. If Mixon is a top 20 player on their board take him and don't look back. I personally just don't think he is as talented as the hype is getting.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is a deep RB draft so I wouldn't trade up for anyone. I've heard some ppl argue we could trade picks now that depth has been addressed so heavily. But nah...I'd rather continue to build up. I'm guessing we go DE in first round, LB in second. This team needs pass rushers. Ansah's injury really depleted us, and while Kerry Hyder did an amazing job we need better options/depth.

Wonder if Quinn will want to move Killebrew to LB?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
As we get closer to the draft, I have a feeling that if Corey Davis or mike Williams are there they will be the pick. I had a similar feeling when I predicted the lions would unfortunately draft Ebron. Marvin Jones showed that he was not a #1 last year. Lions probably have best pass blocking oline in league right now. Makes sense to complete the pass offense by getting a big #1 wr.

Foster will be gone and Reddikk is flying up draft boards. Cunningham, Jared Davis, anzalone, McMillan might be available in later rd. Taco might not be there and derek Barnett doesn't have the size that the lions seem to like at DE. And there is a ton of project corners that can sit behind slay, Lawson, and Hayden for a year.

1- Corey Davis- #1 wr, great route runner, and potential YAC monster. Stays in state. Give Stafford big end zone target he missed in CJ
2- Tabor- similar player to Slay. Will drop due to slow 40 time. He's a playmaker that will get burned. But he has high potential. Can sit back and learn early.
3- McMillan- solid linebacker that will take over the middle. Move whitehead back to strong side and hope Williams develops at OLB.
4- justin Evans- drafted is loaded at safety. Could easy see him drop. Big hitting in the box SS. Upgrade over Wilson
5- Perine- big power back. No more zenner or Washington please.
6- Dobbs/Kaaya/knight. project qb with higher ceiling than Rudock
7- Tyrone Swoopes. Converted qb. Project TE

Leaves hole at DE. Hope Ziggy balls out and getting armonty Bryant for the whole year should help. Hopefully Copeland can play now that he is in a better fit for his skill set.

I was bored just my draft thoughts right now:yeshrug:. Lions might just be most talented team in the North if they have a decent draft.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They have to add at least one pass rusher to the d-line either in the draft or free agency.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I really wish we would go Defense Defense Defense but I wouldn't pass on Davis, and Williams isn't as slow as we all thought. I wouldn't get as upset as its much easier to trust Quinn then Millenwhew.